Complete GTD kit for sale

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Hello guys well the time has come that I have to say goodbye to my GT40.
Life is just too busy to spend anymore time on her.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The kit is 95% complete...
Includes new Chris Melia Mk1 body in black,
windshield,headlights and mounts
full heim jointed(Aurora) suspension front and rear
Knock off Halibrand wheels with correct Dunlop CR65 tires
NEW 400 HP 302 with Trick flow heads,Canton oil pan all the good bits inside too,
Edelbrock rpm intake
Gurney Weslake valve covers
Renault Turbo box with custom large bellhousing
Two piece fullsize flywheel,new Hipo clutch
Custom aluminum rear uprights
13 inch front rotors with Wilwood 6 piston calipers
Crossover Exhaust
New wiring harness
new R&R gas caps and door handles
Hartwell body latches per original
Radiator
Coilover double adjustable shocks
Full carpet set
leather seats GTD
all aluminum panels
Chassis has been modified to drop engine/trans as low as possible....

PRICE IS $35,000 COMPLETE
ABSOLUTELY NO DREAMERS OR TIME WASTERS PLEASE...PLEASE
CAR IS TITLED HERE IN MICHIGAN....JUST PUT IT TOGTHER AND GO........
I am sure I am forgetting stuff but you get the idea
Contact me on
586-405-6974 cell
586-575-3912 work
586-783-4558 home
gt40fran@ wideopenwest.com

Fran, I'm sorry to see you selling. I've put up a link to your post on the Club Cobra "cars for sale" area, so it may generate a little cross-traffic for you. Good luck!

Devin

Supporter
How far along is the construction? Is it a roller yet?
What kind of chassis?

Interested in a trade for a completed cobra that is ready to go (been completed since 2000)?

I'm definately interested...

Fran, you are a valued member of the community here and I hope we haven't seen the last of you. I'm sure you will sell your car very quickly as $35,000 is a very fair price for that car.

Good luck.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
SOLD....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Someone got a great deal........
Dont worry guys I am still gonna be lurking......I am not going anywhere just regrouping...

Devin

Supporter
My gosh!

That has to be a record!! I didn't even get time to write a reply to say I was interested and it was gone inside of a couple of minutes!!!

Well if it doesn't work out keep me in mind for next in line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Congrats to whoever the new owner is...he certainly got a very good deal. Hopefully he registers here and uses a real name and a real location. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Devin

Supporter
well ok Mark

Devin Martin
Abilene, TX

I've just used this logon since the internet was born /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And you know us pilot types...everything's a callsign...I don't even know half of the guys I fly with real names /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm the lucky one. I came home early today because of back problems, and now I can't even feel any pain. Fran has been very kind doing some hand holding as I've been looking for a GT40. When I saw his name on the posting, it was a no brainer.

Once again thanks Fran

Steve Miller

Congrats, Steve! Talk about the right place at the right time. You've left a lot of unhappy people out there--

BTW, please don't take my "unhappy people" comment as being meant in any mean-spirited way. I personally have already heard from three people who are disappointed with themselves for being "asleep at the switch" when Fran put his car up for sale. Of course, who knew it would be sold in 90 minutes! That's got to be a record-- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
For all you "thinking about it's" out there THAT WAS A GOOD DEAL. Anything close to one like that is a buy it and pay for it any way you can thing. The fact that it is in the USA makes it worth a couple of grand and its already resgistered, at least another thou. Believe me he could have got 45k in the same 90 mins EASY!!!! My guess is thats still less than the sum of the parts. The rod ends cost 25-30 bucks each, thats at least 400 bucks worth not to mention fabrication/welding of new parts. Doing a full rodend setup could cost $1000 if you had to pay someone to do it for you.

This should be a lession to you guys. These cars are not cheap. You cannot do one for 25K unless you use parts that really don't belong on one. V6 VW gearbox, junk brakes etc.

I'm sorry if I pissed someone off but thats the reality of it. Damn, I could have found a place to hide it from my wife if I had only known. I'm not kidding about this.

Steve,

You now will "FLY LIKE AN EAGLE" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Congrats, Fran is a Good lad. I am sure his car (your car)is great, it probably has my carpets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Gives new meaning to the term "gone in 60 seconds"...congrats Steve, and Fran, I hope you can regroup and have another whack at it.

WOW! That was an incredible deal.
MY NZ kit and accumulated parts is very similar to what Fran listed, and there is NO WAY I would consider parting with mine for less than 45-50k !

[ QUOTE ]
This should be a lession to you guys. These cars are not cheap. You cannot do one for 25K unless you use parts that really don't belong on one. V6 VW gearbox, junk brakes etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, this sound familiar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back