GT40 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Paul Cass is trying to post details about his car for sale without success. He's a supporter so should be able to. Perhaps he will be add to this thread.

Good luck!

hi mark
before i posted here i tried again to post on my own and still got the opps! message. now that i'm on here how would i post my pics? i've got to go back to work but will be home this evening. could you email me a phone mumber so that i could call you. if you don't mind that would save a lot of time. being an old computer retard i'm not very good with this new technology. slide rule and pencil when i grew up.
thanks for the help,
paul
[email protected]

Ron Earp

Admin
Paul, could you describe what the "opps" message is? I'd like to help you out, but that isn't enough information for me to assist you. A screen shot of the message and what you are trying to do would also be helpful.
Ron

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
E-mail sent. I'll be happy to try to help Paul. It could be something related to image sizing, but we can solve it later, I'm sure.

Cheers,
Mark

hi mark
before i posted here i tried again to post on my own and still got the opps! message. now that i'm on here how would i post my pics? i've got to go back to work but will be home this evening. could you email me a phone mumber so that i could call you. if you don't mind that would save a lot of time. being an old computer retard i'm not very good with this new technology. slide rule and pencil when i grew up.
thanks for the help,
paul
[email protected]

i have a gt 40 replica for sale. this kit started as a lone star ls 40. this is a prototype. the frame is 2x4" square tube. suspension is unequal length uppper and lower control arms with coil over shocks in the front and custom coil over struts in the rear. power is from a 2003 focus z-etec engine with upgrades for 160hp. add a turbo and you would be in the 300's for hp. it has an automatic with overdrive. body is one piece vinyl ester. there are 3 hatches, one in the front for access to the suspension, gas tank, and master brake cylinder. there are two in the back for easy access to the engine, one the rear glass and the other a removeable hatch behind the glass. interior is custom with seats designed to replicate the originals. wheels are custom 17" halibrands with bf goodrich g force rubber. car has ac and heater. color is canary yellow with black stripes. the number 60 was for my age when i built the car although i was 61 when i finished. car is just over 40 inches tall. doors were designed for easy access in parking lots. the car may be in austin next weekend, march 27-30, weather permitting. i can be reached for any questions via email at [email protected] or phone 361 549-9525. asking price is $35,500.
happy easter everyone,
paul
ps thanks for the help mark!

Attachments

• 000_0015.frnthi.jpg
    000_0015.frnthi.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 635
  • 000_0006.drvrside.jpg
    000_0006.drvrside.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 837
  • 000_0004.dash.jpg
    000_0004.dash.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 853
  • 000_0003.seats.jpg
    000_0003.seats.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 725
  • 000_0007.rear.jpg
    000_0007.rear.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 670
i have a gt 40 replica for sale. this kit started as a lone star ls 40. this is a prototype. the frame is 2x4" square tube. suspension is unequal length uppper and lower control arms with coil over shocks in the front and custom coil over struts in the rear. power is from a 2003 focus z-etec engine with upgrades for 160hp. add a turbo and you would be in the 300's for hp. it has an automatic with overdrive. body is one piece vinyl ester. there are 3 hatches, one in the front for access to the suspension, gas tank, and master brake cylinder. there are two in the back for easy access to the engine, one the rear glass and the other a removeable hatch behind the glass. interior is custom with seats designed to replicate the originals. wheels are custom 17" halibrands with bf goodrich g force rubber. car has ac and heater. color is canary yellow with black stripes. the number 60 was for my age when i built the car although i was 61 when i finished. car is just over 40 inches tall. doors were designed for easy access in parking lots. the car may be in austin next weekend, march 27-30, weather permitting. i can be reached for any questions via email at [email protected] or phone 361 549-9525. asking price is $35,500.
happy easter everyone,
paul
ps thanks for the help mark!

Paul,

I started to buy a LS Kit but opted not to because of the one piece body (no access to engine) and the fact that they didn't offer more engine choices ( I didn't want a puny four banger powering my GT40).

How did you like the kit and how does it handle?

John
:thumbsup:

hi john
there were a number of design issues that i had to resolve to get the car to where i felt like it was very functional. one of the simplicities in the construction was that you could take the engine girdle out of a focus and bolt it to the ls frame and with the front suspension installed you have a running chasis. save a lot of time and money. i know that the 4 banger is not for everyone, but this z-etec engine has been around for a number of years and has a large number of upgrades to get just as much or more power as a small block ford, but at only a fraction of the cost. performance and handling seem to be very good. i'm not a hard core racer, but with minor tinkering this would make an excellent auto cross car. weight is a little over 2000 pounds. someone could opt for a larger engine but for now i could only afford one design developement. as for the one piece body, it makes for ease of assembly. the kit came with the front hatch. removing the rear glass did not offer enough room to service the engine so my builder fabricated a removeable hatch behind the rear glass and now you can get to everything in the engine bay. hope this helps to explain some of the details.
take care-happy easter,
paul

Keith

this z-etec engine has been around for a number of years and has a large number of upgrades to get just as much or more power as a small block ford, but at only a fraction of the cost. paul

I'd really like to see that......:stunned:

hi bill
here are pics of the rear window/hatch and engine.
paul

Attachments

• 000_0013.bkglass-hatch.jpg
    000_0013.bkglass-hatch.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 513
  • 000_0004.gtengn.jpg
    000_0004.gtengn.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 591
  • 000_0005.gtengnside.jpg
    000_0005.gtengnside.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 541
hi all
car is currently listed on ebay and weather permitting will be in austin this weekend for out annual texas cobra club event.
thanks,
paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back