Sabre GT40 unfinished kit in S Florida USA *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, thanks for taking a look.

I’ve avoided this as long as I can, but I simply must sell my dream car. I’ve resisted time & time again as circumstances arose, but now it’s all simply too much, and I don’t have any time to give it now regardless.

The car is a Sabre, originally ordered on 04/16/00 by a form member here, Luis. He sold the car on eBay on 3/22/07 to a gentleman in VA, and then I bought it 5/4/11 & brought it back down to FL where it came from. The Florida title was transferred to my name, so there will be no issue signing it over to the buyer. It is titled as a 1966 Ford. I also have a lot of the old documents including the eBay listing, wire transfer to pay for it, bill of sale, and a ton of receipts (even the original order slip) in addition to my own.

Aside from the car itself & parts, some of the more interesting things that came along with the car include…

An original print from a May 1966 Road & Track centerfold drawing of a Ford 427 GT – MK II drawn by Buhrer in 1966. 2 separate pages, centerfold style.

An envelope full of multiple fliers, brochures, & some kind of info cards, mostly newer stuff. But it includes an original 3 fold “Winner at LeMans” pamphlet from “Ford Division Ford Motor Company” Vol. 66C32L9

Multiple Gulf & Shelby decals, no idea if vintage but doubt it, color is still good.

A 1/18 scale die cast 427 MK II in Gulf colors

And last but not least, a book, “Ford GT40 SAE Papers” Copyright 1979, Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc.

Now on to some of the car goodies…

Garrett Machine custom fabricated 2 piece billet front timing cover
C&R custom built radiator + race cap & 2x 11” cooling fans
CCW custom made wheels (no really, Luis trailered the car up to CCW in Daytona & they took the measurements right there!)
Brembo brake calipers on all 4 corners w/ nice large rotors
QA1 adjustable coilover suspension
Kennedy Engineered Products (KEP) G50 to 351W adapter kit + 6 pad clutch kit + starter (w/ heat shield)
ERA 180° Bundle of Snakes Headers
Classic Instruments Hot Rod series 8 gauges, reversed 180mph speedo, RPM, temp, fuel, oil, volts, oil temp, & clock
2x Simpson racing harness set
2x Kirkey lightweight aluminum seats
2x Lobak race mufflers
2x GT40 popup gas cap covers
Wilwood brake & clutch pedals
GT40 Plexiglass
TWM 8 Stack Fuel Injection w/ intake manifold, air horns, fuel rails, & linkage
Porsche G50 modified for inverted use + new 3rd syncro
Receipts for over $6,000 of chassis fabrication
Receipts for over $4,000 of engine components & work (before I got more)
EZ Wiring wiring harness
Ford SVO Sportsman 351W E6ZM-6010-A351 block (VERY well reviewed!)
Forged JE Pistons
Forged Eagle Rods
Forged 408 stroker crank
Clevite coated rod & main bearings
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 185 fully CNC ported heads by Total Engine Airflow
Trick Flow Roller Rocker Arms 1.72 ratio 7/16 stud
Trick Flow Stage II Track Max Hydraulic Roller cam
Trick Flow billet timing chain set
Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller kit
ARP Head stud kit
ARP Engine accessory bolts kit
ARP oil pump shaft
ARP Cam bolts
ARP Harmonic Balancer Bolt
ARP Flywheel Bolts

This is by no means a definitive list of everything, just the stuff I easily remembered or had info on in front of me. Come to think of it, I think there’s another oil cooler or two, probably intended for the transmission and/or engine oil. Also, some of the items I’m just going by what’s on the receipts, or what I was told by Luis. For example, the rod & main bearings, I didn’t put them in, that’s what the bill says. I’m sure there’s probably some more stuff in boxes I haven’t seen in over a year. Oh, there are a couple steering wheels & some kind of quick release system as well. I’ve been meaning to get something up here for a while now, so hopefully I got all the important stuff up here. I’ll try to edit in anything I forgot as I come across it with our moving. Oh, motor mounts! I went through probably 4 pairs until I landed on a pair that measured out right, Lakewood Muscle Motor Mounts, heavy duty.

Keep in mind that while the car has never been run, most all of the parts are essentially new old stock at this point, they are of varying condition. Most pieces look the part of something that’s been sitting in a garage for 10 years & are going to require some elbow grease to look sparkly new again. Most of the aluminum is a good example of this, it’s a bit dull & oxidized but should buff right out. The headers & block have some minor surface rust. Then there are other pieces like the Classic Instruments gauges that have never really come out of their box & look off the shelf new. And most all of the Trick Flow, ARP, and that beautiful Garrett Machine billet CNC timing cover are much newer or brand new. I strongly suggest if you are seriously interested that you come and look at everything.

There was a windshield but it was previously broken. I spoke with Fran at RCR & he said since the Sabre is based off an original GT40 his windshield should work fine (thanks Fran!). He also expressed concern about the engine, which I’m very thankful to say I was very happy with after tearing it down to the shortblock to discover all the forged goodies. That along with all the receipts for professional work laid my concerns to rest. It was well oiled & turned over nicely as well.

I will also include some of the other items & tools I picked up for this job including a Torin engine hoist, AllStar engine cradle, 4x car wheel dollies (so nice!), the engine stand came with it, dial indicator w/ magnetic stand, telescoping gauges, about 60 clecos w/ pliers, a very nice 60gal air compressor along with a Flexzilla hose reel, Zilla Whip, Husky air tool set, regulator & filter, & all the other air accessories.

$29,500 and everything is yours.

I’ll try to get some more pictures & post them when I can, but for now hopefully the description & this picture will help give you a good idea of what it is.

Thanks for looking & happy holidays!!

Matt

23f05c89.jpg

Re: Sabre GT40 unfinished kit in S Florida USA for sale

Mark,
Looks like a good start for someone that wants to finish and assemble it. Do you have any pictures of the front and rear suspension? Do you know what hubs/bearings/uprights it uses? What part of florida are you in? Thanks, Scott

It's in a Suburb of Ft Lauderdale (SE FL), a bit west off 595. I'm hoping everyone can ask questions of what they would like to see & ill go take pictures & post them, so I'll get some for you of the suspension. I do not have record of what they exactly are, but I think they were either Ford or Chevy hubs. I'll try to get pictures of any identifying marks on them.

Thanks Greg, I'll reply with my info in just a minute.

Thanks all for looking!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Matt,

Good luck with your sale and I'm sorry to hear that it has come to that..

Thanks GTPVette, yes we are right down the street! Any chance your GTM is red & was at the Naples show a few years back?

That is the seller I bought the car from (in VA), they had bought it from Luis (in FL), the original owner.

I just got back in town tonight & have a xmas party tomorrow, I'm hoping later this week I'll get a moment to go take some more pictures, find some others & get them up.

Thanks all!

Thank you everyone for all your interest & well wishes!

As of now there is a deal in progress & I am awaiting receipt of the deposit. I will update if there are any changes.

Thank you!

Matt :chug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back