GTD GT40 for sale *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1984 GT40P Replica for sale. Partially assembled.
Body by KVA (Ken Attwell from Wales)
Frame by GT Developments (Manchester)
Panels are aluminum and riveted to frame.
Floor pan is Stainless Steel and riveted/bonded to frame.
Imported to US ~1984 Right hand drive.
Original ZF1 transaxle (uncrated from Factory box when received) test driven 2 miles in vehicle, have spare parts for it as well.
Ford 289 Small block, 0.030 overbore, reinforced main caps, 1.94” intake valves 2 hours on motor.
Custom exhaust (bundle of snakes, per original exhaust type)
BMW M1 Shifter and linkage
Aluminum Fuel tanks with Fire suppressive filling
Dual Electric fuel pumps
8 American Mags (4 on vehicle) 4 unmounted
All gauges included, C-130 Aircraft latches for holding front and rear clips in place. Aluminum billet door handles. Large amount of aircraft grade hoses and fittings. Custom fuel filler on right side that feeds both fuel tanks.
Tilton master cylinder/pedal assembly, Wilwood front brakes, Corvette rear brakes
4 core radiator with dual electric fans.
Hi power headlights (sourced from UK), Original Ford marker lights for side and rear of vehicle
Solaglass windscreen, Perspex molded side, rear windows and headlight covers.
Full set of gauges, and wiring harness
Original style seats (nylon mesh and grommets on metal frame)
Full 5 point safety harness for driver and passenger
Vehicle has all parts necessary to complete it the way you want. (Originally planned to pattern after John Wyer Gulf car that won LeMans twice. Have Gulf decals if interested.
Body panels need to be fit, and most fiberglass work is needed and a coat of paint to complete.

Vehicle has never been titled. Have original import documents in storage along with other documentation.

Asking $35,000 USD, but will entertain reasonable offers. Vehicle is located in Reno, NV

Attachments

• Pict-1.jpg
    Pict-1.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,330
  • Pict 3.jpg
    Pict 3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,427
  • DSCN3354.jpg
    DSCN3354.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 1,068
  • DSCN3356.jpg
    DSCN3356.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 1,339
  • DSCN3358.jpg
    DSCN3358.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 1,312
  • Pict 4.jpg
    Pict 4.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 1,122
  • Pict 5.jpg
    Pict 5.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 977
  • Pict 13.jpg
    Pict 13.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 988
  • DSCN3363.jpg
    DSCN3363.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 805
  • DSCN3362.jpg
    DSCN3362.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 871

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Re: GTD GT40 for sale

Amazing what lurks right on your doorstep! I have a KVA in Reno too, also a John Wyer inspired ERA Gulf Le Mans wide body.

Good luck with the sale.
Julian

Hi Paul, interested in the GT40, can you shoot me an email at mbonaime @ yahoo.com ? You'll need to remove the spaces in the email address.
Thanks

Hi, I was wondering if I could take a look at the GT40 because I am very interested. Can you call me at (two one four- 537- zero six six three)

Price Reduction - GTD GT40 for sale

Car is still available. I'm reducing the asking price to $30,000 USD.

In digging through the documentations, I've found the original invoice from KVA for the deposit and it's dated December 1984. The vehicle shipped to the US in April 1986 after GTD completed the frame and parts sourcing.

Ron Earp

Admin

Paul, I'd recommend putting a phone number or email out there for people to contact you. Lots of newbies do not understand the PM system.

Paul,

In the unlikely chance that this kit does not sell, and I am very sure it will. Would you be willing to sell the body components?

James

Hi James, thanks for the inquiry, but I'd prefer to keep the whole package together. If something changes, I'll let you know.
Paul

Simon is correct, it's sold and will ship to the Netherlands in the next couple of weeks. I'll be sad to see it go, but know that it's going to a good home, and will be finished out properly. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress, and someday taking a ride in it.

Thanks to the site, and Ron for the resources to post and sell this car.

As I go through some of the packing, if there are items of interest, I'll try to scan and post them here (pictures, sketches, manuals etc).

Paul G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back