GTD for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must sell my life long dream I have owned this car for about 2 years, Cancer has a way of changing your life.
having trouble posting pics, will post them within 24 hrs.
this GTD is in the ESSEX Wire colors with twin snorkels, gurney bubble and gurney westlake valve covers over a 66 289 stroked to a 347 about 500 miles ago. every thing in the motor is new. only the I didn't replace is the block. 11 . 1 comp. little over 400 hp. The car had webers, I sold them and was going to install fuel injection till I got the bad news so I put a new holly 650 and drove it this summer.
Trans is an R20, shifts like butter, best shifting car i"ve owned.
car has polished aluminum, chromed suspension and perfect leather interior with correct seats of course.
the car has 2600 miles and is all sorted out. It has a unique beginning...too long of a story.
Price $ 68,500. I'm in Rochestrer N.Y. call me on my cell # 585 802 8080
Please call for more info.

Dennis, sorry to hear you have to sell your car. best wishes for the future though. I'm sure we're all wishing you well.
Simon

Sorry to hear of your health condition. Also sorry to hear you have to sell your GT40.

I myself had to have my stomach removed in March due to cancerous tumors. So far, so good. I have an ongoing experience and learning curve going on to learn how my health was changed since March, and how I must live the future in a different manner. The Chemo and Radiation Treatments have also been a challenge. The treatments do have an effect on your energy level and choices of food intake.

It will be a step by step and day by day ordeal. Keep a positive outlook towards winning the battle as you can, and surround yourself with friends that will give you postive input. The American Cancer Society has alot of support information and groups that can help ease you through this issue if you care to check it out.

You can contact me anytime if you would like to talk about the cancer issue.

Good luck, and we all here on the forum will be here to support you any way we can!

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dennis, I too am sorry to hear your news and I wish you the best in confronting the disease and hope for a positive outcome and bright future. It is great that you were able to realize your dream where many have not. New dreams await you.

thanks for your support!!!

I thought I could figure out how to post pics within 24 hrs, but no luck, will have help tonight from brother in law.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Small world eh? I've said some prayers for you and your family. God bless you my friend.

Howard Dennis Jones

GTD, R21, 302 SBF, SF Bay Area California

here are the pics I promised

Attachments

• FrontLH.jpg
    FrontLH.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,169
  • Engine5DriverSd.jpg
    Engine5DriverSd.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 3,154
  • FrtComp.jpg
    FrtComp.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 3,026
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 3,061
  • OpenRearHatch.jpg
    OpenRearHatch.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 3,013
Dennis,

Very beautiful GT40!

It reminds me of a very similar looking GTD that was in the Portland, Oregon area about 10-12 years ago. Same Essex Wire Team colors, and was for sale back then. Could this be the same car you think?

Dennis,

There is a guy in Texas that also had an Essex Wire painted GTD. His name is Gary (can't remember last name), and he sold it about a year ago. He usually hangs out at Club Cobra. Sorry for the thread drift, just thought this might add to what was already posted.

Hope your cancer battle is going well for you.

Dennis,

It happens to me all the time.

Pretty sure it has to be the same guy. I think he was tied to a Ford Dealership (his work day job, not an owner).

Dennis,

I was thinking about you this last week, and just wanted to touch bases with you.

Any chance on having you update us on your trip to Tahiti, how your health is doing, and any info or news on your GT40?

Thanks,

Dennis
Best of luck to you...enjoy that vacation.
I can't remember specifically seeing your car, but is it possible it was built here in N.J.?
If so I may have some info.
Cheers
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back