Loton Park, 20th/21st July

G

The next competitive event is at Loton Park Hill Climb. This is the longest or second longest mainland hill climb going in a beautiful deer park. There are good viewing areas for spectators and being an Aston Martin Owners Club event there will be plenty of quality cars to boot.

The Ferrari boys failed to show for the Isle of Man bun fight but allegedly are booked in here. I wonder if there will be any bets placed between the clubs as we used to do on the Isle of Man? Normally it is decided between the top three drivers times between the two clubs.

Readers, post your comments here as to your thoughts on which club will win! Our club runs GTD products whilst the Ferrari boys will have anything Ferrari up to and normally including John Goodwins 360 Modena. Personally I feel confident we can beat them. It may also deflect Paul's foot from my butt for a brief respite!

Ford v Ferrari, all in a good days competition!

From our club we have the following entrants (subject to final confirmation)

Malcolm MacAdam
Julian Kingston Smith
Andrew Fordyce
Paul Thompson
Dave Parker
Martin Hacon
Mo McNicholl
Ray Christopher
Roy Wing
Robin Batt

On the saturday it is a charity fund raising day with about 140 cars doing about 800 runs up the hill with paying passengers. Myself, Julian, Martin and Andrew will be doing this as we are going to Sir Michaels the night before. Personally and if I am allowed to, I would be happy to take GTD club members up the hill in my car for free, but that depends on the format, demand and the organisers. And the car has to co-operate too.

The competitive stuff is all on the Sunday, with a quiet spell bewteen 9 and 10 am for the church service over the road!

Come and say hi, it would great to see you.

Malcolm

Hi Malc,

Dave and I will make our way up on Saturday afternoon for the competition on Sunday. At this point in time, we both still work for our sins! - Still, the extra practice should give you plenty of time to learn those lines....

regards

Paul Thompson

ps - I'll bring the 'boot polish' just in case!...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: P Thompson ]

Hi Malc -

I have now received the full entry list and the Ferrari boy's are bringing along some serious kit for the hill climb, including:
Three 355's, a 360M, a 512Testarossa and a 550 Maranello.

Unfortunately Ray and Roy did not get an entry in the Spyder, so the club entry comprises:

Six GTD 40s and Daves GTD R42 -

Ferrari v Ford one more time!

Should be interesting

see ya Sunday

regards
Paul
grin.gif

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: P Thompson ]

G

Well, that was a full weekend!

A BIG thank you to Julian for letting me share his car, as mine decided it preferred a broken down state as opposed to a running state. I am envious of your engine!

I will post details of my woes later on as it does involve parts that have been discussed before on this forum.

What it does mean is that I am unable to go after Paul and Dave for the rest of the season as I am not going to go mad in trying to fix the car up immediately. With their current form, in honesty I doubt I would have kicked their butts much but we shall have to wait for next year now! I shall try again!

Wendy and I will be using the Lotus 51c for the rest of this season, with Wendy hopefully doing a few extra events instead of me, or as a shared drive.

The results from Sunday will be coming soon. It was close stuff all the time.

Again, thanks Jules, hope you got your trailer back in time.

Malcolm

Hi all,
an entertaining weekend was had at Loton Park and full results, video clips etc will be posted shortly.

However, for those of you who were wondering who won... GTD or Ferrari ?

it was close.....

but the GTD's won by just over 2 seconds on the first three drivers accumulative totals.

Full results will follow.

regards

Paul Thompson

Ahhh, history repeats itself. Kind of.
smile.gif

You chaps in the UK certainly do seem to have a lot of fun with your GTDs. Perhaps I should look into a transfer to one of my company's UK offices for a year or two so I can join in the fun.
grin.gif

Back