GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > >

Notices

GT40 Cars For Sale Advertise your GT40, must be a Forum Supporter to post here.

Old 23rd November 2017, 11:40 AM   #1
MHNCO
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States

GT40: SPF 2161
Superformance GT40 MkI

It's with trepidation I have decided to offer P2161 for sale. I have invested hundreds of hours and many thousands of dollars making this car as perfect as it can be. The car's history is well documented on this site and I have included a link to the build thread below. Please contact me directly if interested or wanting to learn more about the car.

Please help me keep this thread specific to the sale of the car. I'm happy to share my thoughts on the sale for anyone who would like to contact me offline.

To potential buyers, I assure that you won't be disappointed. The car is everything you can imagine and more. The attention to detail very high. Not counting the hundreds of hours of my time invested, I'm sure I have well north of $200K in the car. I'm a little scared to add it up. I'm asking $175K and not sure I would move much off that.

Please contact me(Michael Hainey) at (three zero three) - six three eight - eight seven six zero or mike "at" summitx dot com. The car is located in Denver, Colorado US.

Something is missing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MHNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2017, 01:08 PM   #2
Mark IV
I Have No Life
United States

GT40: Superformance
Re: Superformance GT40 MkI

Mike,

Say it ain't so!

Do you have plans for something to replace the GT?
Old 23rd November 2017, 07:09 PM   #3
Walt Williams
A Tenth
United States

GT40: CAV GT40

Wow,

you could knock me over with a feather.. Turkey day was going so well till now.. Best of luck to you mike.
Walt Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:39 PM   #4
MHNCO
United States

Thanks guys we'll see what happens. I thought I would list it here before anywhere else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MHNCO; 23rd November 2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:47 PM   #5
MMurphy
Rookie
United States

GT40: Mk1 SPF #2307

What the heck happened Mike? You spent all that time researching the motor you wanted and only had it on the road a couple times and seemed really happy with the final product!
MMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2017, 12:14 AM   #6
MHNCO
United States

Hi Mike, I am very happy with the way it came out. The car is flawless inside out top to bottom. I have some other things going on that have led me to offer it up. That and if I ever wanted to sell it now is the time since it is in simply perfect condition. Will play it by ear for now.

Old 24th November 2017, 09:54 PM   #7
Mike Drew
10 tenths
United States

GT40: None, yet!

Mike,

I’m sorry to hear you are offering it for sale. Few people seem to enjoy their cars as much as you enjoy yours—and with good reason. It’s a fantastic car.

I hope that you can successfully overcome whatever issues you face, before you find a buyer for the car, so that at the other end of them you can continue to enjoy it as you have done (and allow us, particularly wanna-bees like me, to continue to live vicariously through your YouTube exploits!).
'72 De Tomaso Pantera, '66 Contemporary 427 Cobra, '66 Shelby GT-350 clone, and gearing up for a Superformance Mk 1....
Mike Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 11:52 AM   #8
MHNCO
United States

Thank you Mike. I do enjoy the car immensely and also enjoy reading and viewing other people's experiences with their GT40s. I wish the US community was more active and tight knit but that is unrelated to my thoughts on selling the car. I've had either a Ford GT or GT40 for nearly 10 years now and have thoroughly enjoyed the experiences afford by these cars. They are the center of attention no matter where you go. I truly believe the GT40 is the most beautiful car ever constructed. I have an opportunity presenting itself that is very appealing to me at this time that selling the car would help me achieve. I will remain a huge fan of the GT40 forever whether I own one or not. Thanks

Old 25th November 2017, 01:33 PM   #9
gsharapa
Bronze Supporter
United States

GT40: CAV #169

Awesome GT40 and I really like the white vintage look! These SPF MK1's don't seen to come up for sale very often so I would think this will not be available very long. I also have enjoyed your past videos cruising in Co. Good Luck!
Old 25th November 2017, 02:04 PM   #10
MHNCO
United States

Thanks Gary. I have perceived the same thing about Cobra Country. Why do you think that is? I would think this site would be the predominant place to go for GT40 aficionados.

Old 26th November 2017, 02:50 PM   #11
gsharapa
Bronze Supporter
United States

GT40: CAV #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHNCO View Post
Thanks Gary. I have perceived the same thing about Cobra Country. Why do you think that is? I would think this site would be the predominant place to go for GT40 aficionados.
I'm not sure as many people know about GT40s.com as Cobra Country only because of the huge Cobra following world wide. I think a lot of guys on GT40s.com already have or had a GT40 where a lot of Cobra guys want a GT40. I have sold 6 Cobras and 1 GTD GT40 over the last 17 years and and the GTD GT40 all but 2 Cobras were advertised on Cobra County. The other two I sold on Clubcobra and I actually found my CAV GT40 on Clubcobra sale section so I'd put an ad there also as it is free on Clubcobra. I think I also put an ad on GT40s.com on the GTD GT40 but the guy told me he saw it on Cobra Country.

Last edited by gsharapa; 26th November 2017 at 03:00 PM.
gsharapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 10:25 AM   #12
fsts2k
5 Tenths
United States

GT40: None

Good luck with the sale Mike, I realize how life changes and sometimes these things need to move on...

It is just a beautiful car
fsts2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 03:58 PM   #13
MHNCO
United States

Thanks guys. I've had a little bit of interest so we'll see what happens. Will see about Cobra Country next if things don't work out.

Old 27th November 2017, 09:50 PM   #14
Tom
Cobrajet
3 Tenths
United States

GT40: RCR MK1

Mike,
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the car stays in CO so it has another GT-40 to play with.

BTW, did you sell your larger 295 Avon rears? Mine are < 2/32".
Old 27th November 2017, 11:30 PM   #15
Dave Hood
United States

GT40: SPF 2135

Mike:

All the best with the sale. It's a great car, and will make someone very happy. Hope you'll stay around the forum after you've sold the GT40.

Dave
Dave Hood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car, contact, hundreds, sale, thread