Partially Assembled 1966 Ford GT40 Replica Kit - *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My teenaged daughter has inherited a partially assembled 1966 Ford GT 40 replica kit (Sabre), complete with Ford motor (SVO 351 cu in Windsor line bored with 408 cu in Stroker Crank) and 5 speed Porche transaxle. Which we will be offering for sale in the Richmond, VA, USA area. Wish us luck!

Re: New to Forum w/Partially Assembled Kit for Sale

Hi Valerie, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will get some favorable responses.
If you can, post some photos.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

Valerie, IIRC the "Sabre" is one of the few "authorized" GT40 replicas.....it may well have greater value than other "kits" b/c of that. Do a forum search and find out of there's anything on here regarding Sabre kits, you might find a wealth of information.

Hopefully others with more knowledge than me will chime in soon.

Good luck with your sale....

Cheers from Doug!!

Partially Assembled 1966 Ford GT40 Replica Kit

Looking for a project? My daughter has inherited a partially assembled/ rolling chassis 1966 Ford GT 40 replica kit manufactured by Sabre.

Ford engine: SVO 351 cu in Windsor line bored; 408 cu in Stroker Crank; Ford aluminum twisted wedge heads; 3 angle valve job; Webber intake manifold; TWM 40 mm individual throttlebodies fuel injection system; 180 degree ceramic bundle of snakes headers. Missing cam and roller rockers.
Porsche 911 five speed transaxle (G50) turned around w/limited slip differential.
Custom made Wheels 17x9 & 17x13 3 piece light weight wheels
Michelin Tires 245/45-17 and 335-35-17
Installed gulf flares, single nostril and rear snorkels.
Brembo 4 piston calipers and 13" rotors cross drilled and cad plated.
Clutch, Flywheel, Adapter and Starter.
Moto Litta Steering Wheel with adapter and center piece.
Wilwood Pedals and brake balance control.
Complete plexi is coke bottle green.
Missing windshield (have broken windshield to use as template).
Marchal Headlights, Fiat Tail lights, Fog lamps.
Custom aluminum Radiator with electric fans, Mocal oil coolers (2).
Flaming river rack, Sway bars, Hal Shocks.
Gas tanks, Gas caps, all Gauges, chrome Raydot Mirrors, Wire harness. Aeromotive fuel filters, Rear hatch covers/louvers (2 sets).
Seat shells, lap belts and shoulder harnesses.

Buyer responsible for pick up or shipping. Located near Richmond, VA, USA. Asking $33,000.

Attachments

• DSCF1020.jpg
    DSCF1020.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 20,672
  • DSCF1022.jpg
    DSCF1022.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 4,610
  • DSCF1267.jpg
    DSCF1267.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4,032
Re: Partially Assembled 1966 Ford GT40 Replica Kit

Can anyone tell me if parts are still available for this car? or if someone is still making this kit?
Thanks

Ron Earp

Admin

This kit didn't used to belong to Mike Starling did it, from West Virginia? I know Mike had one of these cars and, coincidentally, he had the same Doctorate mentor I had back in the day. I'd be sad to hear something had happened to him.

Thanks,
Ron

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

I have seen that car somewhere before... Not sure if it was here on GT40s or elsewhere.. The wheels and the primer on the body are too familiar....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor

This car was for sale in Californina a few year ago...cant remember the guys name though....will sleep on it and it may come back to me.

No parts still available although many of the regular GT40 specific parts such as fuelfiller, windscreens, door handles etc should be pretty interchangable..

I have seen that car somewhere before... Not sure if it was here on GT40s or elsewhere.. The wheels and the primer on the body are too familiar....

i think, 5 or 6 years ago, this car was solt for exact the same on ebay, from a man in florida, near miami,....i had a crazy night with ebay, i want to get it, had an agreement with the owner,....but i loose,.....after was so angry, i cannot think about gt-40 for the follow year,....

Attachments

• bbf0_3.jpg
    bbf0_3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3,746
  • bd1b_3.jpg
    bd1b_3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3,497
  • c04b_3.jpg
    c04b_3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 4,526
  • c26f_12.jpg
    c26f_12.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 3,525

Yes, Doug. From what I've read, it's my understanding Sabre Automotive was one of two distributors of the KVA-licensed kits in the US. So it should be descended from the mold splashed off an original car by Kenneth Atwell when he worked for Ford of England.

Ron Earp

Admin

Wrong forum folks. This car for sale does not belong in the "Introduce Yourself" subforum.

Just is correct. My ex-husband bought in off ebay in March of 2007 from a guy in Davie, Florida. Bill had a series of health problems and wasn't able to do much to it. He did add the headers for $3,100.

This kit didn't used to belong to Mike Starling did it, from West Virginia? I know Mike had one of these cars and, coincidentally, he had the same Doctorate mentor I had back in the day. I'd be sad to hear something had happened to him.

Thanks,
Ron
I don't think so, Ron. My ex-husband bought it from a guy in Davie, Florida.

I'm new to the forum and can't figure out how to add more photos to the original description. Hopefully, this will work...

Attachments

• DSCF1259.jpg
    DSCF1259.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,440
  • DSCF1023.jpg
    DSCF1023.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,493
  • DSCF1027.jpg
    DSCF1027.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,460
  • DSCF1028.jpg
    DSCF1028.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2,303
  • DSCF1030.jpg
    DSCF1030.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,363

i think, 5 or 6 years ago, this car was solt for exact the same on ebay, from a man in florida, near miami,....i had a crazy night with ebay, i want to get it, had an agreement with the owner,....but i loose,.....after was so angry, i cannot think about gt-40 for the follow year,....

Yes you are right, I spoke to the original owner when this was being sold on ebay. It is from Miami, There is a lot of one of custom made parts as he own a machine shop and made alot of the parts he couldn't get. It still looks as it did when it was sold.

Ian Clark

Supporter

Deadshot, if you buy it and need anything give me a call. Actually same applies to anyone, just happens we're both in Canada... I have complete info on the KVA Type C and all parts in stock from which the Integrity/Sabre was derived. So there is help out there. Cheers

I am interested in gt 40 you have for sale could you send me (PM) a phone no to discuss your car. Thanks Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back