CAV for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,

I am looking at selling my CAV, newly built, if there is any interest at all please PM me for all of the details. Any reasonable offer accepted.

Thanks,

TonyM

Looks almost identical to mine - what is the engine/transaxle dept. and what are you looking to get!

John

:thumbsup:

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Looks almost identical to mine - what is the engine/transaxle dept. and what are you looking to get!

John

:thumbsup:

Hi John,

Have you checked to see if yours is still in your garage..!!!!! :laugh:

As to what I want, to be honest I can't say, I know I have nearly $90k invested at this point and it hasn't even touched the road. So, if I had to answer I'd say ...what I paid, but in reality I know that's not going to happen..so...it really depends on what someone is prepared to offer for a fully built, ready to go CAV and my emotions at that time.

Cheers,

Hiello,

Do you have an early CAV?

I am 6'1 215lbs will I fit?

I have a ZF Transaxle - how difficult to retro?

Thanks

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Hiello,

Do you have an early CAV?

I am 6'1 215lbs will I fit?

I have a ZF Transaxle - how difficult to retro?

Thanks

Hi,

It is a pre-100 car but you should have no problem fitting as I have replaced the CAV seats with SPF seat pads which provide more head and leg room, also the steering wheel has been moved closer to the dash. You can fit a ZF in place of the Audi box, I believe Ian at CAV Canada can supply you with what you would need to do that.

Cheers,

Hi John,

Have you checked to see if yours is still in your garage..!!!!! :laugh:

As to what I want, to be honest I can't say, I know I have nearly $90k invested at this point and it hasn't even touched the road. So, if I had to answer I'd say ...what I paid, but in reality I know that's not going to happen..so...it really depends on what someone is prepared to offer for a fully built, ready to go CAV and my emotions at that time.

Cheers,

Yup, mine is still in the garage although I found one of my front tires is down on what appears to be a slow leak! Have you ever tried to jack up a GT40 - best thing I find is to first put air in the tire (hopefully it will hold the air for awhile) pump it up high enough to get a jack under the frame and then jack her up - its almost impossible to get a jack under the frame when a tire is flat!

John
:thumbsup:.

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,

For those that may be interested the car is still for sale. I may consider partial trade and cash....my son wants a Can-Am Spyder.....

Keith

Yup, mine is still in the garage although I found one of my front tires is down on what appears to be a slow leak! Have you ever tried to jack up a GT40 - best thing I find is to first put air in the tire (hopefully it will hold the air for awhile) pump it up high enough to get a jack under the frame and then jack her up - its almost impossible to get a jack under the frame when a tire is flat!

John
:thumbsup:.

An inflatable balloon jack is indispensible at a time like that! Average 3 tonnes lifting capacity and driven off your exhaust for less than $80...It'll also pack away in your '40's secret little places. :laugh:

Keith

They're manufactured by a company called Draper who also supply budget automotive tools of all descriptions. I'm sure they'd be available in the US as well. Here's a pic but it's not very big...

Hope this helps... :)

Attachments

• car_photo_233088_7.jpg
    car_photo_233088_7.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 437
Tony,

Very nice. It made me want to tear the cover off my car and hit the road. I've heard that Born to be Wild was inspired by a Ford Falcon convertible ride. Imagine if they had ridden in a GT40 instead!

Good luck selling your nice CAV.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Tony,

Cool video, someones going to get a real nice car! Thanks for the plug btw, we do have everything in stock for a ZF conversion if anyones interested.

Also, it's worth mentioning Tony's car already has our fabricated steel front uprights fitted too. A well equipped car, good luck with the sale.

Cheers

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,

After some thought I am setting the price at $62,995.00 firm. I'm loosing close to $30k at that price....

I'm having an insane moment :freak: so you'd better act quickly if your interested before I realize what I'm doing and decide to hold out for a higher price..

dear Tony
thks for posting your ad.

you tube shows a beauty but static car.
is the car absolutely complete (including electrical wiring, A/C, door locks seat belts) or has it yet to be finished?
Did you drive it on the open road ?

What kind of documents you have because the car seems not sporting any number plate? is it road registered?

is the car located in the UK as UKtony suggests ?
tks for answer and best regds
lionel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back