*SPF P2109 for sale* *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to say it-

This is an extremely nice GT40, with several hundred hours spent sorting the chassis. Nothing left to do but drive & enjoy the car! No accidents, never smoked in, garage kept, etc. This car is very quick - weighing in at just 2,395 lb. and producing 538.5 hp at 5,900 rpm it boasts a very impressive power to weight ratio of 5.07 pounds per horsepower. So go ahead, race that guy in the Corvette ZR-1, or that new Lamborghini LP 570, just hold off if a Bugatti Veyron or McLaren F1 wants to tangle. You shouldn’t be street racing anyway... 

This car was driven & signed by Bob Bondurant at his Arizona facility in 2006, the sale will include photos of Mr. Bondurant driving & posing with the car.

As built by Superformance, this car was originally titanium with dual black stripes. The current markings replicate the livery of the #7 Alan Mann Racing GT40 (chassis number XGT-2) as driven by Graham Hill and Brian Muir in LeMans 1966. XGT-2 was replicated by Exoto in a die-cast 1:18 model. The modifications include painted bronze front wheels, a flat-black vinyl “wrap” nose, the correct size number “7” decals, and the rocker panel lettering “Alan Mann Racing, Byfleet, England”. I also have a set of NOS Ford roundel lights (extremely difficult to find) that have not been installed but are included in the sale. The body paint has not been altered in this project. If you wish to return the car to the original titanium with black stripes, you can simply peel off the vinyl markings. See one of the Picasa album links below for the livery conversion photos.
538hp, 533 lb-ft Torque 427ci (Windsor) Roush engine with Holly 4-barrel carburetor
Bundle of snakes exhaust
Left hand drive - center shift
Black Alcantara interior
Removable locking steering wheel
RBT 5-speed transaxle
Upgraded QA-1 Carrera double adjustable dampers with H&R springs on all four corners. Original non-adjustable dampers & springs are included.
Period look Avon CR6ZZ tires
Halibrand 15” wheels
MSD 6AL ignition
Willwood brakes
Air conditioning!
AZ car since new (2006)
Period correct aluminum “eyebrows” on the door openings
Period correct new-production spun-aluminum Talbot Berlin Junior locking mirrors – convex on both right and left side for excellent visibility.
Elf synthetic engine oil used after break in to current, changed annually in August.
Oddysey Battery with interior master switch
All original documents including Safir Engineering authentication letter, dyno test sheets, and Owner’s Manual.
I replaced the stock bulkhead plexiglass with tempered automotive glass. The tempered glass has two significant advantages, temperature reduction & the reduction of sound transmitted to the cabin. It’s really a nice upgrade. 

This is not a “track car” per-se, but was fully track prepped for an event in Pahrump, NV last year. This included a repack of all wheel bearings with Lucas synthetic grease; CV’s inspected & repacked using the best Bel-Ray grease available; four-wheel alignment; every suspension & brake component torqued and marked; chassis inspected for cracks / damage (none found); valves adjusted; heads re-torqued per Roush specs; fuel filters cleaned (it’s common to find metal shavings and other assembly materials in the fuel filters when a vehicle is new); fresh engine coolant; Motul RBF600 brake fluid; transaxle fluid was changed two years ago from original & will be good for many years to come. 

This is a continuation car built under license from the GT40 trademark holder, Safir Engineering. It is listed in the "World Registry of Cobras and GT40's" published by Shelby American Automobile Club 

http://www.cobracountry.com/CCMkt-fotos/WorldRegistry-4thEd.html

Hundreds of detailed photos here -

(Copy & paste to your browser)

Conversion to Graham Hill 1966 LeMans livery (the current markings):
https://picasaweb.google.com/GT40.P2109/ConversionOfGT40P2109ToXGT2Livery

Original paint (and original mirrors):
https://picasaweb.google.com/XJ13.Jaguar/GT4002

At Phoenix International Raceway and Firebird Raceway, ID tags. (original markings):
https://picasaweb.google.com/XJ13.Jaguar/GT40P2109

Firebird Raceway (original markings):
https://picasaweb.google.com/XJ13.Jaguar/GT40

Side-by-side comparison to the modern production Ford GT (original markings):
https://picasaweb.google.com/XJ13.Jaguar/GT40FordGT

Video – with a Ford GT at Spring Mountain Raceway:
Ford GT & SPF GT40 at Spring Mountain on Vimeo

Asking $85,000

Attachments

• DSC_8083.jpg
    DSC_8083.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 5,318
Re: *SPF P2109 for sale*

That's a heck of a car Jeff. And a very attractive price. Wow, somebody is going to be getting quite a deal! Good luck with the sale.

hello: beautiful car! trades/swap? i have an original 1967 gt350 shelby mustang that needs a new home! if you have any interest let me know and i can supply as many photos and information required (marti report and documentation) and i can add $1000 to the mix to help out! ....... kindest regards domenic saia

Thanks for the compliments guys - We decided not to sell it... well not at 85k anyway. New price is a much more comfortable 130k, which is about what it would cost to reproduce this car minus the hundreds or hours making it "right" so you can just hop in and drive it without all the "squeaks, rattles & oh- I need to fix that" stuff.

Thanks for the compliments guys - We decided not to sell it... well not at 85k anyway. New price is a much more comfortable 130k, which is about what it would cost to reproduce this car minus the hundreds or hours making it "right" so you can just hop in and drive it without all the "squeaks, rattles & oh- I need to fix that" stuff.

:shifty: - Interesting sales strategy. We'll start at $85K...to generate interest, then offer the car for sale (this time for real) at 50% more.

Interesting to say the least. It's this sort of nonsense that makes it hard for a genuine buyer to question the ethics of the post originally. If he wanted 130 why not just be honest about the asking price in the first place.

Hopefully during my ownership quest I won't come across too many seller who's ethics mirror this one.

Graham

I have to agree with Graham!

@ Jeff, I have to say that I find it very inappropriate to advertise like this on a forum like this.

Jeff, I have to agree too with the way the sale was presented. A slight increase MIGHT have been understandable but such a significant leap is hard to swallow. It is a very nice car and really looks the part but I would be interested in hearing why the original asking price was quoted and then to come back 24-48 hours later with 45K added is a bit strong IMHO. Good Luck though.

Jeff, did you get my earlier email to you in which I said "I accept" when the car was advertised at $85K?

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter

Jeff, did you get my earlier email to you in which I said "I accept" when the car was advertised at $85K?

Cliff -- With you being an attorney I really hope you're kidding....

Or better yet that we can watch this one unfold....:lurker:

I saw this car at No Reserve auction on eBay Two days ago. The thing is, One day before auction end-at $52,000-The seller ended the auction. ???????????

Well come on guys he did have a double asterisk in the heading. Looking for the footnote, I guess I found it at 130K. Which by the way seems a bit high with today's market. So I would advise potential lookers to shop around.

Anybody with an emoticon that is fitting or should we not do anything to bring this back to the top?

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter

I was actively pursuing this car 5 days ago...we couldn't get together on price..his counter to me was 80k...this new price is a very strange turnaround. He withdrew from eBay due to lack of bidders and the low price that was holding steady at 52k. The car then went up on Phoenix craigslist the next day at 85k...then disappeared again. It is a second owner car, with unverified track time, and what appears to be slight body damage under the front belly pan. There is a sister car...same color scheme but with 8 stack injection, one owner and only 1500 miles on the odometer at Hillbank motorsports at a lower price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back