GTD40 Club Clothing

Hi all GTD40 Club members.....

I have written an e-mail to Roy Samrt concerning GTD40 club clothing, but thought I would also post a general thought here too, to gauge reaction.

My name is Simon Kelly. I am a member of the GTD40 Club (although I can't remember my membership number!) and I own Tony Gordine's MKII GTD40 (green with a yellow stripe).

Anyway, I own a sales promotions company and was wondering if there would be any interest in getting a range of GTD40 Club clothing together for our members to purchase? I can produce Polo's, Baseball Caps, Fleece tops, Rucksacks, racing suits? etc. - in fact anything that you can think of putting a logo onto, I can sort out. I can do this economically too as this is what we do every day of the year!

I seem to remember reading about clothing in an article in the Club Mag, but haven't seen anything about it for ages.

What do you think - who should I talk to, etc.?

regards
Simon

Simon,

Yes, good idea.
I suggest you talk to the chairman of the club but I am definitely interested.
A tip: Can you make white jackets such as the the team of Shelby had in the 6Oties?

Rgds
fred

Hi Fred

If you have a photograph of the jacket in question - I can speak to my jacket manufacturer and see what he could do. He's pretty good - although there may be a minimum quantity - is anybody else interested?

Let me know.

Regards
Simon

Hi Everybody!

I have created a few items of clothing with a club logo (proposal) embroidered onto them. I have sent a Baseball Cap, a short sleeved shirt, a couple of polo shirts and a fleece to Frank Catt. He will hopefully bring them along to the track day on Monday, so take a look and let me know what you think!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this year as Sarah has organised my holiday at the same time! Sorry guys.

I look forward to your comments.

Kind regards
Simon

Simon, Please inquire about putting some pictures in the club mag so that those of us in the US can see the articles and arrange for purchase.
Thanks
Brian

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm all for that and will buy one of whatever you've got. The club is good and I'd like to support at any opportunity.

Ron

I'll keep you posted!

I would hope that there is some way we could put a Club clothing page onto the UK website. I am also arranging it so that we (insight promotions, my company) will be able to accept credit card payments too.

This should make it easier for our international friends!

Kind regards
Simon

Hi Simon,
The GTD 40 car club has in the past arranged for club clothing through PAUL THOMPSON social secretary and We have a logo with a picture of a GT 40 maybe Paul can let you have the original for copying.

There has in the past been a number of club members who have purchased club clothing with a small percentage of the cost going to club funds, Will this arrangement be still be possible.???
I am sure that what you are proposing will be of great interest to our members and others, and i will look forward to veiwing the samples at GOODWOOD on monday

Regards

David parker
Vice Chairman
GTD 40S CAR CLUB

Simon,
Let me see what you have and how I can order...

In regards to the requested jackets, I suggest you look into the latest book from Alan (with Robin Bat's GTD in fornt).There are some pics in it).

Best regards
fred

Back