RCR917 For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
web.jpg

This is a complete roller. Check out more details on this web page. Asking $40,000.

--Donnie

That's a real bargain for someone. I'm sending the link to everyone I know that may be interested! If I had that spare change it WOULD be mine!

Thanks, guys. I'm not in love with selling it, but it's really just a VERY cool track day car, and these days my priorities are with race cars or street cars, and this doesn't fit either one. It's also a great PCA "show off" car, but I'm not so much into that, either. And since I first ordered it (quite a while back now), I've lost my local shop that I had intended to finish it for me. My guys could do it, but I'd be sacrificing some other project (like my 13 Hour NSX) to get it done, which won't happen, so I'd likely just indefinitely saying "we'll get on that next!"

I can't bear to do that with this car. Someone needs to finish this thing and enjoy it. Seriously. Fran did a hell of a job with the engineering on it. It's gonna be safer and stiffer than the real thing, all the while allowing MUCH taller people to drive one than the real thing would have ever allowed (5'10" was probably the max on a tube-for-tube replica...with this you can make it handle up to about 6'4", I'd guess).

A 300HP 993 based engine and a 930 gearbox won't set you back *that* much and at this weight with those huge tires it would go like stink on ANY road course. More than enough to embarrass all but the most exotic production cars. You're one turbo away from embarrassing all production cars. Two turbos away from insanity. :)

--Donnie

PM responded to!

BTW, it's only 16 hours drive from KCMO to my door. Flights to RDU aren't terribly expensive, either. I assume one can ship a roller like this, but I don't know how to safely do it since I picked it up. I could probably arrange safe delivery for an additional fee if it HAD to be done that way, though.

--Donnie

I would love to buy that but I have too many fun cars already. Additionally when I bought my last car my wife decided if I could afford another car I could buy her a horse. I am afraid to think of what another car might cost me.:)

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
...I assume one can ship a roller like this, but I don't know how to safely do it since I picked it up.

--Donnie

Yes you can ship a roller (I just did it from Denver to San Diego a couple months ago). I think they charge a little extra relative to a driveable car. They winch it onto the truck, and when it's delivered they roll it off. The recipient just needs a way to move it from right behind the semi to wherever it's going to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back