Selling my RCR GT40 Mk1 *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am selling my part built RCR GT40 Mk1. I have some personal issues that have cropped up which force me to sell what would have been my pride and joy. :cry::cry::cry:

I have over three hundred hours in the build. I'll get some pictures up very soon.

The bodywork is 90% dialled in and complete with four coats of high build primer completed and sanded between each coat.

The suspension is setup and complete, brakes, calipers etc, full rolling chassis.

I have virtually every component to complete the car (the engine is negotiable as it will arrive in a week or so, brand new and built by Mike Huddart. It is good for around 440 BHP and is a 347).

I have an Audi Tranny which may need to be looked over, as it has never been run by me.

I also have many extras such as a bar shifter made by Mick Sollis of Southern GT. The front clip is on a full hingeing mechanism for easy access. The seats are custom made by Fran in cream leather. I also have two matching leather hides to complete the dash / door cards / roof lining.
I have two dashboards, driveshafts are brand new, as is everything else. PM me for a chat.

I'm going to leave the car on here for a while before it goes on pistonheads etc.

I am absolutely gutted about this, but needs must when the devil dances, and right now he is doing the Rhumba :( . Frankly, I need the dosh.

Get a cheap entry into RCR ownership. £26,000 for the lot (barring the engine). I really want this car to go to someone who will cherish it and finish the job as there's still a ways to go, but TONS of it is already done.

Gutted of Swindon.

Graham.

Re: Selling my RCR GT40 Mk1

Graham; sorry to hear of your personal issue and I hope all turns for the better for you. Good luck with the sale!!!

That's such a shame. I hope your personal issues resolve themselves quickly.
All the best,
Martin

Graham, I'm sorry to read of your sale. Its certainly a great deal for someone looking to become a member of our family. In many ways its like reading an obituary. Sad, truly sad. All the best for the future.

Some piccies of the car in it's current state...

I'll post a list of stuff up shortly too.

Graham.

Attachments

• DSC01441.JPG
    DSC01441.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 881
  • DSC01442.JPG
    DSC01442.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 769
  • DSC01443.JPG
    DSC01443.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 792
  • DSC01445.JPG
    DSC01445.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 838
  • DSC01448.JPG
    DSC01448.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 712

Graham, very sorry to hear of this. Must really hurt badly. However, hang in there, things will work out, and who knows, some time in the not too distant future you may be back with another GT40. Meanwhile, we are thinking of you.

Guys,

a big thanks for all your support. It's very kind of you all. It's not like I'll be destitute ;) , just a temporary blip!

Cheers,

Graham.

P.S now someone buy my car :):):)

Brief list of stuff: -

Audi 016 tranny that may need fettling
IVA compliant fuel tanks fitted
Fuel filler caps
all aircon components (barring compressor)
2x dashboard
All guages
17" Wheels (Halibrand) and tyres
Rod shifter (made by Mick Sollis and a thing of beauty)
Cable shifter (RCR)
front / rear lights
Wiring loom
Bling Goodrich hoses joining fuel tanks
Odyssey battery
Horn
All brake components including Handbrake
Custom cream leather seats
2x hide in matching colour for dash etc
side windows
mirrors
Carpets
Steering wheel (removeable)
Replica Hartwell latches (bloody expensive but nice)
Lockable quick release aerocatches for rear clip
Driveshafts (new) for Audi tranny
Pedals
reservoirs
water expansion tank (2 off)
Facet red top fuel pump and filter
Door handles

Jeez, the list goes on - there's probably more, but I cant think of it right now.

Engine spec (not included in the deal) is a 347 built by Mike Huddart (He's the guy who Mick get to build his engines). I don't have the full spec, but it is around 440 BHP and is built for street use, so not overly cammy. This has cost me £6,300 and is Uber Brand Spanking New.

See my build log for more background

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/30109-grahams-rcr-gt40-build.html

PM me for a phone number if you want a chat.

Cheers,

Graham.

Keith

Crikey Graham! After all that you sold the RCR 40? Care to tell us why mate?

I heard you were awash with folding so what's the REAL reason, unless you have come out of the closet and bought a Harley...:stunned:

In that case, you're right, the RCR just wasn't quite gay enough. but you COULD have always painted it in Gulf colours :drunk:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Graham - Terribly sorry to see you sell your car - but I do hope you fetched a good price for her...
Whatever you do - don't be a stranger here..

Crikey Graham! After all that you sold the RCR 40? Care to tell us why mate?

I heard you were awash with folding so what's the REAL reason, unless you have come out of the closet and bought a Harley...:stunned:

In that case, you're right, the RCR just wasn't quite gay enough. but you COULD have always painted it in Gulf colours :drunk:

Keith pal,

I'm not old enough for a Harley yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back