GTD40 for sale in Surrey UK *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reluctantly putting my GTD40 up for sale, my motorsport interests have changed over the years and with an imminent move I will no longer have sufficient space to store the car.

Ford GT40 replica by GTD. This well known car has been built to full race specification with no expense spared. It is in very good condition but has been unused for six years so will require minor recomissioning.

Chassis As per original GTD spec but with modifications to improve handling and to accommodate upgraded components. The engine has been lowered and moved forward to improve balance. It has rear roll cage braces and an MSA roll cage certificate. The car has an MSA Competition Car Logbook.

Bodywork Original GRP painted in Porsche Guards Red with white vinyl central stripes. Gurney bubble on drivers door and deep twin front nostril.

Engine Built and dyno tested by Connaught Racing Engines, Ford 302ci Motorsport 4 bolt main bearing iron block with forged steel crank, Carillo rods and forged pistons. Edelbrock Victor Jr Alloy large valve cylinder heads with Crane Alloy Rockers and Valve Girdle, light weight pushrods, Crane Full Race Cam with solid followers and forged duplex timing gears. Canton Racing fully baffled large capacity sump with windage tray and high capacity, high pressure oil pump. Oil thermostat and oil cooler fitted. Cooling by Pace custom aluminium radiator with Davies Craig electric water pump and electronic controller. Custom heater/screen demister fitted. Custom large bore crossover stainless steel exhaust manifolds, collectors and mufflers fitted which are a work of art themselves. Fuel injection by Jenvey 48mm throttle bodies with high flow Pico injectors through matched and gas flowed aluminium inlet manifold. Fully programmable engine management by DTA with twin coil packs and distributorless crank sensor system. Twin side pod fuel tanks filled with Explosafe, twin low pressure fuel pumps and Bosch high pressure pump, with filter and fuel swirl pot and selectable tank switch. All lines in Aeroquip.

Transmission Lightweight steel flywheel with AP Racing 7.25” twin plate clutch and hydraulic central release bearing. Gearbox by Quaife, 6 speed sequential ultra-heavy duty straight cut gears with limited slip differential. Quaife driveshafts and heavy duty GKN Racing CV joints. Gear selection by Quaife rose jointed selector lever with gear selection display.

Suspension Rose jointed rear suspension arms, Cosworth adjustable blade anti-roll bars with rose jointed drop links, Spax Racing adjustable rose jointed dampers. New rose jointed front wishbones included with spares.

Electrical System Custom wiring loom, original pattern Lucas switches, SW Classic gauges, FIA electronic battery isolator by Armtech, electrical fire suppression system, Astratech data logging system, lightweight Varley Red Top 40 battery, high capacity racing alternator and Tilton geared starter motor.

Braking System front: AP Racing 6 pot lightweight callipers, with AP ventilated discs, rear: AP Racing 4 pot lightweight callipers with ventilated discs, hydraulic handbrake, Tilton master cylinder box with adjustable brake bias.

Wheels and Tyres 17” diameter Image BRM center lock wheels with Avon slicks. 3 Spare sets of 17” BRM wheels, 1 set with new Hoosier slicks and 1 set with Bridgestone road tyres.

Spares: New windscreen, new lightweight rear clip in gel coat, front twin nostril panel, suspension springs, new rear clip Gurney flap, many small parts. 2 soft fitted indoor covers and one waterproof cover, rose jointed front suspension wishbones, original rear suspension arms.

The car can be inspected in Surrey, but is currently SORN, so sorry, no test flights.

I am looking for around £45k for the car and all the spares, but will be delighted to discuss sensible offers.

If you are interested please contact me initially via the forum.

More photos to follow.

Attachments

• Gwood01.jpg
    Gwood01.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 1,167
  • P1010335.jpg
    P1010335.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 982
  • P1010336.jpg
    P1010336.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 980
  • P1010345.jpg
    P1010345.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 1,092
  • DSCa00070.jpg
    DSCa00070.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 1,158
Last edited:
Re: GTD40 for sale in Surrey UK

Looks like a very nice setup, what year was the car completed and first registered?

a few more...

Attachments

• P1010333.jpg
    P1010333.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 554
  • P1010344.jpg
    P1010344.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 573
  • P1010348.jpg
    P1010348.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 558
  • P1010350.jpg
    P1010350.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 585
  • P1010351.jpg
    P1010351.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 594

The engine has zero miles since total rebuild by Connaught Competition Engines.
....and a few more...

Attachments

• P1010339.jpg
    P1010339.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 447
  • P1010346.jpg
    P1010346.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 577
  • P1010347.jpg
    P1010347.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 656
  • P1010349.jpg
    P1010349.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 515
  • P1010337.jpg
    P1010337.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 460

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Mike,

That is a very nice looking car and build.

Robin, since this car meets the Canadian Import requirements (15 years old) it is certainly worth considering.

Good luck with the sale.

Mark

1997 registered, some have an old plate? (forgot how they name it) so say because the engine and some more? is say 1967 the car can be titled 1967 which is in some countries a plus...does this car comes with such title? or just 1997.

nice car btw.

The car is registered as a 1997 GTD. Cars which are registered as say 1967 which are actually say 1997 are in slight danger of being called fraudulent unless the person who registers it can prove that a certain proportion of the cars components are indeed of 1967 vintage.

Nice spec car Mike, I'm sure it won't hang around long. Someone will have a happy face soon enough.

Hi Frank, many thanks for your interest.
The MSA is the UK National Motorsport Official body (Motor Sport Association). The car has a MSA roll cage approval certificate and a MSA Competition Car Logbook, much like the old SCCA book. These do not infer compliance or conformity with any particular series regulations. You can see the rear braces in the 4th photo, but you would certainly need to install a SCCA approved full cage yourself to meet those requirements.

Dear Mike,

I have a workshop in Belgium,

I am very interested in your GT40,

I suppose it has a V5 document,

would you be willing to take a road or racecar as partial payment?

Please contact me anyway to discuss possibilities

by phone : 003293559138

mail : [email protected]

best wishes for the new year,

Johan & Chris Audenaert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back