KVA Chassis

500 Quid ono for a KVA chassis and suspension, advertised in Kitcar Magazine, Jan issue... (the one with the CAV on cover) Just in case anyone needs one!!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I have been looking to start a GT40 project
Can anyone advise if a body is available for the KVA chassis?
Reason I ask is that I have read that the KVA chassis is not always "square" and if all their chassis are the same and off the same jigs will a body from say Tornado fit?
Also if I bought the chassis does anyone have a build manual I could copy to get things moving?

If I am asking these questions does it mean that I am to much of a newbie and need to read a lot more?

thanks

Ian

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Ian

I am sure with a bit of juggling you could get a Tornado body to fit a KVA chassis but you would be better of buying a body from Chris Melia which is closer to a KVA.
With regards to a workshop manual, there never was one as KVA only supplied chassis and body kits, the rest you found yourself. There is a lot of ingenuity required in building something like this but if you feel confident, then go for it.
If you haven't already, join the clubs and pick the brains of those who have already done it.

Brian.

FYI, this is a very early (pre "C" type) chassis based on Cortina mechanicals, probably best left alone (IMHO)

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
There are also 2 complete cars advertised, however one was Lee's Hitech Welding & the other was a GTD at Sovereign Cars, both have already been sold. Therefore do not buy this magazine if you are looking to find a car to buy!

Best to stick with this section on the Forum, as it is up to date.

Cheers,

Max

Back