DRB GT40 # 49 for sale *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 years is enough...I'm just not going to finish this one.
My first car was a 1972 Cuda...and I'm returning to my roots.
I bought a done car and the memories have come flooding back as I drive it.
I love the GT40...best looking car ever....but apparently some things were not to be.

It's a basic build...5.0 Mustang motor with Kennedy adapter and Audi trans.
I think I'll make up a list of all the features and attach as a file rather than list it all in the thread.

The major items left to do are:
1. Charge the A/C system
2. Install all the plexiglass covers, windows, sway bars, horns, tailights, side mirrors
3. Repair or replace the wiper motor (doesn't work)
4. Install an emergency brake
5. Install the interior (I purchased from DRB)

Then of course the car will have to be sorted as all new builds do.
The engine runs...sounds good...beautiful exhaust by Dan White.
But that's as far as I got...the car has never been off the jackstands, except for pictures.

I'm going to list the car on E-bay for $ 47,500....want to get $ 42,000 out of it.
It's not a fire sale...I understand these cars don't sell quickly.
Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• 000_0028.jpg
    000_0028.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 1,142
  • 000_0020.jpg
    000_0020.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 925
  • 000_0018.jpg
    000_0018.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 1,112
  • 000_0021.jpg
    000_0021.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 822
  • 000_0022.jpg
    000_0022.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 1,024
Re: DRB GT40 # 49 for sale

Beautiful car Mike. Sounds like a great deal a real jump start for anyone thinking of having one of these cars. Good luck Richard

Mike great to see you here, I was wondering about the other day. Glad to see all is well and someone will get a great deal on a solid car.

Get a build thread going Pete.....I can help you out with part numbers and Aussie parts if needed. Let me know if you want to talk all things DRB.

First and foremost, thank you Mike. Very pleased to met you!

Yes, I bought the car. Yesterday I flew to visit Mike and look at the car. The vehicle was sold over phone to 90% - I just needed to lay eyes on it.

If everything goes right, the #49 should be in Texas in latest two weeks.

Dave, I will do a build thread here. I learned a lot here, so I'm obligated to document that build.
There is a small obstacle, the build has to wait until my extensions on my house are done. The time frame is for that around 10 weeks. Somewhere mid or end of October I will throw my self into that project.

Dave - don't you worry I will have some questions...

G-Pete

Congratulations Pete.

Looking forward to seeing the car and watching the final touches to get er done.

Pete,

I'm glad you bought the car. I am eager to see it and what special touches you will put on it. Let all of us in the DFW area know when we can come see it.

-Bob Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back