For Sale: GT40 New Zealand GT40 *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
- TITLED & REGISTERED IN WASHINGTON STATE “2006 KITV Ford GT”
- This is the second GT40NZ car in the US. GT40 NZ was purchased by GT40 North America in 2007.
- Tube steel frame similar to KVA and GTD designs.
- Dual wishbone front suspension, 4 link rear with Granada uprights, front and rear roll bars
- Koni coil over shocks
- Integral roll bar (not cage)
- Aluminum paneling throughout chassis and underbody
- CAD designed suspension / near zero bump steer.
- Stainless steel fasteners throughout

EXTERIOR
- PPG Toner Red w/ Pure White Stripes (Base/Clear)
- Painted “Ford” sill stripes
- Heavy layup on the body, very nice quality
- Twin Nostril Front – fixed in place
- Plexiglass windows with vents and aluminum hardware / double wall glass bulkhead window
- Correct style door hardware w/ locks
- Correct style headlights and front and rear markers
- Bearclaw door latches
- Original style fuel filler caps

COCKPIT:
- Custom leather seats with brass grommets
- Grant leather steering wheel with removable hub
- SafeCraft fire suppression with nozzles in cockpit and engine compartment
- Autometer ‘Cobra’ gauges (200 MPH speedometer)
- Lucas switches / rear view mirror
- 3 speed fan / defroster w/ provisions for AC – Compressor / Condenser / Dryer would need to be sourced and installed
- 4 point Simpson harnesses
- Rear view camera
- Upholstered firewall, full carpet
- Dynamat / insulation throughout interior
- Zepher defroster grill

ELECTRICAL
- Painless 18 circuit wiring harness w/ crimped and soldered terminations. All external wiring is covered with protective wrap
- 100 amp alternator
- Odyssey PC680 battery w/ battery tender

DRIVE TRAIN
- 347 stroker rated @ 455+ HP, 456TQ – Dyno tuned by Craig Whitman / Kirkland WA
- Weber 48IDAs from Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy, CA (Filters and covers included)
- Ford Motorsports Sportsman 5.0 roller block
- SCAT forged crank, H-beam rods, 10:1 Arias pistons, ARP hardware
- Gordon Levy custom cam w/ Comp Cams rockers and roller lifters
- Trickflow heads prepared by Total Engine Airflow (Stage 1 CNC porting)
- Ceramic coated “Bundle of Snakes” headers, Borla stainless steel mufflers
- MSD billet distributor and ignition module
- Milodon road race oil pan / pickup /oil pump
- Aeroquip AQP hoses and fittings throughout
- MOCAL oil cooler and thermostat, remote filter
- Kennedy Engineering adapter, clutch and flywheel
- Audi 016 transaxle rebuilt by German Transaxle / Bend Oregon,
Custom 3.17 R&P w/ Quaife LSD. Perfect ratios for road and track. Well documented on the forum.
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tec...stom-3-17-r-p.html?highlight=german+transaxle

- Porsche 930 CVs w/ custom axles by Taylor Race Engineering
- Two 10 gallon fuel aluminum saddle fuel tanks with electric Pollock switch over valve
- Individual Carter pumps and billet AN filters with dash mounted change over switch
- Large core brass radiator with twin auxiliary SPAL electric fans thermostatically controlled with manual override. Stainless tubing front to rear.

WHEELS/TIRES/BRAKES
- PS Engineering BRM wheels with 15” 205/275 Dunlop rubber. There is room to go bigger.
- Trigo knock-offs and hubs
- Tilton floor mount pedals with tandem master cylinders and clutch slave cylinder
- 11” Brembo ventilated discs, Wilwood 4 piston billet calipers, braided lines, Poly D pads
- Wilwood emergency brake calipers w/ Lokar cables and handle

ISSUES
There is minor road rash on the underside of the nose due to my low driveway which is not visible unless it’s up on a lift. There are a few very small paint chips on the nose.

