July 13th, Lydden, Kent

G

On July 13th the competition boys move to Lydden for a two lap sprint at the one mile circuit not far from Dover in Kent. This circuit is a good one for everyone be you a driver or spectator. It offers 95% visibility to spectators to watch a nearly complete lap and for drivers it has big sweeping bends as well as tight ones with uphill and down hills sections too.

Those going this time are

Malcolm MacAdam
Paul Thompson
Roy Smart
Dave Parker
Andrew Fordyce
Julian Kingston Smith
Martin Hacon
Mo McNicholl
Ray Christopher
Roy Wing

If it is as much fun as Goodwood, we shall have an excellent time.

Malcolm

Malcolm,
From what I see in the new club mag, this field of competitors is going to give everyone a run for the money. You better give a good rub with that oily rage before you put the car on the trailer for Lydden.
Brian

G

Back from Lydden. Oily rag was improved but still Paul and Dave were ahead of me. Full results will make it to the club site soon.

The circuit was a bit tighter than I remembered it from two years ago when I last drove there but still good fun.

Paul's driving was amazing. Dave and I were behind him in the queue for launching and see him come down the Hairy Hill and into the next corner in a full bloodied drift was awe inspiring. Dave and I really enjoyed watching him do that. Hopefully Tim caught it on video. As well as some of the spins occurring!

I am debating on whether or not to concede this years competition to Paul as he seems so far ahead. However next weekend we go to the tighter twistier stuff where his extra power is just slightly less useful to him. If I can't beat him there or at Wiscombe I am sunk! Not forgetting Dave too!

Now where is Kevin Jones' telephone number?

Malcolm

Hi Malc + all,

Lydden results are now uploaded at:
Lydden Sprint Results

We hope to have some video uploaded soon.

regards
[email protected]
grin.gif

Back