Not open for further replies.
New Gt40

JUST COMPLETED-ZERO MILES-ALL NEW COMPONENTS-READY FOR STREET/TRACK USE

*ACTIVE POWER ZSR space-frame chassis GT Reproductions
-Chevrolet Z06 suspension components/brake calipers/rotors
-QA1 coil-over adjustable shocks
-ZR1 rims 17x8.5 front and 17x11 rear
-ZR rated tires 315/35ZR17 rear and 245/40ZR17 front

*Ultra heavy-duty GT40 fiberglass body [at least twice the thickness/strength of others
I have seen in the U.S.]
-original spec stainless door handles/latches, locking fuel caps, headlights, side windows,
headlight covers, body latches
-DOT glass windshields, BOTH front AND rear
-Aero-Catch rear hatch latches
-Interior panels coated with LIZARD SKIN
-Double rear fire wall
-Full belly pan
-All interior/exterior panels are fastened with RIV-NUTS for easy removal

*All NEW 306 ci small block Ford engine built by Doug's Speed Shop in Binghamton,NY.
-Fully prepped 302 block bored .010 over
-Nodular iron crank, scat rods and forged pistons
-Champ-Pans road race oil pan
-Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum heads and intake manifold
-stainless steel rocker arms
-chrome 100 amp alternator
-MSD ready to run distributor
-Meziere electric remote water pump
-Edelbrock 600 cfm carburator
-All Russel/Earl's fittings/lines
-Custom aluminum racing radiator and cooling fans

*Audi 016 5-speed gear box with Quaiffe LSD prepared by Jerry Jansing at All-Pro Cars
-Kennedy engineering adapter plate
-Stage 3 clutch
-Branwood cable shifter
-Rear drive axles from Tha Drive Shaft Shop, Salsbury, NC

*Stainless steel full cross-over exhaust from Stainless Works, Cleveland,OH

*Race-Tech Saker layback seats-both driver and passenger. Seats are fully FIA approved.
-IMPACT by Bill Sipmson 5 point racing harnesses, both driver and passenger.
-MOMO steering wheel
-Wilwood dual mastyer cylinder racing brake pedal and single master cylinder clutch pedal
-hydraulic throttle pedal
-VDO guages
-aircraft quality dash switches/lights

*Show quality paint/body work with well-over 200 hours in body prep/allignment

This cas was assembled with great pride in upstate NY at my small hot-rod shop. we have extensive experience in preparation of both race and show cars.I have worked closely with Chris Arden on the developement of the ZSR chassis and we are thrilled with the results. The buyer will have a fine example of a GT40 replica with a modern suspension geometry.

Price is $64,900.

Car is located in Vestal,NY and is available for inspection any time. Feel free to contact me at 607-621-1330 or [email protected]

Attachments

• Car 1.jpg
    Car 1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,866
  • Car 2.jpg
    Car 2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,400
  • Car 3.jpg
    Car 3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,394
  • Car 5.jpg
    Car 5.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,777
Last edited:
Re: New Gt40

John,
I think you have a beautiful car at a great price. I particularly like your aproach to the rear suspension. You added a few more tricks as well. The panel in the engine bay to mount the filter and other hardware is a different twist that I hadn't thought of. I changed my design from the sloping panel beside the engine to a shelf arrangement. I won't post a pic so as not to take away from your thread. It can be seen on DRB#5 build thread. How do you like the Racetech seats? I have them for my car and should be mounted this week. I really like the way you mounted your pedals. Sort of outside the box thinking. I have the dual pedal Tilton setup, so I am locked in to the tight arrangement that most have run into with the bottom suspension mount. Reversing the clutch pedal to a swing mount gives you some much needed room. One thing the tight arrangement gives is room for a "dead pedal" for resting the wearry clutch leg.
Really like your design and setup. You put a lot of thought into it. Wish you a lot of success.

Bill

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Wow... That is a very nice ___low___ price! That car should be sold soon if not already!

Nice car John!!!!

Hi John

Sweet car mate. I know you have zero miles on the clock but I was wondering how well the Lizard skin works for noise and heat reduction? It looks like an interesting product.

Cheers

Jack

Item relisted on EBAY. Opening bid lowered to $57,500 and BUY IT NOW lowered to $62,500. I would love for this car to go to a forum member, will sell for the $57,500 if you contact me as a forum member. Call for details as there are too many great features to this car to list at one time. John 607-621-1330.

Price now $54,900

Final price has been lowered to $54,900. This is an excellent price. All of you who have built cars know that this price is probably only the sum of the parts, no labor included. This is a quality build with great attention to details and will make a wonderfull street/track day car for the buyer. I have 2 more projects getting under way and need to sell this car to make room. Feel free to call me at 607-621-1330 John

nice looking car..
do you have any more pictures that you could email to me?
I'm interested in seeing some front of the car shots and maybe a few more interior shots.
thanks Craig..
[email protected]

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter

That is a pretty awesome price for a completed car, I can't believe it hasn't sold yet...
I remember not so long ago there was a few guys on the forum looking to spend around $50k for a GT40 and here one is with no buyers yet???
A going car that you can customise yourself over time if you feel the need should be too good to refuse.
My 0.02c

Active Power GT40

Newly completed Active Power GT40 will be on display at Carlisle and available for sale. Specs on car can be seen in previous post as well as photos. Car can also be previewed at GT Reproductions. This is a complete turn-key car and price is $54,900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back