Roaring 40's #80 for sale

I have deciced to sell my RFGT40. The build pictures are on this forum. It has leather seats, limited slip differential, slotted disk brakes, Motec fuel injection, custom built Ford 302 block with a billeted crank, custom rod/pistons and AFR heads. Engine dyno at 460hp. The car is licensed as a 1965 Ford in Indianna so it can run in the vintage races. My sons and I built this car. Now they have grown and departed for college. The car just sits in the garage collecting dust(actually its under a car cover )

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,890
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,917
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,883
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,900
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,874

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Doctor,

You and your sons did a beautiful job on the car. You should have no trouble at selling a car that looks that good! I'd wish you luck, but I really don't think you'll be needing much of that.

Regards,
Lynn

Wow Rolf, surprised to see it up for sale. The car looks great .How many miles have you put on her ? I remember you had allot of trouble registering it in Ohio, I guess that's one reason you went the Indiana route ? Take care, Dan

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
$50,000 over on the Club Cobra site, this is an excellent buy for a GT40 in the States, don't imagine it'll last long!!

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi AUTOFANATIC,

as the moderator of the forum I'd like to point out it is bad form to hijack a for sale thread of another member for your own gain. Generally, folks like to introduce themselves to the forum before using the site for their own purposes.

GT40s.com is a great resource for advertising cars for sale and you are welcome to do so on your own threads. For now I will delete this post from this thread started by rolf

Sincerely,
Ron

PS- Two in one day - make it a third and you'll be removed from the forum!

Agree with Mark, from the photos $50k sounds like a great deal. Don't expect this will last long, be surprised if it's still available now.

I also got that ad, as I expect most people did. I forwarded it to Ron just in case this guy was smart enough not to send it to him.

Get enough unwanted spam in my email, don't want to also receive spam in PM messages.

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Excellent price on a nice car, I imagine it is gone already. I didn't notice at first, but it is setup with the 8bbl injection/Motec system too. Don't think you can beat a complete car for $50k anywhere, definitely ranks up there with some of the better deals I've seen on the forum. And a color I like!

Thanks everyone for your interest in my car. The car is sold. I am going to miss it but its time to move on. Who knows, there may be another project someday. Thanks to all the members of this forum who helped me during the build. This forum is invaluable for someone with this type of project.

Rolf- boo-hoo I couldn't buy it right now but, I'm happy for you & the lucky buyer !
Great talking with you on the phone.
Kevin

Ok, time to come out of the closet. Dan the car is goinig to Ft. lauderdale Florida.

So the next question most people including my wife would ask is why, since I already have what is a complete kit plus engine and transmission sitting in my garage. Well last year not much work was accomplised because I spend most of my time either ducking storms or making repairs after a storm. Then I opened a new business that is really stressing my time. So wanting to continue my build and actually doing so became two different things. But I do have time to do small projects and to tinker with a car while I enjoy driving it and Rolf's car makes that possable. So as soon as I can arrange shipping it will be heading South.

I would suggest that all those hoping for somthing to come along that could get them into the GT40 world quickly should watch this space.

Peter

Back