RCR40 0046 for sale *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reluctantly selling 7 years of work, RCR 0046.

This is a unique build, please see build thread here:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/24421-j-salmon-rcr-40-build.html

In a nutshell, I built this car to be a great driving GT40 replica with modern performance but 1966 aura.

All aluminum, dry sump, 7L/427 LS7 with custom Kinsler 8-stack using FAST EFI. Baffled race pan, 12 quart oil tank, rear mounted oil cooler. Custom cooling system with remote Meziere pump and inline NASCAR thermostat. Dyno'd at 470 at the wheels (est 525 at crank; results at VIPER engine and chassis dyno shop, onsite at Virginia International Raceway). Starts and drives like a factory car, any weather, any time.

This car was built around the gearbox: Ricardo 6-speed gearbox from 05-06 Ford GT. Tall (perfect) ratios, limited slip, bullet-proof, and utilizing exactly the same shifter as in the modern car, this car shifts as well as any modern manual transmission car anywhere (this is effectively the shifter from the Ford GT). Slick shifts, supple clutch engagement with AP racing clutch.

Billet aluminum a-arms, custom valved adjustable Penske shocks (also dyno'd). Bump steer eliminated, suspension and alignment dialed by VIPER. Front lift system makes driveway entry and exit easy. Test drives encouraged!

17 inch wheels (for modern tire fitment), first gen Viper sizes (335 rear section). New max-performance summer tires installed. 4 piston Wilwood calipers all around, bias adjustable. Front line lock / parking brake.

ISIS wiring harness, configurable, reliable, remote immobilizer (no key needed).

Exterior is Porsche Mexico blue, no metallic or pearl, easy to match/touch up. Darker and more elegant than Gulf Blue. AC/heat. Mirrors that work, yes you can see out the back! All graphics including stripes are removable vinyl.

Original-theme interior using black ultra-suede (alcantara). Custom billet switch plates from Sullivan Racing Products. All weather-pack connectors. Schroth Enduro 6-point harnesses.

Many other little details...

2400 miles, including drives to work, store etc. The car is completely sorted and as usable as any like it (yes, it will still leak in the rain).

Originally spec'd with front roll cage, front section has been removed; dash and rear hoop prepped for easy reinstall if desired to do track work or racing.

$89,500

[email protected]
434-444-1200

Attachments

• IMG_8178.jpg
    IMG_8178.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 2,419
  • IMG_8187.jpg
    IMG_8187.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 1,737
  • IMG_8119.jpg
    IMG_8119.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 1,441
  • IMG_8151.jpg
    IMG_8151.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 2,769
  • IMG_8195.jpg
    IMG_8195.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,733
  • IMG_8158.jpg
    IMG_8158.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 2,257
  • IMG_8157.jpg
    IMG_8157.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 1,717
  • IMG_8130.jpg
    IMG_8130.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 1,547
  • IMG_8117.jpg
    IMG_8117.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 1,200
Last edited:
Re: RCR40 0046 for sale

J.,

Great looking car.

I have heard about the size of the Ricardo unit being an issue, but all seems OK in the pics...any difficulty fitting that box?

Regards,

Mark

J.,

Great looking car.

I have heard about the size of the Ricardo unit being an issue, but all seems OK in the pics...any difficulty fitting that box?

Regards,

Mark

Mark,
It took a great deal of planning and work to get the Ricardo in there, it is a tight fit. But the results were worth it to me. It really is the reason for the engine selection, as it is more compact than the Ford motors. (That and I believe if you want an all-aluminum dry-sump V8, it is hard to beat an LS7). A good shifter is more important to me than the engine manufacturer.

I have not driven every gearbox out there, but with the Ford GT shifter, it is much smoother than the Ricardo with a generic cable shifter (such as the one in my father's SLC) and much smoother than the built G50 in my friend's Ultima. Using both units as designed is the key.

Thanks!

-J.

J.,

All good, nice to get the complete set of anything.

What was the rationale for the Kinsler FI, given the LS7 usually comes with adequate(for you?) FI from the General?

Thanks, great build site.

Mark

J.,

What was the rationale for the Kinsler FI, given the LS7 usually comes with adequate(for you?) FI from the General?
This image would be my guess as to why GM FI isn't there.
Worth the trouble (IMO) - great car ---
attachment.php

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

What's an LS7 Chebie sound like with cross over exhaust?

J.,

All good, nice to get the complete set of anything.

Thanks, great build site.

Mark

This image would be my guess as to why GM FI isn't there.
Worth the trouble (IMO) - great car ---
attachment.php

Yes, it was the 8-stack. I mean you gotta have stacks!!!

Love your car. Love the color! I'm a big Mexico Blue fan. I owned a 2006 supercharged Porsche Carrera S in Mexico Blue. Regret selling it. Good luck with the sale.

How is the car registered, year, make, and model? The state of California makes things difficult when it comes to registration.

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor

Steve,

California is actually one of the very easiest States to register if you use the SB100 for a new build, but If a car is already registered its a different story as you say...:thumbsdown:

Fran,

Unless this car is registered as a pre 1975 it might be impossible to register in California. Agreed, if it was a new build SB100 would work but I don't know that you could apply for that on an existing car. That's why I asked the question. It does look like an awesome car.

Steve

Fantastic looking car - wow. What a stunner.

I'm sure she's pretty quick!

Good luck with the sale. Somebody is going to get a heck of a car for the money.

How is the car registered, year, make, and model? The state of California makes things difficult when it comes to registration.

Thanks,

Steve

Hey Steve, in VA you can register as year it emulates, and this is what I did. So it is registered as a 1965. Generally I think that makes it easier to get things done in most states.
Seems it's always a bit of a pain to get the i's dotted and t's crossed with these things.

SOLD!
Headed to Connecticut where I know it is going to get all of the attention it deserves, including track time!

Big thanks to everyone here for everything over the last 8+ years!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

Just curious...did it sell to a GT40s forum member?

Not asking for any names, just curious.

Cheers!!

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the sale - but don't feel like you need to leave our community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back