Bailey GT 40 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Sale GT 40 MK 1 replica by Bailey Cars South Africa built in 2005 to Race Quality spec.’s Dark Blue exterior

Jefff%2520mitty.jpg

A race winning street gas Bailey GT 40. This was Peter Bailey’s actual car,

x675

which has won races in South Africa and in the USA i.e. the HSR Mitty2014.

Jeff%2520side%2520mitty.jpg

The current owner of this car is so impressed with the drivability of this Bailey machine that he has ordered a new “full race Bailey GT 40”.
Which allows someone to acquire this half street, half race beast at a great price. This car is powered by a Keith Craft 302 pumping 474 BHP HP. at 7,400 RPM (build sheet and dyno graph upon request)
How? By going old school with a solid cam.

x675

This cam gives you the edge accelerating out of corners while still running on pump fuel for those who want to terrorize the street.

x675

The horse power is connected to the street via a Porsche 944 turbo trans with Audi gears new fuel pumps ,
Chassis: Laser cut carbon steel space frame chassis (which has a torsional stiffness of 18500Nm/design)• Laser cut aluminum panels which are then bonded and riveted to the chassis

IMAG0038%2B%282%29.jpg

The rear suspension is an independent double trailing arm with transverse top link and lower wishbone.• Shock absorbing comes from coil over type with H&R springs. Aurora rod ends fitted as standard• 2.4 turns lock to lock steering ratio Fully custom built Bailey uprights made of top quality 7075 Aircraft Aluminum

x675

Race interior, this has Increased cockpit space for driver comfort and safety with a full race roll cage and a passenger seat

x675

Powertrain : Keith Craft 302 475 HP Iron block, aluminum heads, solid lifter cam, quick fuel 4 barrel carb runs on street petrol
Eldelbrock PERF air intake port matched intake manifold.

x675

Gear train: Porsche 944 Turbo limited Slip Transaxle fitted with Audi gears, with new CV joints
Halibrand wheels with 8 inch wide front and 10 inch wide rears New Race Tires.

x675

Brakes: A/P 4 pod racing calipers with new pads.

27062007%28028%29.jpg

Full 5 point harness and full fire suppression system 13-inch, 3 spoke steering wheel• Rake and height adjustable steering column• Sliding floor mounted BEC pedals Sliding passenger foot rest cockpit space for tall drivers up to 6 foot 5 inches tall

x675

90 litre fuel tank capacity• Rubber bladder type fuel tanks• Exhaust mufflers and straight pipes with new megaphones

Crh8R_0NMrBIKwX6myL9xSj_Iwtg4cXSAdOvbWyyd9E=w276-h207-p-no

Oil cooler with braided lines and Aeroquip fitting Aluminum radiator with dual electric fans.

x675

x675

This Car has raced once with the new engine and won the HSR Mitty 2014 Georgia USA

IMG_20140427_153447_014.jpg

It is fully sorted and ready to run and win.

L1120219%2B%282%29.JPG

Bailey Cars North America Stands behind this monster...100%

[email protected]

$86,000.00 USD for this screamer

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
It's easy for Mike to have such an attitude about AC when he lives in Colorado. I invite Mike to move to Charlotte and drive his car in July and August. We'll see how he feels then about AC!!

Whaa whaaa aircon...try no AC in OZ then we will see who are the Men...Me I don't have it or think it's required.

I see this car for sale has a 944 Turbo trans. I am carrying out this mod to my car at the moment, would love to know more about how Bailey did the install. This is a great option in a car with really good ratios available, Also if you get the right trans it works out very cheap.

Dave
Happy to get you more infor on the 944 trans option . I will put you in touch with South Africa and Jovan my go to guy in the states
Please move you question to my GT 40 site under Bailey Cars North America or PM me
I do't think cluttering up the for sale section with Company info makes sense.
Chat soon
All the best
Ron

L1120221.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back