July 6th, Goodwood

G

Just a reminder if you are planning any days out, that the competition boys will be in action at Goodwood on July 6th with the Aston Martin Owners Club (AMOC)for the first mainland event of the year.

So far I know of the following entrants;

Malcolm MacAdam
Paul Thompson
Ray Christopher
Roy Wing
Dave Parker

Not sure if Robin or Frank are driving. Perhaps Frank can post something to confirm or deny.

Roy will most likely be there as Paul's Team Manager, but not driving himself.

Also there will be many other very nice cars well worth seeing. If you walk around the circuit, you get to see a lot more of the circuit in one view than if you watch from the pit wall.

Malcolm

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: Malcolm M ]

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: Malcolm M ]

G

Hi Paul,

No entry list for me yet, but this list is from my chats with people.

Malcolm

Hi guys,

I will fly into Goodwood on saturday July 13th for the speed festival and I wonder if some of you would be arround.I really would like to meet you.Pls let me know.

Hi Fred,
A number of us will be at Lydden in Kent on Sat 13th July as we are competing in a sprint there in the morning. On Sunday 14th July we have a club meet at The Star Inn - just off Jn 9 on the M25.

When are you going to Goodwood as I'm sure a few will be going?

regards

Paul Thompson
[email protected]

Paul,
Looks like many of you will be busy on the track that day (lucky bastards...).
As explained I will fly in on a private plane into Goodwood on Saturday for the day only.
If some GT40iers are arround,just give me a call on my mobile that day +32 475 838888.
Rgds
Fred

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am flying over ,to come home for the festival too,I would like to meet up with some fellow gt40 loons,I will be in England from the 4th/18th and would love chance to meet up,
thanks Fran

MWGT40

Supporter
Fred,

I am going to the Festival of Speed and can meet up for a while. You have my mobile number so give me a call on the day.

Regards, Martin

G

I forgot that Roger Burston is also entered for the sprint at Goodwood next Saturday. His car is the one featured on the front and rear covers of our next magazine, which, as I printed it, I know is excellent!
Malcolm

G

A final note before I head into the depths of my garage for the next two days in the vain hope of getting this car back together in time for Saturday!

About 60 Aston Martins are entered, two real Cobra's (a 427 and a 289)plus some other quality motors.

However no single seaters so I can't take Wendy's Lotus if I fail to get my car finished in time.

Hope to see you on Saturday!

Malcolm

G

Well we all made it safely home again after Saturday's sprint. Some pretty fast times posted which leaves me at present with a sore bum! Paul will be postinga video clip of a spectacularly fast lap and the times on the clubs web site at
www.gtd40club.co.uk

Now to Lydden....

Malcolm

Hi Malc & all,
I have posted the results on the club website at AMOC Sprint Results

Plus a video of the FASTEST RUN

As you previously said elsewhere "let the butt kicking commence!" -
grin.gif
grin.gif

See ya at the Lydden Sprint next Sat (13th Jul)

regards

Paul Thompson

Hi Paul!

Congratulations on your 92.88 second lap - which is equivalent to well under 1 minute 30 for a flying lap.

Can you post some of your data you logged on that lap? We'd all be interested in lateral g and corner speeds, for example.

Or is it a "trade secret" ??????

Charles

PS Malcolm - oily rag trouble?

MWGT40

Supporter
Paul,

Another incredible laptime! Looks like you really hooked her up well. Shame that your speedo doesn't work, would have made even more interesting watching!

What was the maximum speed that you got up to on that lap based on your telemetry software? Did you manage to break 160 mph on the back straight?

See you soon, Martin

Hi Martin

Not quite - the logger shows 153.5 down Lavant straight at approx 5850rpm in 5th.

The slick rears are of a smaller diameter to the Pirelli treaded rears and hence the higher rev's. Where I made up most of the time was in the corners.

Charles - I'll try to post some data soon but at present am working on some more pages for the Club Web Site.

Each launch was exactly 4.5s to 60 MPH so not as fast as Longleat but all cars were having trouble hooking up.

regards

Paul Thompson

G

Paul...all cars were having trouble hooking up? Hooking up, slowing down, corners, tyres, fingers, you name it sometime during the day I had trouble with it! Oily rag was fine just that I left it somewhere where I can't find it right now.

Malcolm
rolleyes.gif

Back