**CAV #148 for Sale in London** *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very painful indeed posting this!

CAV #148 for sale in London.

740 Miles. Very good Condition. £65,000.

EXTERIOR: Gun Metal Grey, Two silver stripes, Wide Rear Arch, Twin Nostril with periscopes, High quality paint with matching Vitaloni Mirrors, Sill stripes, Le Mans Grills.

INTERIOR: Full Leather standard CAV leather including dashboard, Full Smiths Gauges, Quick release Steering wheel, LUKE Black Racing Harnesses, Windscreen Mounted Rear View Mirror, Air Conditioning, Adjustable Seats and Pedal Box, Push Button Start.

ENGINE/GEARBOX: Ford V8 347ci 450hp, 48IDF Webber Carbs from Webcon, Set-up and tuned by SD Racing Services and Frank Catt, 'Bundle of Snakes' Exhaust, Audi 6 Speed Gearbox sourced straight from CAV, Oil Catch Tank, Gurney Weslake Covers.

OTHER DETAILS: 17 inch Halibrand Knock-off alloys (with Safety Clip), Dual Side Fuel Tanks with fillers on the bonnet, Lightweight Racing Polycarbonate side windows, Lower front Spot Lights, Air Conditioning (Hot and Cold), Remote Alarm, Immobiliser, GPS Tracker, fully rose-jointed racing suspension set up with Spax Shocks, vacuum assisted brakes.
Never been raced - only 600 or so miles of run-in time. The engine has been fully checked, set up and tuned by SD Racing Services and the car has been meticulously maintained by Frank Catt of Wealden Engineering. Any questions feel free to PM me and I'll send you my phone number. Imspections and viewing welcome. I'll post some photos in the next posting. Thanks for looking.

Re: **CAV #148 for Sale in London**

Some photos attached.

Attachments

• gt40 side.jpg
    gt40 side.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 2,853
  • gt40 engine block.jpg
    gt40 engine block.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 2,220

And some more!

Attachments

• IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,784
  • IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 1,735
  • interior.bmp
    800.7 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,702
Last edited:

And more.....

Attachments

• IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,518
  • IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,489
  • IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,777
  • IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,955
  • IMG_1376.jpg
    IMG_1376.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,440
  • 1012.jpg
    1012.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,353

Keith

Holy Crap! :shocked:

You never got a ticket? :laugh:

Seriously, a fantastic car at a knock down price.

PS, if you put proper Ford tin valve covers on - it'll fetch more.... :)

Thanks Rene.

The reason for sale is just lack of use! I work too much. She's just sitting in my garage on a trickle charger looking miserable and I only manage to take her out maybe once every two weeks depending on the weather. Also, London isn't the best place to enjoy a GT40 - too many corners and too much traffic! Amazing to drive though - Frank Catt has done a great job with the engine and set-up.

I saw Johan’s CAV #131 on the site and asked Jean at CAV to replicate the colour so it’s very similar to that one. Different mirrors but the windows and light covers are the same - tinted slightly and sunk to be flush.

Keith - I did look at Ford covers originally but loved the look of the Gurney Weslake ones!

Anyone know the cost of crating, insuring, and transporting a car like this to the US........and then you likely have overland transport on each side of the pond.......

Wish I had the cash................

Bonjour NH,

je vous est envoyé un mail grâce à CLASSIC CARS UK l'avez vous reçu? je suis interéssé par votre voiture et vous demande si je peux venir la voir à LONDON?

bien cordialement

CONTA

Still open to offers. Latest pic of the car attached. Graphics are from Raceline Digital - very high quality and good service from those guys. Recommended. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20130414_151006.jpg
    20130414_151006.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 1,185

Hi Nick, is the car still for sale? I sent you a PM yesterday as I will be in London on Wednesday. Thanks for getting back to me.

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back