Tornado TSC GT40

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Tornado TSC GT40 for sale. Spaceframe chassis. Registered in 1996. 11,700 miles and MOT until April 2015. Colour is Dark Pearl Blue.
Gulf rear wheel arches. 12" X 17" rear wheels and 8" X 17" front BRM Knock on wheels. Removable door top panels. Airconditioning. AP brakes.
Leather seats and trim. 48 IDF Quad Carbs. 1 3/4 " full cross over exhaust system. £49,995 ono.

Attachments

• Img_2593.jpg
    Img_2593.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 2,869

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Atle

A couple more pictures are attached.

Engine is a blue printed tuned 302 and the gearbox is a 5 speed UN1.

Car is right hand drive and registered in the UK on a period correct plate.

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• Img_2684.jpg
    Img_2684.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 2,789
Hi Andy here are some extra photos

Attachments

• LIBRARY 3.JPG
    LIBRARY 3.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 2,276
  • IMG_2551.JPG
    IMG_2551.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 2,265
  • IMG_2513.JPG
    IMG_2513.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 2,059
  • IMG_2678.JPG
    IMG_2678.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 2,017
  • IMG_2682.JPG
    IMG_2682.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 1,592
2 more photo's, I've struggled to upload these as they were too big!

Regards Ronan

Attachments

• IMG_2598.JPG
    IMG_2598.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 1,904
  • IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 2,128
Great looking car, esp. with the flares on the rear. Does that UN1 transaxle have the guts to stand up to the "tuned 302"?

Notable on the car is the absence of either a transaxle or engine oil cooler, at least in the (more often seen) location just behind the doors on either side under the rear bonnet-to use the lingo of UK! Does the car have either of those coolers?

Thanks,

Mark

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Mark

This car has been on the road for 18 years. No gearbox issues. We use the UN1 in all of our cars.

No oil cooler for engine or box fitted to this car but we do have kits available for both options.

I noticed you are into R/C. What do you have?

Thanks

Andy

Hey Andy,

Actually, quite the eclectic collection. Sailplanes, powered stuff mostly glow, helis, electric combat wings, cars, boats, etc. Send me an email at [email protected] or [email protected] and I'll give you the full scoop without clogging up the '40s page.

Good to hear the UN1 can survive the 5 litre, do you also have an LSD in it? Really satisfying to see you actually USE that gorgeous machine, and in the damp, too!

Regards,

Mark

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Mark

I have a large collection of RC stuff. I will email you direct.

Atle

Yes the car has been on the dyno. Not sure of the final figures.
It is still for sale at the moment.

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

Do you have a limited slip in the UN1 on your car?

Break, break, time for an R/C question: Aren't there good slipe soaring sites in (southern, or anywhere) in England? Just had the neat experience of slope soaring at Torrey Pines in Southern California....had troube keeping the aircraft low enough, such was the strength of the updraft.

I believe you could block off the intakes of any of your turbines, and comfortably fly from that cliff!

Mark

Just had the neat experience of slope soaring at Torrey Pines in Southern California....had troube keeping the aircraft low enough, such was the strength of the updraft.

I believe you could block off the intakes of any of your turbines, and comfortably fly from that cliff!

Mark

Hence the prevalence of various gliders off Torrey Pines - the gliderport!

I actually watched someone chase a hawk around the cliffs there one day. The hawk finally got sick of it, went into a dive, and the RC plane went in after. Needless to say, the hawk had no problem pulling up out of the dive. The plane, not so much.

Ian

Ian,

Such were the conditions when I visited, that it took multiple folks to steady the VERY large models that were about to be launched-what a place! The paragliding is a fun experience...hanging out in front of the pilot with nothing in front of you but air.

Mark

Mark,

When I was an undergrad at UC San Diego, we would walk across the street and sit on the cliffs further south down the coast and have conversations with the pilots as they were able to just sit aloft in the wind quite often. I've even seen a few planes get launched.

As an employee at UCSD, I get over to some buildings right along the coast and get to watch them from various vantage points.

Sorry to thread jack the sale thread, BTW. It is a beautiful car, alas, it is almost impossible to bring it here without dismantling it and shipping it as parts.

Ian

Mark,

Sorry to thread jack the sale thread, BTW. It is a beautiful car, alas, it is almost impossible to bring it here without dismantling it and shipping it as parts.

Ian

No problem at all Ian. Andy's specialty is providing a box of components the can be assembled into a running GT40 replica. He's been doing it since 1989 ;)

Last edited:
Back