1083 for sale (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like 1083!:thumbsup:

I am selling my car. I have spoken with Fran and I am going to try out the SLC. Anyway, thats why the car is for sale. It has been featured in 5 of the final 7 KitCar Magazine issues. It is one of the most well documented car as it was built in front of everyone in the pages of the magazine. Those that know me from the forum know that the car is set up and the numbers are available for everyone to see. Not just the alignment specs but bump steer, Ackerman, weights, etc.. There are to many details to list so if there is an interest, send me a note. I am offering the car at $95,000. Thats almost $30,000 less than I have in it and my labor was free!

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
And not only is it famous in the magazines but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "MK1 Racer" as your forum motif then your new car will be on the forum all the time.

Damn,
No wonder you can't make it to Road America!!! Kidding aside, I hope you are able to make the sale. I can't wait to see what you do with the SLC. I guess the 40 wasn't fast enough for you???? If you can I hope you reconsider RA and come anyway. Many would like to meet you and converse, I am sure. We could find room.. With the pit passes setup the way they are, there should be some room to get you in most every day.

Bill

Scott,
The car is titled in Illinois. I don't run on the streets that much but it is legal.

Johan, I don't think the turkey pan will fit any other engine. It sits on a custom 3 peice manifold for Yates style heads on an 8.7 inch deck ford block.

There is nothing "off the shelf" about this one. I kept very good records and pictures of the build and tuning of the chassis as well as all of the reciepts. If you get passed in this one, its not the cars fault!:thumbsup:

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Best of luck with the sale Dean! Who ever buys the car is getting a very high quality build, fully sorted, and faster than stink!

(If you want some more pictures posted I can sort through the ones I took at R&G. Just give a yell and I'll put 'em up.)

It looks like it is titled as a 1966. How does that effect things? Is that good or bad? Here is a picture of the title.

That's good. For those of us in states that have emission checks, it would be exempt (except for those that live in Kalifornica). If only I could sell my Cobra, unfortunately, the whole car market sux.

Last edited:

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Some pictures of Dean's GT-40.

Dean, have you considered taking your car up to RA and simply putting a "For Sale" sign on it rather than driving it on the track? I got to believe that there will be plenty of folks at the RA event that would be interested in purchasing a ready-to-drive/race GT40.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 623
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 622
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 760
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 685
Good luck on the new project Dean. You can pull along some of the SLC builders as you have helped out 40 builders, (such as this one!).

Dynamic Motor Sports will need a new poster boy!

Best regards,
Howard

Dean,

When you told me in Tulsa you were thinking about selling you GT40 I actually thought you were kidding........guess not. I always seem to have a car to sell when you want to sell yours........love to have it just like the Kirkham FIA I would of loved to have purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back