CAV GT40 Targa (1of4) For Sale

GT 40 Interior.gif

GT40 Front View.jpg

GT40 Engine.jpg

GT 40 Side View.jpg

Well, after a nice love affair and now three kids in diapers I have to turn loose of my stunning CAV GT40.

This is one of 4 built with the Targa top.

It is licensed in California - drives great - less than 2500 miles, I had the engine pulled, balanced blue printed, roller cam, roller rockers, forged crank and rods - all through Voss Performance in Anaheim California - just a few years ago.

It is a really stunning car and I do hate to part with it. But with three kids under 3 - the Ford F150 Raptor is getting more use than the GT.

This is an early build - but we have the upgraded uprights on both the front and the back.

I am asking $89k for it and will entertain offers close to that range - no low balling.

I will start uploading pics and adding more information.

The car is located in Orange County California (between Los Angeles and San Diego).

I have the paperwork from Voss that details the work.

I also have a 5 point harness I have not yet installed.

The Good Years in one photo have been replaced with the Avons in the other.

Last edited:
Weber 48s and the ZF 5 speed transmission - AC - works well.

I will post more pics once I figure out how.

Last edited:
View attachment 71620

View attachment 71621

View attachment 71622

View attachment 71623

Well, after a nice love affair and now three kids in diapers I have to turn loose of my stunning CAV GT40.

This is one of 4 built with the Targa top.

It is licensed in California - drives great - less than 2500 miles, I had the engine pulled, balanced blue printed, roller cam, roller rockers, forged crank and rods - all through Voss Performance in Anaheim California - just a few years ago.

It is a really stunning car and I do hate to part with it. But with three kids under 3 - the Ford F150 Raptor is getting more use than the GT.

This is an early build - but we have the upgraded uprights on both the front and the back.

I am asking $89k for it and will entertain offers close to that range - no low balling.

I will start uploading pics and adding more information.

The car is located in Orange County California (between Los Angeles and San Diego).

I have the paperwork from Voss that details the work.

I also have a 5 point harness I have not yet installed.

The Good Years in one photo have been replaced with the Avons in the other.
Dear Jesse,

please contact me, i am interested in your CAV Targa and i am new here and had some trouble logging in or becoming a member.

regards
Ikke

Is it allowed to give you my direct email address or how will you contact me ?
hope to hear soon from you
regards
Ikke

Ikke, I sent an email to you via the site. If that does not get to you my contact information is as follows:

JCrowe {at} vmbc dot com - or you can call me at

01 nine four nine 2 seven eight OO one five.

Cheers,

Jesse

Bump - still available. Considering putting it in auction in Monterey. Please reach out if interested as once I list in auction I must commit.

Hi Jesse, looks like a beautiful car.

What is she titled as? Year, make, etc
Are you a private person or Barett Jackson selling the car?

Someone is going to get a fantastic car there.

Hi Cliff - I am selling it personally.

She is titled as a 1966 Ford Special Construction. Very sweet ride.

I am thinking of putting into an auction if I do not find a buyer here soon.

Thanks for reading the post.

Hi Jesse,

Still for sale? What is engine displacement and HP? Is it a SS mono chassis? When was the build completed? Any more details or pictures?

Dave

Dave, sorry for the long wait on reply - again three kids in diapers make it tough. Yes the car is still for sale.

The engine is a 427 balanced and blue printed and with roller rockers. Estimated at 550 HP - it is set rich on the carbs right now for break in.

I had the engine gone through and blue printed at a local speed shop - who upgraded the rods and roller rockers and a special cam grind for the webers.

I can be reached at 9 four 9 two seven eight 00 one five.

thanks,

jesse

Paul thanks - it is really lovely. I have an offer on it now - and will be taking it to a mechanic for an inspection to confirm if we have a deal.

FrontSideView2_zpsfad9f7cb.gif

FrontSideView_zpsec3a599f.gif

GT40Interior_zps030ffa0c.gif

IMG_9032_zps90ba4b64.jpg

IMG_9031_zps6ba4e112.jpg

IMG_7343-Copy_zpsbb2b670b.jpg

Still for sale, got a great inspection just a few minor things I am taking care of. Could not agree on price. More pics below:

Last edited:
Back