SPF GT40 MKI P2164 for sale *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I've made up my mind, the car is for sale.

13k miles
M1 ZF-2
Mcleod twin disk with lighten flywheel
gear reduction starter
Dart aluminum block 427 cu in
bypass thermostat with 55 GPH electric water pump
Polycarbonate see through air cleaners
TWM throttle bodies
Electromotive TEC2 EFI
MSD DIS4 with individual coils
Speedhut gauges
3/4 rear firewall window
Halon fire system
Back up camera
15" wheels with Avons also a set of 17" Halibrands with like new tires
$135,000

Have many pictures of the build
[email protected]

479-787-0098

Attachments

• IMG_4811 small.jpg
    IMG_4811 small.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 2,115
  • IMG_9300 small.jpg
    IMG_9300 small.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,477
  • IMG_9134.JPG
    IMG_9134.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 2,070
  • IMG_9135.JPG
    IMG_9135.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 1,990
  • IMG_9154.JPG
    IMG_9154.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 2,160
  • IMG_9094.JPG
    IMG_9094.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,687
Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Re: SPF GT40 MKI P2164 for sale

Wow Jack, good luck with the sale and whatever comes next. I was looking forward to meeting you at the GT40 event later this year. I have to be honest and say I've considered selling mine. I think of all the other cars I'd like to park in it's place. The funny thing is as I go down the check list of pros and cons of each car, I always end up concluding the SPF GT40 really is the car I desire. Yours is very nice and I'm sure someone will happily take it of your hands. Just make sure you truly are ready to let her go. What's that old saying about not knowing what you have until its gone :)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

Jack

Thats a big decision, I hope it works out for you.

I sure hope this does not mean the end of your smiling face around here:(

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter

Thanks guys, but it isn't sold yet. If you recall in 07-08 I put a year in on getting this car together and right, it was a tough call on the motor, sell it swap it detune it, just looking at the pictures of this beautiful motor reminds me of when I first got the crate opened up, it was like Christmas when I was a kid. I just can't find the strength to take it out and start over. I have many cars so I will not be on my feet, I haven't told Richard yet and its evident he hasn't seen my tread here. I expect a tough lashing.

Rick now thats going a little to far with the pinto. :)

Hi Jack, I see your answer to the question finished with "I guess". I know its a big decision to make. It should not be an "I guess" moment.The SPF will be gone for a long time when it goes.
Its your call though.
Kind regards, Gus.

If this had been for sale a year ago, I would own it instead of building P2304. No regrets with by decision on P2304, but your car is amazing! One of a few that inspired me towards my own.

From my year+ of search for used Superformance Mk1's, this is a great price. My limited observation suggests that waiting for a buyer is the issue more than price. Obviously the market is a bit narrow, but fortunately for us there are not a lot of Mk1's for sale either.

- Jeffrey

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

Guys,

I have seen Jacks car and its a real beauty!

That said, I do hope he changes his mind...

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter

Thanks guys, its easy math, I bought my car before the increase, add in 20k for a motor, 10k for a transaxle, clutch, water pump, efi, gauges, now a separate set of tires and wheels plus a years worth of work. The car is ready to drive no E brake problems no axle bearing problems, I have a extra mount under my transaxle, all these things take time and money so you can have a car you can put 13k miles on. Or like Jim and Richard who are in the 30k range. The car is dependable and that's worth something. I sold 2 Ferrari's to get this car, the BBI512 was the most perfect Ferrari I have ever owned but I wanted a car you could drive anywhere and not worry about some yahoo with a pickup destroying something you can't get parts for. I made my mind to sell the car after discussing this with my wife who will not ride in the GT40 or very seldom because she is afraid of it knowing it makes me nervous. I know many of you have said "just don't step on the gas" well that's like locking an alcoholic in a liquor store it just will not work. I feel at home here and sometimes forget this is broadcasted all over the world, I have acquired a great deal of knowledge and made some life long friends, but who said I was going anywhere, unless you ban me. :)

Jack, Aside from the fact if I had 125K much less 130 we"d be making the deal. I do have a Question though? You speak of the E brake problems and wheel bearings, I'm ignorant on these subjects. Can you enlighten me. Also mount or brace under transaxle? Thanks David

Jack, that's a beautiful GT40. You're going to miss her when shes gone.

Sounds like you might be in the mood for a RR corniche or an old Lincoln/Caddy convertible or something like that. I really enjoy my corniche, very comfortable, easy to get in and out of, room to haul the kids (or grandkids), one button drop top, very nice to work on.

Nothing wrong with switching out the horses in the stable once in a while.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

A GT40 to a Rolls? Might be time to move on down to Del Boca Vista...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back