CAV GT40 For Sale....registered/titled in PA *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have owned this car for a short period of time, and for most of the time it's sat in the garage. We have several other cars and this was just hardly gets driven. My dad kind of bought it on an impulse buy and I'd rather see someone drive it and enjoy it versus having it sit. He would like to buy another car, so I'm helping him sell it.

The car was just over 104,000.00 delivered but we are prepared for the fact it's going to be a sustantial loss. We just have our eye on other things and would like to get some cash back in the "toy" bank. :thumbsup:

I've looked around to try and establish a value for it...I figure 73,000.00 is pretty fair for a car with little-no mileage that is registered and ready to transfer but we are opened to offers if your truly interested. We may entertain partial trades + cash, such as Z06 or Viper.

ForSaleItems018.jpg

ForSaleItems019.jpg

ForSaleItems017.jpg

I'll get more pics soon. We're gonna clean the car up and take more, I just wanted to get the for sale post started.

Last edited:
Re: CAV GT40 For Sale....registered/titled in PA

What chassis # is this car? Also which transaxle was selected? (thanks)

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter

I can't tell from the pic on the transmission, but it is a pre100 car looking at the AC radiator in the engine bay.

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter

I don't think it is a ZF box though (exploded the pic). As a question have you had any issues with fueling given the proximity of the fuel line to the exhaust?

are those gray surroundings from the headlights and blinkers?
was the black "tape" out of sale (or how you say that in English)

looks like a nice car, good luck with the sale.

Listen man, I run a business and I'm a busy individual.

Here's more pics

gt40005.jpg

gt40003.jpg

gt40004.jpg

gt40008.jpg

gt40009.jpg

gt40007.jpg

gt40006.jpg

Looks very nice and clean and tidy Damian.

That's an Audi O16 transaxle if anyone is asking you.

Hard to tell what's the chassis # from the CAV plate - looks like the photo flash washed out the #. Possible to let us know what is CAV chassis #? It's relevant because the later cars (as signified by chassis #) have some meaningful improvements over the earlier cars.

Any idea what displacement the engine is?

Thanks!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Any idea what displacement the engine is?

It appears that it's a 351w variant as it looks to have adapter plates under the intake manifold for the 289/302 intake manifold..

It is a very sharp looking GT40.. :thumbsup:

That's the funny part...the flash didn't wash out the numbers...there are none!

Ron, good eye on the fuel line. The fuel will boil once the heat of those headers gets up. I just finished a heat shield for mine which works like a charm. I couldn't fit a full "turkey pan" but the shield is the next best thing. After testing I could not touch the shield but the back two webers were much cooler to the touch.

I think our local expert (Johann) is going to chime in with more info on this car soon. Decent looking car. I thinks its a 100+ car. Let Johann fill us in.

This is a post 100 car. If you look under the left side inertia safety belt cover, you will find the factory VIN number stamped on the chassis.

This car was issued a "special plate" by the State of Pennsylvania and has a different VIN number than the Auto Futura VIN system. I guess it was done to get the car titled with all the previous titling problems in the state of Pennsylvania.

am very interested in gt 40 you have for sale could you send me a phone no to discuss your gt 40 am in ct . thanks Jim

Who is the actual owner of this car currently? You/your dad/Dr. Alan/Alan Autosports/etc.. etc..?

PM's replied to....AlanAutosports/David Alan owns the car. The car was posted under my account as I run the business.

Phone number I can be reached to discuss the car is 412-646-4361 ext 0

Pm'd all to all requests and emails...not one call back, not one response....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back