For Sale - EG AUTOKRAFT (Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Berlinetta Replica)

For sale - disassembled and unfinished EG Autokraft, a Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Berlinetta replica (known as the ‘Ferrari Daytona’) - registered/ titled in the UK as a 1978 EG Autokraft. Most of the description of the car, pictures and it’s status is covered in the GT40s forum link below -

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-wheels-keels/43221-my-ferrari-365-gtb4.html

I get moved around the World with my job, and as such have not had chance to be back in the UK to complete the car - the car is located in Essex, UK. I’m now based in Detroit, Michigan in the US and have a bunch of other projects that i’ve amassed over the years that are probably a higher priority for me right now. As such I need to sell the EG Autokraft to assist those other builds…..

My initial plan was to put the car for sale on eBay, but as a forum member I thought it would be good to offer the car for sale here first. I'm looking to get $70K - which is significantly lower than I have invested, and the original Ferrari parts alone are probably worth around $30-40K. Original Ferrari Daytona Berlinetta's are fetching upwards of $700,000 today, but this is a great copy that is useable at a fraction of that cost - and it’s very hard to tell it’s anything but an original Ferrari Daytona. Please no low balling, as mentioned - this project owes me considerably more than I’m asking and I’m selling at a reasonable price to move it on fast…..

This is a very unique car, built by industry experts in high quality, exotic materials over 30 years ago, with accurate chassis and some very expensive original Ferrari components. With only 6 ever built, you’ll probably never see another one at any show or track day or one at this level of accuracy. The project is at a point where it could be put back together to create a fast, beautiful, road going classic car or with some minor modification, turned into a unique track day monster! Another good reason for selling now is that the choice for the final execution will be up to the next owner - I couldn't make up my mind which way to go with the car, as is obvious from my posts on the forum!!

If you’re in the UK your welcome to go and look at the car - if you’re in the US then that’s not going to be so easy - but you can chat with the guy that owns the Motorsport Fabrication facility where the car is currently located - he’s a really nice bloke and could give you some insight into the costs of shipping if required. Also, I have the details and contact for a LHD dash conversion which is also pretty simple….

Please feel free to contact me in the US with any questions…...

Kind Regards,

Chris

Chris, sorry to see/hear you're selling this beauty. I know you have your reasons but someone will get a brilliant bit of kit if they make the plunge. I did check my bank account but sadly not much there. Good Luck with the sale.

Thanks Jimmy for the kind words - I hear you can get good money for a kidney if the bank balance is a little shy........

Regards,

Chris

Back