CAV GT40 for sale *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am selling my car. 347 stroker motor with 450hp. Has a/c, jaguar carpeting, 15 brm wheels, bundle of snakes manifold is ceramic coated inside and out.Car has covered 3300 miles and is as new. Chassis been set up and tested on the race track, but never been raced.2007 model.
Asking 50,000 pounds.

Attachments

• 26-07-07_0750.jpg
    26-07-07_0750.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 3,195
  • dash 037.jpg
    dash 037.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3,482
  • dash 079.jpg
    dash 079.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 3,056
  • dash 061.jpg
    dash 061.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,655
  • IMG_2470 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2470 (Large).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,887
Re: Cav Chassis No.128 For Sale

That is beautiful, Chris. I wish it was over here in Oz, and I'd be doing some serious talking with you.

Dalton

Cav Gt4o For Sale

My car is up for sale

Chassis no.128
347 stroker motor, 450hp race motor (pro-build)
6 speed
a/c
full leather
Jaguar carpeting throughout
all specs available on factory website CAV GT | Resurrecting a legend
2007 model
The car is as new and covered 3300 miles
Asking 50,000 pounds.

Contact Chris Walker [email protected]

Attachments

• dash 035.jpg
    dash 035.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,976
  • dash 037.jpg
    dash 037.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,091
  • dash 061.jpg
    dash 061.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,866
  • dash 079.jpg
    dash 079.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,900
  • IMG_2470 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2470 (Large).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,864
Cav Gt40 For Sale

Chassis no.128
347 stroker motor 450hp
6 speed
a/c
jaguar carpeting throughout
exhaust manifold ceramic coated inside and out.
15 inch brm wheels
2007 model covered only 3400 miles and is in perfect condition
for full specs go to CAV GT | Resurrecting a legend
serious offers considered

Chris Walker

Attachments

• IMG_2470 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2470 (Large).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,605
  • dash 037.jpg
    dash 037.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,666
  • dash 079.jpg
    dash 079.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,602
  • dash 061.jpg
    dash 061.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,524
  • dash 041.jpg
    dash 041.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,574

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: Cav Gt40 For Sale

Chris, you already have this car for sale on two other threads. Instead of posting a new thread each time, just post to your old thread and bump it to the top every few days or so. I will combine all three threads now.

Ron

Chris,

How much of a project would it be to convert the center shift to right hand Sill shift, and any iea what the cost would be?

Being in Cape Town, I thought the conversion might be a factory retro-fit type thing(???), and Jean might be receptive to this type of project?

Very fine looking car....And it is the right color combination.

I asked CAV about right Sill shift awhile ago (March 07).
They said.... "We have not done a right hand shifter from the factory yet although it is possible. We have not however had enough demand for it to justify the development cost."
If your really looking to convert the center shift to right hand Sill shift talk with Ian Clark (CAV Canada) he offers the conversion.
HTH

Rich,

I communicated with the CAV folks, and at the time, they qouted me +$3,000.00 for the RHD/Sill shift as an option over the base price. This was just prior to the move to Jean getting directly involved...........but I do remember they had not done a RHD/Sill shift car at that point.

It does not make sense to purhase a CAV in SA, ship it to Canada for the retro fit, and then to me in the USA. Too much $$$ for shipping + the cost of the retro fit. If it were workable, I would have to be able to buy the CAV for less $$$ than Chris is asking....and I know the answer to that equation already.

Just does not compute......but it was nice thinking about it anyway.

Ian Clark

Supporter

Hi Rich, Gary, Chris,

About the right hand shift etc, for converting center shift CAVs. We currently have all the parts in stock to switch a left hand drive car to right hand drive, including the hand stitched leather dash, gear selector mechanism and assorted hardware.

The coversion can be done with basic hand tools so sending the car out is not absolutely required. We do recommend having all our suspension and driveline parts installed by qualified experts none the less.

Chris, nice car, hope it finds a new home soon. Sorry to jump in the posting, I would have missed Gary's question.

Cheers

Last edited:
CAV GT40 for sale

I think I need some advice.

I have advertised my car for some time now with zero response. I can only come to 2 conclusions:
1. I am asking far too much for the car(even though I am asking 30,000 pounds less than a new one)
2.this website is not the right place to find a buyer.

Please advise

Chris Walker

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: CAV GT40 for sale

Hi Chris,

Many GT40s have been bought and sold on the site, but mainly in the UK and US. I don't know how many SA readers we have but far fewer than US and UK readers.

I think your car would be hard for a US buyer to justify due to location and the weak dollar. At $2 USD to the Pound your car is $100k USD and is in SA. Since it has a motor and transaxle it'll be hard to import to the US since US Customs won't allow a complete car in. And it'll cost money to freight it here.

A new CAV roller can be had for $70k USD here in the US, no transport or import worries. Naturally Ford motors with a 4bbl are dirt cheap in the US and six speed 01Es don't cost a lot. So a user here in the States could probably duplicate the car for similar or less money and not have to worry about shipping and importation. I'm not sure about the UK, but the price you are asking seems in line with UK prices for GT40s.

It is a pretty car though and I do wish you luck in finding it a new home.

Ron

Thanks for the information.

I was really thinking of selling the car to someone in the U.K

The price I was asking includes all shipping and duties etc.

To put it into perspective i would be getting around 38,000 pounds for the car.
So here it is:
1x as new Cav gt40 with 3600 miles
asking price 38,000 pounds, buyer to pay all shipping and duties.
I think asking any less would be doing a great disservice to the Auto Futura product.

Regards
Chris

That is very reasonable... it's still need to get through an ESVA test about that shouldn't cost anymore than about £1500

Lovely car Chris i do think you'll find a buyer for it, i hope it goes to a good home.

Keith

You reckon it would cost £20K to get it into UK?

That seems excessive. I was looking at a CAV mono myself 4 years or so ago and it didn't seem THAT expensive......

Well, if Chris wanted £50K inc shipping etc and now wants £38k excluding shipping duty etc, that means he reckons it will cost £12K which means you can land it in the UK for £50k (or less maybe)...well, that's if he's done his homework...:)

You reckon it would cost £20K to get it into UK?

That seems excessive. I was looking at a CAV mono myself 4 years or so ago and it didn't seem THAT expensive......

Well, if Chris wanted £50K inc shipping etc and now wants £38k excluding shipping duty etc, that means he reckons it will cost £12K which means you can land it in the UK for £50k (or less maybe)...well, that's if he's done his homework...:)

Depends... i reckon a container would cost between £4000-£6000... and then you've got up to 10% duty on car and shipping and then V.A.T on the total.

Which i reckon worst case you'd be looking at between 56 and 57k

Hi Guys

The shipping from South Africa costs ZAR 30,000.
That is around 2,200 pounds.

I hope this helps with all those calculations.

Regards
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_2470 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2470 (Large).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,884

Keith

Well I make that £47k landed (give or take a Rand or two) plus some faith to buy it sight unseen! :)

LOOKING FOR A CAVGT OR SUPERFORMANCE GT40 IN THE U.S. (NEW ENGLAND)
USED IS FINE .ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
THANX ,Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back