Brakes and Suppliers in England

Hi All,

I received the latest issue of the GTD Club magazine couple of days ago (lots of great info). I am interested in upgrading my brakes for street use (rear brakes mainly). As Malcolm calls them they are indeed rubbish
smile.gif

Bud Jones (40Bud)suggested Frnak Katt as source. I e-mailed him last week (have not heard anything, may be out of town). I have also received loads great info from Malcolm on brake up grade. What I need are part numbers and local vendors in England. I know the GTD club has lot of the parts I need. My problem is not knowing exactly what I need to buy (Calipers, rotors, uprights,hand brake cables??!).
confused.gif

I also need the phone number (or website) of any local vendors that are familiar with English Ford parts.

Thanks,

F.Faili CA, USA

Faili, I am not out of town but did not get your E mail, (For safety I do not open mail that do'es not relate directly to GT40 subjects)Please come back and I will try to answer your Questions, Frank

Faili, some of the UK vendors utilize Wilwood components for upgrades, why not use something domestic? Brian

For info & prices on Wilwood brakes go to http://www.raldes.co.uk/

In the left hand menu, scroll down & click on 'Wilwood'

then choose page 10 & there are a couple of kits listed for GT40 replica's.

Frank,would you post details on the kits you supply? Especially those for 15" wheels.

I have retained 15" wheels and used Brembo calipers and discs on my Mallock RML GT40. For best advice I suggest you contact Brembo's UK distributer Grand Prix Raceware and who are based at Silverstone Race Circuit. Tel: +44 1327 855 585. You should speak to Steve and who is a mine of information on all things Brembo. He has spec'd systems for several GT40 customers so he knows which would be best for your particular setup.

Gents,

Thanks for all the great info. I will contact the numbers/sites that you guys provided. I have also send another e-mail to Frank C regarding my requirments.

This is a great Forum, my face is slowly changing from
confused.gif
to this
smile.gif

[email protected]

Back