KVA possibly for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing this in to see if it will generate any interest.
I have a 80% built KVA C type chassis and Mk1 bodyshell. 302 engine. I shall post some pics if anyone is remotely interested. The reason I'm maybe selling is due to personal commitments, I cannot realistically see me being able to finish this off. It will not take much for someone with the time to spare.
Cheers
Murray :embarassed:

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Murray,
I am sure there will be interest but will untimately depend on price and car spec. There are not many cars around for sale and I know of several people who would be interested. Post some pics and let people know what the spec is and what price you are looking for.
Cheers
Mike

Hi Murray, thats sad to here your thinking of letting the car go :sad: what sort of things are you unable to finish, could anybody help, Andy

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I'm somewhat interested, but I'm afraid the trip across the pond and the price is going to have more weight than my interest. Some pics would help determine viability.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Murray

Sorry to hear this
I went to see the car and was close to buying it, (About 5 years back!) however I could not get my knees under the dash when using the pedals (6'3" and about 20 stone at the time before a big diet!) or it would have been mine! It diid look fairly well put together / engineered and was even fully painted if memory serves correct and had 17 inch bolt on BRM's and a Marine Ford 302 and 600 Holley From memory the windscreen was cracked but that can be sorted (How's that for a memory test!)

Don't give up on the dream would be my comment and perhaps pay someone to get it on the road without frills and then tidy the rest as and when time permits

IAn

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
...Don't give up on the dream...and perhaps pay someone to get it on the road ...

Murray,

Ian offers excellent advice.

I reached out for help. After assuming a new professional opportunity, I could see that it would take far longer to complete the car than I could imagine. And that just wasn't about to happen.

Find some good help and get your 40 finished or, at the very least, complete to a point where you're willing to take it to the finish. If, after it's done, you still want to sell it - so be it. But you'll never have a day go by wondering if you could've put that car on the road.

By the way, there should be a 40 parked in my garage in the next few weeks. Dreams do come true.

Stick with it.

T.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and encouragement gents. I do not want to sell but all good things do come to an end sometime. It would be nice for someone else to finish her for me but would cost far too much, I don't charge for my labour!!

Ian, your memory is certainly good, the windscreen did, and still does, (but worse) have a crack but another screen came with it so all's well.

The car was to be a track car by the previous owner and had the Gulf colours but not that good a job, well track car OK. I have started with the panelling which had been done but was really thin and as this was to be a road car I wanted a bit more noise insulation. Made sponsons for the fuel filler caps, not fitted any caps or other gubbins for that yet. Got a bespoke, hand fitted roll cage made that can be removed. Quote price on that was £1200, I got it for a lot less.
Ah well maybe!!!
Cheers all,
Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back