Still Looking for GT40 replica

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi everyone, still lurking in the background looking for a GT40 replica in the UK. Now have cash in hand, so ever keener to find a car. Martin Weigold, your car is awesome, you have done so much, but beyond my reach. Anyone else thinking of selling their car to a good home?
Save me! I am considering an Ultima. Would be proud to own one, but at my age, my heart belongs to the GT40. So please let me know if you are thinking of letting go.
Its a long time since I have seen a gt40 in the flesh, but 40 inches?? even 44 for the Dax hardly seems credible. What do you owners feel when you open the garage door and see her there? Then get in to drive her - awesome. I think I have an inkling of what you feel already, but want to experience that for myself. Let me know what you feel.
and yes I already read JOSEPH 's well put post #29487 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

regards
Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Howard, I'm sure that I will do the same., and I'll do my best to take the advice not to wait:) My wife has already suggested that I should sleep with the car when it comes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

best regards
Dave

Dave,

just do it...

I did it and my wife gets used to it...

In fact I believe she preffers this type of challenge/competition....

Good luck with my 'bad' advise

Rgds
Fred

Dave A dear friend of mine always wanted to own a gt40, so of cause when I got mine, I gave him a photo of him an I standing next to it to put on his desk at work.Every time we took it out for a spin, he would say "I gotta get one of these".
We had chartered a boat with some of our friends to go fishing off Long Island one summer day. He called me early that morning to tell me he could'nt make it because he had to be at work for an emergency meeting an would see us for dinner that night.
He never made it to dinner that night....He worked at the World Trade Center on 9/11.
If you want it, then buy it... You never know If tommorrow will come.

Dave, I was gone say some more "go for it stuff". But after what Vic said above,,,,what else is there to say,,,,

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks Faili F, vic, sorry to hear about your friend. I know how that feels from personal experience. You're right, we never know. When I see things happening in the world around me, I feel lucky to have lasted this long, so what the hell - just watch this space /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
best regards
Dave

Back