GTD-40 Partially completed for sale *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hurts more than you could imagine guys…………
My GTD-40 is now for sale, a victim of domestic discord.…………About 98%, maybe better, of the parts are present to complete the build. This is a very high end GTD build, undertaken with the engineering support and guidance of some of my dear friends in the UK and locally, including Roy Smart, Frank Catt, Malcolm Macadam, Paul Thompson and Bill Howe just to name a few.
Specifications are as follows:
• GTD Lightweight chassis, very likely the last Ray Christopher chassis to leave the factory.
• Left Hand drive, left hand shift configuration, converted utilizing Roy Smart components
• Left hand shift to R-21 transaxle mechanism designed and manufactured by Roy Smart
• Door handles and fitting packs
• Aluminum door eyebrows
• Gurney bubble for driver’s side
• GTD Aluminum explosafe fuel tanks
• Swan necks and fuel filler caps
• GTD Steering rack lifted to correct bump steer.
• Steering column with steering wheel
• GTD Windscreen, bronze tinted
• GTD body catches, mounting bars and stays
• F.A.V. Chassis plates engraved with GTD Chassis number, GTD40012020037099
• One off aluminum paneling, assembled to the chassis with 3M 5252 and BLIND pop rivets (no water intrusion). Dynamat backed where possible and chassis voids filled with expanding foam to create ridgid quiet structure.
• Aluminum interior.
• Bill Howe seat shells
• Bill Howe deep nostril conversion
• Bill Howe rear brake coolant ducts
• FIA Sanctioning rear rollover struts manufactured by Roy Smart
• Harness bar

Suspension
• Front
o Ray Christopher fabricated big bearing front uprights. No flex, these uprights are monsters
o Southern GT upper front A arms with ball joints(to be installed)
• Rear
o Stock fabricated rear uprights, I intended to mill them out to remove weight
o Upper and lower trailing arms converted to ball joints, the fabricators screwed up the first set but I have D.O.M. tubing and weld-in threaded inserts to make an new set. Also includes additional weld in bungs to convert upper dog bones to ball joints.
• SPAX shocks
• The entire car has been constructed with AN fasteners from Pegasus Autoracing, including bolts, washers and aircraft style locking nuts.
Brakes: Designed and manufactured by Precision Brakes Company
• Front -325mm x 32 mm 2 piece slotted rotors, Willwood BSL6 six piston calipers
• Rear – 310 x 32 mm 2 piece slotted rotors, Willwood Forged Superlite 4 piston calipers
• Precision Brakes mechanical parking brake
• Ford parking brake actualtor
• Adjustable pedal box, left–right-fore-aft, with Tilton # 72-628 forward swing pedal set, triple master cylinder setup, including balance bar and necessary 75 series master cylinders for clutch and brakes
• Includes flex hoses, cables and all necessary pads
• Inline tube stainless brake line kit
Wheels:
• PS Engineering 6 pin drive wheels with knock on spinners
• 17x 8 front
• 17x 10 rear
• Ray Christopher pin drive wheel adapters.
• Tires- Yokahama

Electrics:
• Headlights, taillights, directionals, reverse lights and Hella 90 mm driving lights
• American Autowire, Highway 22 panel wiring kit
• American Autowire 1/0 battery cable kit, 1/0 gauge
• Two SPAL 1300 cfm cooling fans with 185 degree temp sensor
• Correct Smith’s period instruments
• Windshield wiper kit
• Hella Horns
• Powermaster 100 Amp one wire alternator
• Odyssey DryCell Battery, very small but does the trick
• Odyssey battery tray
• Tilton part #54-10007 geared starter with custom adapter, turns this motor like a turbine.
• Holley electric fuel pump
• GTD Factory heater/defroster setup
Transaxle: From Mach I services
• R21T UN1-13
• 3.44 differential
• Converted for either left or right hand shift
• Solid 1st/2nd fork connection
• 1st and 2nd double sprung syncro selector
• Gearbox internals fully checked and overhauled with springs, seals bearings and forks replaced where necessary.
• Drive flanges, axles and CV joints included.
Engine: Built by the Engine Factory, hot run and tested, approximately 380 hp, includes video of engine running on the bench.
• Blueprinted machined 302 Roller Block version
• Nodular Cast Iron Crankshaft
• Shot peened hardened connecting rods
• Federal Mogul 10:1 CR Hyperuetectic pistons
• Heavy Duty double roller Dynagear Timing set
• Comp Cams Hydraulic camshaft # 35-430-8 224 / 224 duration @ .050 .560 / .560 Lift
• Comp Cams 1.6 to 1 Ratio Pro Magnum Roller Rocker Arms
• Edelbrock RPM Aluminum fast burn cylinder heads with stainless 2.02 “ valves and hardened locks, chrome moly retainers and HD valve springs.
• Melling high volume oil pump
• Canton baffled road race pan, 8 quart
• 2 quart Accusump pre-oiler surge protector, to be installed
• Edelbrock performer RPM dual Plane intake
• Edelbrock 650 cfm 4 barrel AVS carb with electric choke
• Ford Racing short nose water pump
• Rebuilt radiator
• Stainless coolant tubes
• Aluminum overflow tank
• Aluminum swirl pot to bleed air from coolant (needs to be welded)
• Small diameter Accel billet distributor, accel 300 series electronic Ignition with Accel coil
• Custom headers
• Magnaflow mufflers
• Custom flywheel
• Steel Adapter plate to transaxle
• AP Racing paddle clutch
• SPA AFFF electrically actuated Fire suppression system, 4.0 Liter, to be installed

