Roaring Forties 0052 For Sale - *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been quite a while since I've been on the forum, and sad to return for this reason, but it's time for my little project to find a good home. Keeping it simple:

Right-hand drive 1965 replica manufactured by Roaring Forties in Australia in 2002. Arrived in US as kit around May 2002. Knock-off BRM-style wheels, Ford Diamond Blue with Acapulco Metallic Blue stripes. Stainless steel grommeted seats sitting on a 1” lowered floor to accommodate taller driver. (6'4" is too tall!)

Engine is Ford 302 bored and stroked to a 347. SRP pistons with 9.9:1 compression ratio, AFR 185 heads, Eagle ESP H-Beam Rods, Eagle forged crank, custom grind Comp Cams camshaft, Crane Gold roller rockers, custom exhaust. Motec M800 multi-point fuel injection controller. DC&O stack injection intake manifold (valued alone at over $3000).

Transmission is 3U 5-speed from an Audi 5000, cleaned and rebuilt by Moorespeed in Austin, Texas. Quaife ATB limited slip differential.

Car has been resting comfortably in garage but needs someone to love it. Minor blemishes here and there (nicks in the paint and interior firewall not perfect) but that is all part of the personalization process. Speedo and tach not working for some reason.

Original factory build manual with parts lists provided along with a CD of pictures taken during build process. Extra windscreen is also included!

Car is not registered. It has never left my neighborhood. All of 14 miles on it.

I had a guy interested in buying it but he has run into some difficulties/delays. I'm offering it for what I agreed to sell it to him for - $35,000. Traveling a bunch right now, so the best way to contact me would be at: [email protected].

Re: Roaring Forties 0052 For Sale

Maybe this will work...

Attachments

• IMG_2737.JPG
    IMG_2737.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 1,576
  • IMG_2744.JPG
    IMG_2744.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 1,344
  • IMG_2758.JPG
    IMG_2758.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 1,422
  • IMG_2764.JPG
    IMG_2764.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 1,171
  • IMG_2740.JPG
    IMG_2740.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMG_2738.JPG
    IMG_2738.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 1,096
  • IMG_2747.JPG
    IMG_2747.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 1,189
  • IMG_2753.JPG
    IMG_2753.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 1,062
  • IMG_2755.JPG
    IMG_2755.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 1,164
  • IMG_2770.JPG
    IMG_2770.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 898

thats is a friendly price for such car, nice.
good luck selling, i guess it won't take long.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

Feel like taking a Cobra replica as a trade-in, Pat?

Cheers! Doug

No trades! Too many vehicles already - the wife wants things cleared up! Sadly, the market for these things is a bit tight, hence the price. If someone wants to build one, just take mine apart and reassemble. You're still ahead of the game compared to buying a kit!

Hi Pat,
I am currently on family vacation and will be back home by weeks end.

will contact you by PM then when back on my own PC.

Best regards
Ricky.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

No trades! Too many vehicles already - the wife wants things cleared up!

Have her think about it this way, Pat--a trade would not mean more cars, just the same number, and in today's economy it might be easier to sell my Cobra than to sell the 40 :idea: ....I'd make you a good deal and you'd get a very well assembled and sorted Cobra (I think the carpeting and the covering for the bulkhead need replacing, though) and some cash in the meantime. Here's a thread I posted in the "car collection" section:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/auto-collection/35788-duglys-cobra-ongoing-project-sure.html

Give it some thought, check it out with the wife...if you're interested in seeing the car, I'll be in the Clear Lake area on Nov. 8, I can drive it where-ever you want (I don't know what part of Houston you live in, but it won't matter, I drive it from 30 miles SW of Houston on US59 to Huntsville and back every weekend, so I can arrange to meet you in any part of Houston).

Cheers!

Doug

Sold! I was the one trying to purchase it but was delayed. By the time I was ready, it was sold. Someone got a great deal!

Yes, the car is sold. The gentleman should be pleased! Thanks to all who took an interest.

Wish it was me Troy.

While doing the homework and having discussions with Customs they were making very difficult to bring back (at least in one piece) Even though it originated here. All to do with being Custom made and age etc, etc.

Customs even mentioned it is getting difficult for non standard mustangs to be brought in and more than a few whave been returned to the original origin after being refused entry.

Licensing would not be an issue except of course for emissions. It would have ment cam, induction and exhaust mods to get compliant levels. Certainly doable though.

Hope the lucky bugger surfaces soon.

Hope the lucky bugger surfaces soon. I guess I'm The lucky bugger, As this finally made it way to it's new home. The sad part of this is I will be selling the Cobra come spring. Unless I hit the lottery!!! Hope I can get use to the right hand drive. I realy want one of these trailer setups, Add that to My wish list.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 476

Good luck with it, Wally.
Be sure to post some more pics as this is a great example of an RF.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back