LHD GTD for sale in Germany

Hi

I've just been forwarded this. It's a 302 with BRMs, crossover etc, though it's priced high at $83,000 or £43,000. Interestingly it's left hand drive with a left hand gearshift.

Link to LHD GTD

ford_gt40_gtd_blau_rot_05.jpg

Usual caveats apply. Cheers

Rob

Rob,

Interesting car, thanks for posting. The description looks like itwas written by Stanley Unwin;

"Also today still, over 30 years after its debut, the eye enjoys the viewer still the timeless, beautiful form and about the partly singular, technical details"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ho muchly funnylode

For anyone who hasn't got a clue who Stanley Unwin was, he invented his own language called Unwinese. I first heard of him when he appeared on the Small Faces' "Ogdens Nut Gone Flake", and when he starred as himself and his own puppet in Gerry Anderson's "The Secret Service". According to Tommy Cooper, he was "bleedin' barmy". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For anyone who hasn't got a clue who or what the Small Faces, Ogdens Nut Gone Flake, Gerry Anderson or Tommy Cooper are/were, I give up.

Here's an audio clip of Unwinese

Stanley Unwin speech clip

At even greater risk of having to move this thread to "off topic posts", did anyone notice the amazing stock in the same showroom as this GTD? 126 Ferraris, 104 Mercedes, 17 Bugattis (including 4 Veyrons, a Chiron and 6 EB110s), 3 Pagani Zondas, a few nice Cobras (including a Shelby 427 at 340,000 euros), etc, etc. The list is endless.

To get it back on topic (almost) in the same dealer's shop, for just 29 euros, you can buy a wierd print of a GT40 doing strange things to a naked woman, as below. Bargain... or perhaps not... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Autos_Poster_2NR7PR.JPG

Cheers

Rob

This car has been for sale over here for the last 18 months. No chance of selling at this rediculously high price.

Back