#2244 MKII Holman Moody car pics

I'm working on an ad for this car and while trawling this site, I realized how much you guys love pics. Here's a few that I hope you'll enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,020
  • DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 900
  • DSC_0087.jpg
    DSC_0087.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,024
  • DSC_0091.jpg
    DSC_0091.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 961
  • DSC_0099.jpg
    DSC_0099.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 930
and more....

Attachments

• DSC_0065.jpg
    DSC_0065.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 804
  • DSC_0063.jpg
    DSC_0063.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 860
  • DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 802
  • DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 893
  • DSC_0070.JPG
    DSC_0070.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 803
and the engine...

Attachments

• IMG_5099.JPG
    IMG_5099.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 908
  • IMG_5105.JPG
    IMG_5105.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 827
  • IMG_5115.JPG
    IMG_5115.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_5113.JPG
    IMG_5113.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_5116.JPG
    IMG_5116.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 818

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What is the paint code of the gold on the wheels and the gold on the car?

Nice!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
You are aware that despite the HM plate on the dash, that 2244 is a Superformance chassis?

No less a lovely car though......

Randy,

I can get the paint codes and post them.

You are aware that despite the HM plate on the dash, that 2244 is a Superformance chassis?

No less a lovely car though......

Randy,

I can get the paint codes and post them.

Yes, sorry, should have put SPF in the title. I thought that only SPF chassis have the "P" #'s.

I'll see about getting the paint code, too.

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
I though HM manufactured his own cars and they were $600K (or something like that). Maybe just urban legend...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

You are correct, HM did/does make their own very expensive chassis. I think the HM in this case refers to the paint job copying the 1967 HM Le Mans car.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
he trans is a Quaife ZFQ.

And yes, Lee Holman dioes build cars but not his own tubs. The "Holman-Moody" plate on the dash is there I assume to tie this car into the original HM MK II it replicates.

I did not mean to imply that the seller is representing this as an original or new build HM car, just wanted to sure he was aware of the Superformance origin. many resellers and dealers take the sellers representations as fact and retransmit what may be incorrect info.

Like the local guy with a bogus GT350 "R" model (and a VERY poorly done one at that) that caused the auction company much grief when it sold. They passed on alll the Bullsh!t that he told them. We all laughed but the buyer didn't see the humor when somebody told him his newly aquired "R" model VIN was non-existant and pointed out the Ford VIN that indicated a Dearborn built 289 2 BBL 289 engine. And if you know ANYTHING about Shelbys you know how wrong that is!

Last edited:
It is a Quaife ZFQ that came from Olthoff Racing. The car has the Holman Moody plaque because of Lee Holman's involvement and the engine was built by them.

This is a very cool project that was the brainchild of Mark Ray and undertaken by a friend of mine, who owns the car. I have a description and pics online at http://www.gas-motors.com/GT40.html and to be very honest, I appreciate any feedback. I am not an SPF/GT40/HM expert and you guys are my target audience, so if there's any info that you think may be missing or any pics that you think would help, please feel free to email me, or mention it here.

A couple more pics, in appreciation!

Ken

Attachments

• DSC_0453.jpg
    DSC_0453.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 543
  • DSC_0459.JPG
    DSC_0459.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 526
Is that what we're doing here, a For Sale thread in the guise of showing pictures?

Ron,

I hadn't intended that. I was looking for info and hadn't seen a gold car, like this holman moody, so thought the GT40 ppl here would appreciate the pics. I belong to several forums for exotic cars and the like, as I find the most knowledgeable ppl hanging out in places like this. When the thread went in that "for sale" direction, I wanted to pay for an ad, but subscribed instead, as I thought I may break the rules for advertising.

I just hope subscribers enjoy the pics.

Ken

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron,

I hadn't intended that. I was looking for info and hadn't seen a gold car, like this holman moody, so thought the GT40 ppl here would appreciate the pics. I belong to several forums for exotic cars and the like, as I find the most knowledgeable ppl hanging out in places like this. When the thread went in that "for sale" direction, I wanted to pay for an ad, but subscribed instead, as n

Thanks much for being considerate about the rules of the forum. Since the thread was going into an advertising direction I just moved it to the Cars For Sale area since you had the proper credentials to advertise anyhow. Hope that is no problem.

Ron

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have an inquiry in with the factory for the paint information. I know the original car was done in a Ford production color (as were al the 66-67 LeMans Fords). I need to dig out my 1960s paint sample books and see what was used circa 1966.

Back