GT40 Wanted

Gents,

Can any of you help me out? I'm looking to buy a part built (but with most parts to complete) or tatty in use GT40 replica. I'm not too fussed about spec. I'm looking to buy as soon as possible and I am looking to pay upto about £13k.

If any of you have something you can offer me, or know someone who has, I'd be grateful if you could drop me a line at my e-mail address: [email protected]

Many thanks and I hope to hear something soon. Cheers.

Paul Martin-Jones

G

Hi,

For a budget of 13K I doubt you will find even a tatty completed GTD car. If you find an incomplete built GTD it will not have all the parts to complete it at that price level either. Sorry to disappoint.

Other UK makes may fulfil your requirements eg KVA, possibly Tornado but I suspect not.

GTD used to make the cars to a good standard with large chunks of work done for you so you paid a bit more for it. An example here is the rear air intakes on the side of the rear clip. On the GTD these were open and all that was needed to paint was basic preparation. My friend who built a Tornado had to open these holes up and bond in other sections of body work himself.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Malcolm

PS consider joining our club and you may find that over time you can pick up the peices you want/need as you go along as your budget eveloves with the car. We have a good spares database being run and contacts for cheaper supplies than was available when I built my car. Is it better to have a car later than never?

Back