1,100 mile Roaring Forties GT40 For Sale - Stunning Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is titled as a 1965 Ford GT in Massachusetts. Only 1,128 miles have passed under this car since it’s completion by Gordon Levy Racing in Maricopa, AZ http://www.levyracing.com/ .

The car has a very potent 302 cu. in. “roller” engine, aluminum heads, producing 385 rear wheel horsepower. Some of the engine details; Kinsler Matched Fuel injectors, Motec ignition, Motec Fuel injection with 8 individual throttle bodies, custom made, chromed, stainless steel velocity stacks. The 5-speed transaxle is supplied by Audi (A6 with 3:22:1 ratio), it has a Clutch Net Kevlar Clutch with a performance pressure plate (300 miles). It’s painted LeMans Blue with Pearl Silver stripes. It has BRM knock-off wheels with the correct right and left hand threads. Yokohama Avid V4S tires. Koni adjustable 8216 shocks. Every fastener is aircraft grade incorporating “Rivnuts” and Stainless Steel screws. The interior is leather and has the shifter mounted correctly to the right of the driver. The car has A/C and heat (works perfectly!). The build quality of this car is nothing short of amazing, the owner is fanatical about maintenance and storage (always covered). One drive in this car and you will be sold – this car has to be seen to be experienced…asking $94,500

139 MORE PICS BELOW
1965 Ford GT40 Mark I, Roaring 40's right hand drive, high-end build, 1,100 actual miles - A BLAST TO OWN AND DRIVE!! pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

THANKS GT40's :pepper:
Dave Castine, Wakefield, MA
[email protected]

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the forum, Dave. Please consider hanging around a bit and joining in the goings-on here. I suspect you have been lurking about a bit, as I notice you have established a supporting membership before you posted a "for sale" item. Congratulations on having been astute enough to follow our small group's forum etiquite!

What a shame you are selling such a stunning car--are you planning on building or buying a different toy?

Good luck selling her--I know there are a few of us who are already salivating!

Doug

It is fair to say that yo uhave gone to town with the digital camera. And for that I thank you. At that price and the current axchange rate it would be a pretty good deal for someone in Australia depending on when it was built etc.

Good Luck with your sale - beautiful car.

Cheers

Jack

Hi Guys - Thanks for all the wonderful comments, this car actually belongs to a "computer challanged" friend of mine. Don is a successful business owner that has got to a point in his life where he's turning a page (mid 60's). He's had a couple Superformance Cobras in the past but this is his dream car and was built as such - a truly wonderful and well built car. I'd love to build a beast like this someday and if I didn't have two kids in college this car would be potentially be in my garage - but until that day comes I have to scrape by with my original 67 GTX 440/4spd/Dana - not exactly the handling/stopping champion like my friend Don's car, but it keeps me out of the kitchen...(and in the garage)... take care, and have a great Thanksgiving!!

I really have come to respect these cars and the people that own them, you are a cut above the normal 'car guys'... glad to meet all of you!

Regards,
Dave Castine
Wakefield, MA

It goes real good - it's a 12,000 mile rebuild (1990) 375hp with 500 lb ft, but the technolgy of forty years ago was (is) downright scary related to handling and stopping! This car has 70,200 original miles...

I have a new found respect for those crazy bastards that raced these things "out of the box"... man what b@lls! My car has manual drum brakes and no power steering - handles like a drunk cow on a skate board. My winter plans include upgrading to disc brakes and "firm feel" power steering w/new polygraphite suspension components. If money allows; new leaf springs and torsion bars ("hemi" level 4spd/Dana cars).

For now I can keep up with some of you guys - until you make the first turn! LOL...;)

Hi Dave. Say hi to Don for me when you see him.
Don takes exceptional care of his cars. This was the last RF I built and it is a wonderful car.

Hi Gordon - You built one of the most amazing cars I've ever seen!!

I'll be talking with Don this evening - I'll be sure to send him your regards, he's a great guy. I agree with you about the way he maintains the car - he and his son pushed the car out of the garage WITH WHITE GLOVES ON!!! Couldn't believe it....

Take care & Happy Thanksgiving!

Dave C

Hi Gordon - You built one of the most amazing cars I've ever seen!!

I'll be talking with Don this evening - I'll be sure to send him your regards, he's a great guy. I agree with you about the way he maintains the car - he and his son pushed the car out of the garage WITH WHITE GLOVES ON!!! Couldn't believe it....

Take care & Happy Thanksgiving!

Dave C

Doesn't Michael Jackson also wear white gloves? Ha ha. Just messing. That is some serious TLC right there. How did he ever bring himself to drive it?

Cheers

jack

Hi Dave nice GTX. I live right up the street from you (well sort of) I'm in Woburn. I am pretty sure I have seen your car around. Here are my 2 toys. I would like to someday (Spring of '08) sell my '34 and get a GT40.

Jim

Attachments

• 34 6.14.01-7.jpg
    34 6.14.01-7.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,129
  • 67FFWNH.JPG
    67FFWNH.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,144
Hi Jim - nice to meet you! Nice rides! The 34 should sell quick, there are always guys looking for those. Let me know when that time comes I'll throw it up on my website for ya, no charge... (I do this as a hobby, get to meet some real great guys!).

Like meeting Don and seeing this GREAT GT40!!

Take care Jim, Happy Thankgiving, GO PATS!

Dave C

This is titled as a 1965 Ford GT in Massachusetts. Only 1,128 miles have passed under this car since it’s completion by Gordon Levy Racing in Maricopa, AZ http://www.levyracing.com/ .

The car has a very potent 302 cu. in. “roller” engine, aluminum heads, producing 385 rear wheel horsepower. Some of the engine details; Kinsler Matched Fuel injectors, Motec ignition, Motec Fuel injection with 8 individual throttle bodies, custom made, chromed, stainless steel velocity stacks. The 5-speed transaxle is supplied by Audi (A6 with 3:22:1 ratio), it has a Clutch Net Kevlar Clutch with a performance pressure plate (300 miles). It’s painted LeMans Blue with Pearl Silver stripes. It has BRM knock-off wheels with the correct right and left hand threads. Yokohama Avid V4S tires. Koni adjustable 8216 shocks. Every fastener is aircraft grade incorporating “Rivnuts” and Stainless Steel screws. The interior is leather and has the shifter mounted correctly to the right of the driver. The car has A/C and heat (works perfectly!). The build quality of this car is nothing short of amazing, the owner is fanatical about maintenance and storage (always covered). One drive in this car and you will be sold – this car has to be seen to be experienced…asking $94,500

139 MORE PICS BELOW
1965 Ford GT40 Mark I, Roaring 40's right hand drive, high-end build, 1,100 actual miles - A BLAST TO OWN AND DRIVE!! pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

THANKS GT40's :pepper:
Dave Castine, Wakefield, MA
[email protected]

Hi, Is the car still for sale?

Best Regards. Les.

Yes - as of today it's still available.

Getting some interest from the Asian community as of late...

Dave

I'll check on the title, I know it says "1965 Ford". I don't believe it says anything else related to kitcar, replica or rebuilt anywhere on the title.

He's selling because he doesn't drive it, Don is a wealthy business owner in his 60's - my guess is he's moving onto something a little more comfortable.

If you have any questions please call me directly - it's truly a wonderfully built, running car.

Thanks
Dave
(617)513-7407

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back