CAV 134 for sale **SOLD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm car builder Randy Grubb (Jay Leno's Tank car etc}and I am selling my CAV. I ordered it in 2007 with all options ,built the best car I could!
Diamond black
6 pot Willwoods on front, 4 pot rears,
Smith gauges with chrome bezel.
A/C and heat.belt off right now.
347 stroker makes 435 HP
Weber IDF's on polished manifold.
CAV Canada rear uprights for better handling
RBT zf with 4.22 ring gear
2 sets of Halibrand style wheels,one with track rubber.
super duty rear stub axles and CV joints
Custom oil cooler and duct work,
5 point race seat belt
With almost 6,000 mi car is very well sorted and is a regular at Shelby club track days at Thunder Hill Race way. Lots of Track days, very fun on track,but nice street car too! 2 sets of wheels are ready of either.
All those track days have resulted in a patina on the paint that says I'm Driven!
This car has been a blast to learn how to drive and is a very nice car!
Car is in southern Oregon, come see for your self!
Priced at 95k
Call me at 541 474-1071 to talk more.
Work on posting pics, I need help.

Re: CAV 134 for sale

Randy e-mailed me some photos and asked me to post them for him. The reason he was probably having trouble is that they were huge files. I downsized them to be forum-friendly, and they are posted below.

Several years ago, Randy was kind enough to allow me the privilege to drive his GT40, on a track no less! As he is considerably taller than I am, the pedals were too far forward for me to reach comfortably, so mine was a gentle drive indeed. Nevertheless I can report that it was electrifying! He has really worked out all of the bugs on this car so I'd consider it a turn-key ready proposition.

Happy shopping!

Attachments

• IMG_2144.jpg
    IMG_2144.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 2,713
  • IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 2,289
  • IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 2,289
  • IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 2,038

Thanks Mike for the help, As Mike pointed out, I am almost 6'2" and I fit with a helmet!!!
CAV have more head room than the other GT40's.
Randy

I will be at Oregon Race Park on Monday 8th for a little track time, Come on out! Just want to say this is a beautiful car that draws crowds at car shows, but is also very track ready and sorted.On track a oil cooler is a must,so I built a custom unit that in on the passenger side. The stock stub axles don't like track use,so I got a killer set that David Briggs had made. I also changed the rear uprights to CAV Canada units that hold the bearing better and improved handling .These improvements make it very track ready, and just make a better car!
Come to the track and see in action!
Randy

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to see you selling it Randy... It is quite a nice car!
I think Jay needs another toy!!!

About the motor, Its a 347 stroker with AFR heads roller rockers and stud girdle. The Armondo GT40 oil pan with oil cooler work great! The IDF weber were added 2 years ago, the Holley double pumper and 4 barrel manafold go with the car.
Randy

Greetings Randy,

Any issue with the forward sweep of the halfshafts? It appears more than others posted, I am curious given the stoutness of the motor....great featured car!

Thanks,

Mark

Randy is the lotus 7 replica in the garage forsale? would love to see some pics?

cheers
Dave

Dave, The Lotus 7 is my dear old dad's he turned 80 this mo. and it's our Auto-x car. It has a 2L ford zetec with webers ,making 200HP. Up here in So. Oregon we Auto-x on a paved Go cart/ auto-x track with curbing and banking. It's .8 miles around the outside and there are several inside lines that allow for lots of different configurations. The record down the front straight is 92mph. I am often top time of the day in the lotus. My gt40 is not as fast on this very tight track.It's the best racing with my DAD !!!And yes he drives!
I'm a lucky guy !!!
Randy P.S. All Aluminum polished body, I made.

Randy, huge admirer of your work, especially the Decoliner and well I guess all the rest too. Wish i was in a place/time to take the GT off your hands; I'm sure the work is top notch. Good luck with the sale!

Dave , I'm good with a hammer, not so good with computers, I had Mike Drew post the pics for the add. Send me your e'mail and I will try.
David, thanks for the kind words,

Julian

Lifetime Supporter

I can't believe this CAV is still for sale, I have seen it and it is finished impeccably and a very capable car. A steal at the previous price, with the new price drop someone should be snapping it up IMO.

Julian

Well sold the CAV and I have Harold Drinkwater building me a Mclaren M8C . Life is good.
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back