Kva gt40 mk 3 - *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
this car has been the subject of a three year no expense spared rebuild by a company called Spirit automotive. (the owner is formaly from Lister Jaguar racing.)
the car was striped and re built replacing all electrics and all pipe work, ,( oil, petrol & water)all alloy paneling
new servo's air con fitted.
the rear suspention is rose joint wishbone not trailing arm.
Ford 302 small block tweeked by the previous owner, mild race cam shotpeened inners and race pistons(so I was told) 4 barel holly carb.
gear box is Renault 5 speed. reg no, is G740 DPD reads GT40 DPD.
regiterd in 1996 as a KVA . 3500 miles in total (less than 1000 since rebuild)
£40,000 ONO
email [email protected] for more pics had problem downloding to site.
regards Snipper

Attachments

• 100_3032.jpg
    100_3032.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 1,970
  • neils camera to27-02-2011 008.jpg
    neils camera to27-02-2011 008.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,668
Re: Kva gt40 mk 3

looking fo offers around £37,500.oo

Attachments

• neils camera to27-02-2011 222.jpg
    neils camera to27-02-2011 222.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 1,766
  • neils camera to27-02-2011 234.jpg
    neils camera to27-02-2011 234.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 1,405
  • neils camera to27-02-2011 235.jpg
    neils camera to27-02-2011 235.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 1,341

Still cannot download the best photos of this car .
please dont compare this KVA with the one snaped up for £22,500.oo that belonged to Andrew K.
I know that car and it need serious money to bring it up to the level of My car.at least £10,000.oo
so Offers of £35,000.oo + are a good buy for my KVA
especaly as the number plate is worth a few bob.

Well lets not get personal!! But I bought that car and it was for more than you stated, and while it does need a bit of cosmetic love, but personally i love the 'patina' she has. My interior is now sorted. also the front suspension is the full uprated suspension not 'cortina' and the rear is also the latestest type with GTD mods, AP brakes also with a healthy 351 Its a very well engineered car that has proven its self by covering the mileage she has (26k).

The KVA was, indeed, well engineered by a previous chairman of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club and was mostly GTD/AP racing stuff under the skin anyway. The car was priced to sell.. and that is what has happened.. Andrew K

Dear andrew.
I am sure your KVA was pricede to sell if I under priced my car it would sell in a day as yours did.
well done
snipper

Keith

I suppose if the front suspension and brakes were uprated, the rust stained tarts bathroom interior changed (might be blood :shocked:) and the other rusty bits cleaned up, it might fetch £25K. I'm not at all sure that MKIII is all that desirable but I've always fancied a MKIII front with a MKI rear clip...

Panelling has been well executed.

I think KVA's are a great starter kit for many as there is so much aftermarket improvement parts available nowadays from Tornado, Southern GT and many other bits from all kinds of people to turn into a decent second generation replica.

Hi Kieth
hope you are not refering to my car, as I stated it was well sorted by Spirit automotive
Snipper

I've always fancied a MKIII front with a MKI rear clip...QUOTE]

That's funny BaB's, I love the look of the MKIII front end and thought the same many times.

No-one ought to be getting involved in another's chosen price to sell, or slagging off someone elses car to justify their own asking price either.

Let this guy ask what he likes. If it sells, it sells. The market sets the price not the seller.

Hi guys, The mk3 front/mk1 rear has been done. Many years ago I remember seeing "Felix" the famous old mki racer FEL1C? with a mk3 front on. I think it was yellow then? I saw it in a book in the 70`s or early 80`s. It looked OK I remember thinking at the time. Kev

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Kev,

I think I have a postcard with it in blue. Never looked too closely at the rear though and just thought it was a Mk3. If I get chance some time I might have a dig around at hoome & look it out.

Max

message to ron earp
please remove this thread
car no longer for sale through GT40S
thanks Snipper

Doing a runner now are we...found some mug to buy your radiater...but can,t find one to buy the car...I,m going to come over there & bend this piece of shit round your head.
Eddie.

eddie
as I said in the previouse posting if you dont want the Rad return it to me un damaged and I will return you money this was some time ago
there are no needs for threats
how and if I sell my car is up to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back