Status
Not open for further replies.
1990 Build
Essex Wire Livery
RHD/RHS
California Reg
Located in Monterey, California
$57000 obo

Please reply to [email protected], please include name and phone number, not interested in trades right now, but thanks anyways.

Attachments

• windows-21.jpg
    windows-21.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,381
  • windows-31.jpg
    windows-31.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2,582
  • P1010665.jpg
    P1010665.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,465
  • new-rear.jpg
    new-rear.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,370
  • P1010685.jpg
    P1010685.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,790
Last edited:
Re: GTD For Sale

Ed, the engine is a Std. bore 302 warmed over w/ @ 350-60 hp, has a very flat torque curve, coupled to a Renault R25 with a 3.89 final drive, 3000 rpm in 5th @ 70 mph. Here are the specs:

FMS B50 Short Block
Std. Bore 302
Balanced Assy. to 1g
AFR 165 Heads
Trick Flow Stage 1 Cam
Weiand Stealth Intake
Holley 1850, 600 carb
Custom carb heatshield
Mallory Unilite
Accel 9mm wires
FMS Windage Tray
FMS Cobra Valve Covers
FMS Cobra Oval Air Cleaner w/ K&N
Custom 180 Crossover Headers
(1.5" Primaries, 2.5" collectors)
Magnaflow 2.5" to 2.5" in/out Muffler
All exhaust ceramic coated in/out

and here are some better pics:

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,870
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,893
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,369

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man

Thats a good price, Chris. Sorry to see yu getting rid :(. Do you have other plans?

Richard, I decided to get something more maintenance intensive as I had too much time on my hands, the sailboat is taking care of that nicely. Chris

Chris, I know this something you don't want to hear but timing is everything in life and last year I would have been all over your car. In the end I got a pretty good deal on my CAV but yours is a beauty. Like others I'm sorry to see you sell it. The fit of the doors and the stance look spot on. As Simon says.....Damn good deal for someone. Good Luck.

Jimmy, thanks for your comments, alot of thought and time went into ride height, corner weighting, spring values and wheel backspacing, etc. to achieve its current look and feel. The car does photograph well and performs even better. Hope you enjoy your CAV as they are very nice cars. Chris

Howard Jones

Supporter

Your gonna drown it that thing. Keep the 40.

This is a nice car and well worth the asking price. I know it well. It currently registered in California and that's worth quite a bit by itself. If somebody in N Calif buys it you can replace Chis at my annual GT40 party.

Attachments

• P1010342.jpg
    P1010342.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,012
  • P1010336.jpg
    P1010336.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,034

Howard, you would really replace me just because I sold my car, I might have to re-think this :) The car is on consignment locally, here's a link with full resolution pics and a youtube video shot with a phone (mind you the car was dead cold) but it gives an audible idea of what she sounds like, so you can imagine her at full song.

Mohr Imports, Inc.

Howard Jones

Supporter

Now Now Chris, You know you are irreplaceable! You can have the new owner follow you down to my house in your mustang.

It was nice to see the subtle updates you have made to the Essex Wire livery. The car is really looking and running good! Isn't it nice to have everything sorted and working right. I wish I had built my engine with the power that yours has. With your power and the 3.89 gears you just run away from my 330 hp 289. Are you still thinking about selling or can we talk you into keeping it a little longer?

Re: GTD GT40 For Sale

Bud,
Thanks for the kind words, I really enjoyed updating the car over the years and am thankful I had guys like you and Howard (and Mr. Faili of course) around to exchange Ideas with and vastly improve upon what was already a great car. The 3.89 gears are indeed a kick, I took the car out the other day to show it and had the opportunity to do one of those "now we're doing 60, now we're doing 110" things accelerating up onto the freeway, the guy next to me was all smiles, and I just love that small block Ford at full song.

I just dont get to do that as much as I'd like and feel its a good time to let a new somebody enjoy the heck out of it for a while. We have had good interest and feel the car is priced well, in fact it was commented upon by a knowledgeable person we all know that the car represents right now in time probably the best value right now in GT40dom.

Again thanks for the comments, hope to see you soon. Chris

Win a GT40!

I thought it would be much more fun to raffle off my GTD than to just sell it. So raffle tickets will go on sale for $56,000 each, of course if more than one wants to play, thats O.K. in fact I will issue as many $56k tickets as necessary to include all that want to take part, now if two people go halfsies at $28k a piece that alright too, but they might have to share the grand prize (if they win, that is) and I refuse to cut the car in half, you'll just have to do that yourselves.

This unlike Ebay will end any chances of a bidding war breaking out, but of course if someone just " has to have it" they can always buy more than one raffle ticket which will only increase their chances, you're choice. But I must make clear I'm excluding anyone with a shipping agent and a shipping destination anywhere in or around Nigeria (sorry thats just the way it has to be).

Operators will be standing by to take your orders, just reply back to this thread and good luck!

Yes that is indeed my car, I have it consigned locally to a shop here in Monterey and perhaps its one of their associates, I dont know. I didn't list it, but I noticed it is locating the car correctly in Monterey and the shop involved actually has a physical address and phone number and are offering to ship the car.

Perhaps someone in the UK could inquire about it and report back on their findings, in the mean time I'll ask my guys if they know about the listing or the listing company. Simon, thanks for the heads up.

Believe it or not the only GT40 at SAAC 35, Howard Jones was there Friday for a while but otherwise no other. Simply astounding, how can you have a Shelby National meet without GT40's! (MK 4's dont count, yes there was one :)

Attachments

• IMG_6691.jpg
    IMG_6691.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 612
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back