Tornado GT40 *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Re: Tornado GT40

Patrick, I see the car is in Edinburgh, I have never seen it, but a friend has. When I see him tonight, I'll ask. Are you in Scotland? If you are not too far, maybe you would like to see mine for comparison.

Dave

Hi,
I'm in Cheshire. An unbiased opinion / appraisal from your friend would be appreciated . If I come up to Scotland to view or buy it, I'd love to take you up on your offer. Feel free to mail me off list if you wish.
regards
Patrick

Hi I looked at this car when it was for sale 3 years ago,
Flew up to Edinburgh and met the chap who built it, he wanted £20,000 then, would not budge on the price, unfortunately the car interior was not finished at the time of viewing which was a little off puting as I was looking for a finished car.
The Car had a R reg at the time I see it has a age related plate now.
Finish of the paint work was very good, and the colour looked good. My major reservation that the car being new needed sorting to make it totaly reliable.
Will be intresting to see what the Reserve Price is.
Happy bidding folks
Ian

I saw the car at close quarters at the Knockhill race circuit only last summer. The interior looked like it still needed a lot of work done on it. Both inside and outside were a bit scruffy. I assume that it has been worked on before being put up for sale

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter

Patrick, it was my friends son who saw it recently, again at knockhill. He apparently said that it was 'minted' a colloquialism meaning like a shiny new coin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif so maybe it has been worked on since last year. I will try to get more when I see him next /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Dave

I think there has been a bit of PM between Musiclover and the seller.
£5000 hike in one bid very interesting, if it goes up much more I think I'll put mine on e-bay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The £5k jump is because of the reserve. When you bid you can put in the maximum price you will bid to and it will bid against anyone for you, if this is above the reserve price it will jump strait to the reserve.

Hope this makes sense.

Just had some pics from the guy selling the tornado, it doesn't seem to have any panelling in the nose section, with the front "bonnet" (is that what it's called? the bit with the vents?) you can see the road underneath and the insides of the wheels. Are tornado's built like this?
I thought that the ali panelling in a '40 added to the rigidity?
Simon

There should be paneling on a Tornado under the front bonnet - if there isn't I would be very wary of the rest of the car. It is structural as you said

Here's a pic

Attachments

• 31579-tornado front.jpg
    31579-tornado front.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 330

Hi all,
I also had some pics from the guy and my balloon quickly deflated when I looked at them.... the quest goes on. Thanks for all the replies. this is a great , infornative forum of genuine enhtusiasts.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back