WHY BUY IT?
This car was built and maintained with performance and no-compromise quality! This is a fully documented build. All receipts and documentation are available. The car is sorted and ready for road or track day use. It has less than 3,000 miles. It is an absolutely eye catching E-ticket ride!

Visit my build site at http://home.comcast.net/~lemanswinner/ or check the forum build log.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
PM me or email me at [email protected]

PRICE:
$72,000 or best offer

gt10.jpg

gt2.jpg

nz40_4.jpg

nz40_5.jpg

engine.jpg

Re: For Sale: GT40 New Zealand GT40- MK 1 Narrow Body Style

Neal! Are you crazy? Sacrilege. You can't sell your GT40, it's much too beautiful to go to someone else....

I can attest to the fine condition and build quality of Neal's car. It is a stunner.

Good luck with the sale Neal.

We are supposed to drive at the track this year! Good luck with the sale. I too have seen this car up close and personal. Neil did a great job building it and it is done well.

Hate to see it go! Maybe someone from here will pick it up.

Hi all, tell me , did the scratch free alloy panelling survive the trip to the states and powertrain installation? Steve Carr . " gt40 nz panel fabricator"

Hi Is car still available? how flexible on price? I live in New York onLong Island so have to figure transpo in to equasion, let me know, thanks, Neville , 631-473-7047 after 5pm eastern till 9
;30 pm or email [email protected]

Very nice! Were those photo's taken in the Lake Wilderness area in Maple Valley?

hi Neal, think the sister car is mine......over the big pond, here in Luxembourg:sunny:

Attachments

• PICT0119 - Kopie.jpg
    PICT0119 - Kopie.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 657

Neal

Lifetime Supporter

New price. $62k or best offer.

That is a heck of a deal. Neal's car is absolutely beautiful and built to the highest standards of detail by a guy with a lot of care and skill. Somebody's going to get a great car at an amazing price.

Neal took the time to write a very detailed and comprehensive listing of features and specifications....exactly what a buyer wants to see. No skinny listing with a "call me and I'll be happy to provide further details" statement.

If only I had an open slot in my garage. What's better than having a GT40 in the garage? Two GT40's in the garage.....

Niel and Cliff, since the car hasn't sold yet, there is still time to take the cars to the track. I have a track day on July 6th at the new track, The Ridge Motorsports Park. If nothing else, come and maybe sell it. I am running the PCA day at the same place the very next day. We will have about 110 drivers there on the 7th. I know most of these guys has some money.

This is an excellent car for what I call a very low price.

Hi Tom, that's a great idea. Looks like a great facility for a fun track day. My CAV is actually now relatively track ready. I'm a PCA member....could I run some modest speeds with the novice group perhaps? No overtaking I imagine, which is fine. Many moons ago I was in the advanced group with PCA and my old '72 911S. I might have been 19 at the time. Really nice PCA instructor by the name of George Tandoo (sp) helped me along the process.

In any case, that sounds like a fun gathering. Incidentally, I'm planning on taking the CAV to the Sovren historics this weekend. I'll try to sneak her onto the grass somewhere. Let me know if you're planning on attending.

Cheers.

Cliff

SOVREN historics were a total bust. Rained most of the day on Sat and not a single GT40 in sight. Often there's two originals there turning laps on the track and duking it out with a Can-Am car or two, or maybe a F5000 car or a Ferrari 512S. Just a bunch of camaros and mustangs in the big bore class. One porsche 904 was the only excitement on the track.

Racing in the wet separates the men from the boys.

Cliff, what are you talking about?! I had the CAV in the Pacific Raceways booth for the whole weekend for a static display. I'm sorry you missed it. They wanted me to park the FR500 there, but I was racing it at Portland, in the rain. That was awesome. I won by 17.5 seconds.

I'll call as I have a bunch of track days. 11 in each of the next three months. That will give me about 55 or so track/race days this year.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter

Hi Peter,

Pending sale. I'll let you know if it goes through shortly.

Neal

Neal

Lifetime Supporter

The car has found a new home in the mid-West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back