GTD F/S on Pistonheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not one of the last factory-built cars if it was 1993.
My car was built by the factory in 1996 and even that wasn't a late one.
What else shouldn't we believe?
Tony

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I don't think anybody was rubbishing it. It seemed to be a statement based on knowledge and experience of the GTD product. A bit presumptious on your part Glenn.

Huh? I don't think Frank (or anyone) "rubbished" the car. It looks good. Frank just remarked that it was a lot of money for a standard car with no upgrades. I must agree, I think he could be right.
Simon

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Why are we posting cars for sale on the forum anyhow? If the owner wants to advertise the car for sale on GT40s.com s/he can do so.

Maybe there should be a breakaway UK forum where we can post up adverts for the benefit of other forum users.

This car had NOTHING to do with me, I just though I was doing a service to other forum members who may not have seen the advert on Pistonheads.

Although this forum is used by GT40 enthusiasts, not ALL GT40 enthusiasts use this forum.

Simon

Ron Earp

Admin
Maybe there should be a breakaway UK forum where we can post up adverts for the benefit of other forum users.

Simon, you're certainly free to create a forum for just that purpose. My job is to enforce the rules of this forum. People that do pay good money to advertise their cars for sale here certainly should question why someone else gets their car advertised for free on the forum. Make a web page and have your buddy post it on GT40s.com.

I do get pretty sick of having the piss taken out of me on this forum for trying to help out I thought the bottom line here was GT40s and the appreciation thereof, it seems it's all about $$$$$$$

Simon, I am totally with you on this one, information for the members IS NOT SELLING CARS, only informing them of availability, I have had some high publicity spats with Ron over this subject, Frank

Ron Earp

Admin
Guys, we'll just have to agree that we don't agree on this topic at all. I've only had two forum members tell me they don't agree with the forum's policy to require folks to pay a small sum to advertise their cars for sale - you two.

And Simon, I'm not "taking the piss out of you", just merely informing you, again, of the forum rules on the matter.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,
I guess I sit in the middle on this and IMHO I think we should 'police' ouselves.
In as much as if we bring something to the attention of our gt40s.com members
but don't stand in the way of any money or stand to profit in anyway what so ever, AND if that 'something' would NOT have been otherwise mentioned on OUR OWN website then the self 'policing' would be deemed to be successful. If any of us flout
this then I would expect an arse kicking contest. I saw some gt40 rack and pinions
the other day and I was told if any of them sold I could have a cut. When I saw the guy that made them I told him that this web site is more like a co-operative and a world wide commnity. I'd mention them on our website and if anyone was interested there is his telephone number. There are traders on this website and by and large they are all up front about their products and contribute accordingly. I could cite so many things that this website has helped me with and thats why I stick around.
Incoming ?
I don't give a toss and you all know that anyway.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi David,

If you have a source of parts and someone is looking I definitely think you should list them. That makes sense to me.

The car thing is a bit different. A lot of folks like to list cars for sale on the site and it is one of the incentives for folks to support the forum. The forum has to have revenue to pay the bills, pay the technical support, and so on. In this day in age with not nearly as many advertisers as we used to have it is important.

I know I can't satisfy everyone. In fact, just the other day I had someone tell me they'd send some money to the forum but only if I'd disable the Paddock so they don't have to read political posts. For the most part everyone follows the rules and things work out fine. If the only disagreement on forum operation deals with cars for sale I'm fine with that as I don't intend to change that policy.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I know I can't satisfy everyone. - don't even go there.....

In fact, just the other day I had someone tell me they'd send some money to the forum but only if I'd disable the Paddock so they don't have to read political posts.
- It's the holy grail as far as I'm concerned.

I think you should 'out' him........

Bloody philistine. He doesn't have to go there anyway.
Another glass of limoncello and I think I'll know who it is..............

Keith

Noooo, don't take the Paddock :stunned: It's my only raison d'etre !

Lose the Paddock - Lose Me! :evil:

Uh, er, only kidding Ron, honest... :)

(pretty please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back