GTD40 for sale - Cheshire, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
I was fortunate to be tipped off to the availability of a rare RML40, which I purchased, and this has now arrived - with the result that my garage is rather congested with 40's! Hence the immediate availability of my GTD40.

Some details:-

GTD40 MkI
First registered 1998
All paperwork is correct for the car

Ford Imperial Blue with white stripes
Ford 302 V8 engine built, using a seasoned block, by Julian Godfrey
Ported Edelbrock big valve heads, Edelbrock manifold, Eagle rods & Clevite bearings, Modified Holley 600 carb
Renault UN1 gearbox
Image 17" BRM style wheels
Leather dash with period style instrument layout, carpeted interior
Fire extinguisher
Current mileage approx 8600 and always kept as a dry car
MOT'd to May 2008

In late 2003 I bought the car from the builder, a well respected member of the GTD fraternity. Like the majority of owners, it was my intention to use it primarily as a road car and with the odd track-day thrown in. Having lived with the car for about a year and having identified a number of areas in which it could be further improved, I then spent a great deal of time, and a considerable amount of money (not quite 'money no object' but bills in excess of £15000), undertaking the upgrades and refinements listed below. These have transformed the car into one which is VERY usable - plenty of go, plenty of stop and lots of fun on the twisty bits. But now without the 'white-knuckle ride' that can characterise an unsorted '40.

Most recent upgrades include:-

Modified suspension & steering
Springs replaced
Front & rear rubber bushes replaced with polyurethane
Wealden rear anti-roll bar
Towing eyes front & rear
AP Racing paddle clutch - good road feel and not too heavy
Big AP Racing 4 pot brakes all round
Wilwood pedal box with cockpit adjustable brake bias, new master cylinders & driver's footrest
Aluminium firewall
Wealden leather seats
Wealden rod gear-change with micro-adjuster
Windscreen demister & blower box
Helicopter vents fitted
Wealden extra-deep twin nostril panel
Wealden re-packable silencer (Sorry, don't know the dB's but it's quite polite)
Headers & silencer internally & externally coated Cermakrome - note some peeling on the headers
Twin Carter fuel pumps
Aerocatch rear deck security latches
Goodyear Eagle tyres 315/35x17 & 235/45x17
Speedo recalibrated to suit new tyres

A very extensive dossier of receipts/documents/photographs/etc covering the original build and subsequent works will be included in the sale.

Asking price £33000 for a quick sale.

If you require any more details or photographs then please just drop me a PM.

Jim Pearson

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,137
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,151
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,145
  • Page1.jpg
    Page1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Page2.jpg
    Page2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Page3.jpg
    Page3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,061

Keith

That is a very good price for what looks like an extremely well finished GTD. Some lucky person will get a whole lot of motor car for his money. Regretfully, it will not be me or Paulo, but we're working on it! :):):)

Wish you were over here in Oz (and the car NSW registered); I'd be talking to you about buying it. Looks and sounds a well sorted 40.

Best wishes with your change of cars,

Dalton

Jim, love the car! Well done! Good luck with your new purchase. Just one question, where did you source the mirrors? The placement and the style are what I have been looking for for my CAV. tom

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Tom P.

The following supply racing mirrors in the UK. If you are unable to obtain in the US and want me to source from here then just let me know.

My mirrors are chrome on brass and were supplied by Europa Spares - also available are polished ally or black and with flat or convex glass. They're all in the region of $40-60 each.

http://www.europaspares.com/

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayprod...Name=Mirrors&agCode=0255&agName=Racing+Mirror

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/MIRRORS-Classic-Twin-Bolt/c232_423_426/index.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Folks,

Just by way of update may I confirm that the GTD40 was sold some months ago to an enthusiast in the London area. No doubt he'll make himself known on the forum.

Many thanks to all for their genuine interest and kind comments.

Especially thanks to Frank Catt of Wealden Engineering for all his good quality buying contacts. If any of you are looking to buy or sell a '40 in the UK or Europe then Frank is highly recommended. He's on +44 (0)1323 843 839.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back