Required to complete
• Manufacture seat backs, I intended to use folded tig welded aluminum
• Terminate wiring harness
• Safety harnesses
• Mirrors
• Muffler support bracket
• Remote battery disconnect
• Coolant tubes for the front of the motor
• Side windows and firewall window.
• Plus some other things that I can’t quite remember now.
• Install the fun stuff like the Accusump, the foam fire suppression system, etc.
• Align body panels; adjust gaps, body work and paint. If you are afraid of body work then don’t bother.
A serious effort could have the car drive-able in maybe a week. Includes whatever spares and redundant parts I have, extra CV joints, master cylinders, an extra set of rotors, boxes of rivets, AN hardware, an engine hoist, an engine stand, etc..
I think $35,000 is a fair price. Someone with little patience and know how could have a real butt kicking GT-40 Replica for under 40K. The car is in Eastern Mass, outside of Boston at a friend’s house.
Please contact me through the forum

Attachments

• b Front Brakes.jpg
    b Front Brakes.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 2,982
  • c rear brakes and engine bay.jpg
    c rear brakes and engine bay.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 3,495
  • d Pedal box -battery.jpg
    d Pedal box -battery.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,478
  • f dash.jpg
    f dash.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,325
  • g interior.jpg
    g interior.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 1,438
  • h body open.jpg
    h body open.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 6,621
  • P1010023.jpg
    P1010023.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 1,694
  • P1010095.jpg
    P1010095.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,401
  • P9190048.jpg
    P9190048.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 2,622
Re: GTD-40 Partially completed for sale

Brian, in my opinion you have seriously undervalued your car and everything you have put into it, that is going to be the best deal west of the atlantic anywhere. Great shame to see all of your hopes and dreams evaporate like this, I wish you will be able to see the car finished and experience it first hand one day. One of the highlights of my time with these cars was meeting up with you at Goodwood on your first trip to the UK, and squeezing your ( slightly ) oversize frame into a 40 for your very first experience of a ride on track in one. You may remember the day, we had to divest you of most of your clothes and shoes, then I had to get into what remained of the drivers position, about half of what I needed. The on board video is still the funniest comedy I have, your over the top excitement at the whole thing, whooping and hollering for the whole time we were moving, and especially running in close company with Malcolms 40 as well, is something I still watch and cherish. Keep it up Buddy, and keep in touch with us over here. Frank

Ron Earp

Admin

Hey Brian,

I am sorry to hear about you selling your car. The car has a lot of great bits in it and has had input from some of the best. That is a heck of a deal for someone. I know it'll sell quickly and wish you all the best.

Ron

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Brian - terribly sorry to hear of the issues in your life that force this sale. I have forwarded a link to this on to friends that may be interested. I wish you well.....

I need to make a clarification so that I am not miselading anyone with respect to the amount of work required to finsish the GT. By saying the car could be "driveable" in a week, I meant to indicate the amount of mechanical work required to get it to move under it's own power, not to be ready to put a license plate on. The car is dry and needs to have the fuel system installed, the electrical system terminated, finish installing the cooling system, install flex lines to the calipers and bleed the brakes, etc.
Otherwise, I'd like to thank everyone for the emails, PMs and postings of your well wishes and support. They are much appreciated at a time like this.

Brian.

Hello Brian,
I am in NC and very interested in your car. I would like to speak over the phone. MY number is 336-838-7771
Thanks
Buzz Reynolds
Wilkesboro, NC

Hi Buzz , I sent you a PM. And shall be calling you on Monday

Brian

Hey Brian
Thanks look forward to speaking with.
Buzz

Aug.18/12
Very nice work! Interested in your project. You can call me at 438-930-8518 Montreal,
Quebec.
Best wishes, Jake

Hello Brian. I am very interested in your beautiful car (and very local). I would like to talk to you over the phone if that's possible. My cell phone number is 617-957-0883. I might be working when you call. If so please leave a message and I'll get back to you. Thank you, Jon Metrick, Franklin MA

Hi Brian:

I am very sorry to hear about the circumstances as to why you must sell your GT40. With that said, I am interested in talking with you about your car. Please call me at 410-848-1429 at my shop or my cell at 410-259-6956. Looking forward to talking to you and thank you for your time.

Well, Brian.....I came across your post tonight and I CAN imagine the hurt you must feel in both your relationship and GT40 sale (a top notch project by the way, well done!). Rewind to 30 years ago. Single with my payed for '65 Sunbeam Tiger. Shortly after getting married, I was still in love, I guess, so I agreed to sell the Tiger for furniture $$. Didn't take long for the furniture and the person that requested the "furniture money" to be gone as well as the Tiger. You're not alone in this type of scenario, so try not to beat yourself up, focus on and surround yourself with the important people and things in your life, pace yourself and the more time that passes the more your pain will ease. Just my opinion, YMMV of course, but I've seen results with other people as well. Take care.
Regards,
Curt

Very sorry to hear of this Brian. I am sure you will have people biting your hand off for what has to be the bargain of the century as your build is a testament to your patience and dedication to excellence.

I wish you all the best....

The car has been sold. Thanks for all of the interest, inquiries and wishes of good luck and encouragement as I start my new life.
All the best
Brian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations on the sale and best wishes for the future Brian...

I don't think I'm alone when I say - please don't be a stranger here on GT40s.com ... You're part of the family and always will be..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back