GT40 Project Car / Body *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT40 Mark I project (unfinished) for sale, consists of steel scratch built chassis (finished) and many original GT40 parts - also includes GT40 body and other parts included. This was a long term project to build the chassis identical to original GT40s accomplished by scanning #1008, #1032 (also restored it), dimensioning #1054, #1030, and numerous other cars. Modifications were made in the front to obtain more leg room to fit up to 6'6" drivers comfortably. The chassis was featured in Jan 2005 Hot Rod Magazine and was also featured in the book 'Motor City Dream Garages' by Rex Roy. 6 year construction documentation is viewable at:

JDunham GT40 (note: there are 3 pages of thumbnails)

My plan is to sell the Chassis and Body with associated parts for $27,500 (1) and then make the additional parts available either as a package deal or the buyer can pick and choose what parts they need with the project. The parts that are INCLUDED with the chassis and body are listed in foot note (1)

(1) .....All steel construction per original Monocoque (w/ integral 4130 cage for FIA Historic Vintage Competition)
Steering Wheel, column, rack , front lower control arms, rear upper & lower links, rear upright clevis pins included. Pair of coilover shocks and springs.
Complete Mark I Fiberglass Body (nose, doors, rockers, tail, nose insert) & Instrument Panel
Includes Windshield & Side Door Plexiglas windows with pop out cutouts
Includes set of Hartwell latches. Includes radiator and fan assembly.
Includes Headlamps , mounting rings and light covers / rear tail aluminum grills included, rear tailights included. Original accel pedal, clutch, foot rest pedal and master cyls included. Orig GT40 Magnesium rear pivot brkts.....

Other parts NOT INCLUDED but available to purchase with the car:

ZF Transmission SD-2 (RBT prepped/setup) new $7200.00
Reproduction 289/302 Bellhousing (w/ original style mounts) $1250.00
48 IDA Weber Carbs & Manifold (carbs from original GT40) $3200.00 (2)
New per orig. 6 pin Drive Hubs, drive flanges , spindles, fittings $6400.00
Cast rear uprights (GT40 reproduction w/ p/n) unmachined $900.00
Aviad GT40 Oil Pan, pickup, windage tray $450.00
Marchel Driving Lamps (original GT40) - lower nose $450.00
Dual Fuel Fill Caps (per original) $400.00
MSD Distributor - special GT40 low profile to clear backpanel $150.00
Original cast 289/302 alternator bracket $250.00
Wire Harness kit $150.00
Gurney Bubble $50.00
Mark I Oil Cooler setup (NOS cooler and fittings) $400.00

(2) INCLUDES FUEL LINES, MOON PRESSURE GAUGE, UNFINISHED TURKEY PAN BASE AND THROTTLE BRACKET. Intake is a Ford part but not original FAV.

Please don't ask to purchase individual parts until the chassis/body is sold. Photos of the chassis, project, body, and all parts are available on Photobucket:

Jim GT40 project for sale pictures by JimDunham - Photobucket

I have a flyer with additional photos I can email if interested. [email protected]

Jim Dunham

Attachments

• P4232953.jpg
    P4232953.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,994
  • Jim  GT40-1.jpg
    Jim GT40-1.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1,929
  • IMG_2870.JPG
    IMG_2870.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 5,010
Last edited:
Re: GT40 Project Car / Body / Parts For Sale

Sale Pending. Thanks to all that were interested.

Last edited:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man

Are the "not included" parts still available, or are they included in the "sale pending"?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor

Jim emailed me earlier,as he is my buddy to let me know the whole project has a new owner.....congrats to the new owner, an existing RCR crew member.....wink
Congrats to both parties.....

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor

It was never going to last long ....it is a great project for an accomplished fabricator...not a rookie project for sure

Well done Jim, that's a great buy for someone. I would have loved that project, the chassis is a work of art.

The new owner purchased the whole package. Thanks to Fran Hall of RCR who was instrumental in helping with the entire GT40 project from the beginning - without his assistance, guidance, knowledge, and even helping procure parts from all over the world, it would not have been possible.

He is a first class guy and unselfishly pitched in on the whole trip as well as encouraging me along the way - a journey that started in 1997. I am still the greatest GT40 fan - just getting the "need for speed" fulfilled with the Ford GT & GT-R projects.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Sorry you did not get to finish this, but someone is going to have an amazing GT40 to drive- I remember seeing photos of this car in progress years ago and I was very impressed by the quality of your work and your dedication to accuracy. Well done.

Fran, any chance that the new owner will keep us up to date on the completion of this paragon? We'd all like to see it, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back