Roaring 40's #90 70% complete for sale

As some of you may know I purchased Rolf's car this week and now it's time to sell my partially comlete RF. I am sad because I put a lot of effort and money into the car, but being honest with myself I do not have the time to complete the build. I can tinker with RF 80 and still be on the road on nice days. My car is about 70% complete as you can see from the list below, the main work now would be prepping the body for paint and final fitting of panels.

The list of what ahs been done and what is included.

All chassie cladding in stainless steel
Steering and suspension with AVo shocks
Peddle box installed
Brake and Clutch cylinders installed
Brakes installed and plumbed (slotted rotors and Corvette calipers)
Hand Brake installed
Aluminum Radiator installed
Electric fans installed
Cooling pipes insulated and installed
Header tank installed
radiator Bleed lines installed
Fuel tanks and all fitting installed including senders
Three fuel pumps installed, two low pressure, one high pressure for FI
A/C installed
Main electrical harness installed
Body fitted
Chassie insultated for sound and heat
Clutch hard lines installed

The following items will be supplied with the car.

All hinges and body mounting hardware
Door handle set
Stainless steel over center body catches
Door seals
Modified thermostat housing
Fuel filler caps
all glass components (windsheld, rear window, bulkhead window)
All mount rubber for glass
Windsheld wiper set complete with washer tank and pump
Full instrumentation set, Smith Gauges and switches
All dash and demister vents
Complete fuse box and assessory harneses
Surpentine pully set, engine mounts, Gear Box adapter plate, flywheel,
clutch assembly, Clutch release bearing, starter motor, alternator and brackets, All lighting fixtures and bulbs,side windows, leather seats, Roll bar kit, 16" pin drives wheels and tires, Audi 5N rebuilt with LS installed.

Engine
306 SBF with Twisted Force heads and matching cam 9.5 to 1 compression ratio, balanced and blue printed, Canton oil pan, DCO 8 stack fuel injection manafold powder coated and polished, Electromotive Tec 3R full engine managment system.

Price is $42,000.

For pictures please see buid thread RF#90.

I can be reached at 954-816-6005 or at [email protected]

Peter

Last edited:
I have spoken with several people who have expressed an interest in this car but while having those discussions some concerns came to the surface. It seems that most people have an engine already or would want something different from what I have as an engine setup, and in those cases having a lower price instead of the motor would be more attractive to them.

So with this in mind I am removing the engine from my kit and lowering the price to $36,000. Only the engine has changed every other drive train related item required to complete the RF including the tranny with LS, adapter and clutch are still included.

Another change that I have made is to include the RF 16" wheels in the BRM style with tires mounted and balanced making the kit a complete roller.

I can be reached at 954-816-6005 or via email on the forum or directly [email protected].

Peter

Peter- I can't believe some guys don't want your engine with the car,....I sure would !
It was very nice talking with you on the phone. Wish I was ready & could afford your car in cash right now. I'd be knocking on your door. :burnout: Too bad. :(

Thanks,

Kevin

I haven't called back to come take a look because I don't want to send myself into a spiraling depression. The only way I could take your car home is if I left my extremely fast and well put together Cobra behind as a trade. :)

Bump,
I'm bringing this ad back to the top because number one, I still have it and number 2, I have made some changes that lower the price considerable.

Since the original post I have been working on Rols old car undertaking to make some changes that put it more inline with my intentions. Those changes resulted in the following items being added or deleted from my original offering.

The kit will come with a fully built 302 with AFR heads. This is the motor out of Rolfs car. The kit will also come with the 16" BRM wheels and tires instead of the 17" without tires.

Best of all the price has been lowered to $36,000 including engine and transmission.

I have attached one photo of my kit and a photo showing how i had the pipes on Rolfs old car Jet Hot coated.

I can be reached at 954-816-6005 or [email protected]

Peter

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 1,876
  • IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 1,911
The car is heading for the Lone Star state but I will let the new owner announce himself if he so desires.

As for me I now need to change my signiture to reflect only one car and the one car is now not running. Having pulled the motor I have plans to do quite a bit of refitting to Chassie #80. Some of the changes include new 17" wheels and tires, new motor, Installation of a 3.22 ring and penion into the 5N, Correction of some miner build issues, Redo the interior, Correct some body fit issues and more than likely a repaint.

I will be starting a new build thread so that you can all follow along and give much needed advice as this project progresses.

Peter

The car is heading for the Lone Star state but I will let the new owner announce himself if he so desires.

As for me I now need to change my signiture to reflect only one car and the one car is now not running. Having pulled the motor I have plans to do quite a bit of refitting to Chassie #80. Some of the changes include new 17" wheels and tires, new motor, Installation of a 3.22 ring and penion into the 5N, Correction of some miner build issues, Redo the interior, Correct some body fit issues and more than likely a repaint.

I will be starting a new build thread so that you can all follow along and give much needed advice as this project progresses.

Peter

Peter

Last edited:
Well #90 is now in the Lone Star State. About 850 miles a day and 2600 miles later she's still resting in the trailer.
I will be finishing #90 for a good friend. Our goal is to be ready for Keels & Wheels the 5th of May ( better unload and get started hey!)
Peter has done a fine job on the work completed so it will not require redoing anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0866.JPG
    IMG_0866.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,007
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 978
  • IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 976
Simon,
You are being kind with the no need to redo anything comment but I'll let it stand. Anyway I'm glad you made it home without problem and am looking foward to the new build thread on #90.

By the way, with all the loading we missed one box that contained the water hoses and some A/C lines. email me your address and I will get the box to FedX.

Peter

Peter, thanks and I will get that address to you.
Nik comes over every day to check on his baby and I can tell from the smile that he's very happy.
Later today I'm going to get #90 in the shop and the work will begin soon after.
Peter I mean it about the quality of your work. It will save us lots of time knowing we don't have to back up and fix things.
I better stop with the compliments or you'll just feel that that much worse for letting her go.

Thanks again,

Simon

Back