GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > GT40 Media Center and GT40 Clubs > GT40 Enthusiasts Club

GT40 Enthusiasts Club Forum for the GT40 Enthusiasts Club and Fortyfication

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2002, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
p thompson
Administrator
United Kingdom

GT40: None
GTD40 Club AGM 2002

Hi all,
Now that the club's sprint / hillclimb season has finished. Don't forget that the AGM will be taking place on Sunday October 6th at Club member Malcolm Kerr's place in Kent.

Once again food will be provided but if you want to bring an additional dish or dessert, please do.

One thing though - to help with the catering - if you intend to come along, please either email me, or telephone me at work or home. Knowing who's attending + party size (guests/partner) will help a great deal.

Remember, the AGM is the ideal opportunity to meet other club members, view the cars, or air your views etc etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you / speaking to you a week Sunday!

regards

Paul Thompson
email: paul.thompson@gtd40club.co.uk

[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: Paul Thompson ]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 4th October 2002, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: GTD40 Club AGM 2002

Today in the post I received a prize that it is intended to presented at the AGM. It is the No6 Gulf Scalectrix car as has been recently discussed on this forum. You can't win it if you are not there!

Malcolm

PS I would suggest it is a better model than a lot of the die cast ones!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 7th October 2002, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
FredGT40
10 tenths
Belgium

GT40: GTD40

How was the AGM?
Fred
Old 8th October 2002, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Julian West
7 Tenths
United Kingdom

GT40: GTD

Who ever wins the scalextric GT40, Is welcome to come & use my private circuit for a track day..... As many laps as you like, no noise restrictions, guaranteed dry weather, no cost and free use of any cars in my 'garage' of over 50 super exotics, inc T70, Mirage, cobra's, 512's, 917's, Mclaren F1, Lotus 7, etc, etc.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 9th October 2002, 07:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maxiboy
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United Kingdom

GT40: KVA MK1 type C

I have a Scalextric GT40, but it is the Mirage model. Probably quite a few years old, but partly spoilt by the fact that a previous owner must have repainted it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Hasn't raced for a while, but it used to whizz past my mates' heavier modern cars down the straights [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , but didn't grip the corners as well as it doesn't have the rear magnet/weight of the modern cars [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: Maxiboy ]
Old 9th October 2002, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Julian West
7 Tenths
United Kingdom

That's the one! If you have the 'race tuned' version, it has a special motor that'll have a blue casing. It has removeable brushes & needs a few laps to warm up before it'll go to maximum revs.

Once on full power it'll fly. infact it'll produce way more power than the ageing chassis will handle, hence the dodgy cornering, but with some fantastic wheelspins!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 9th October 2002, 09:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

Julian, you need to get your real car back on the road so you can pretend to be the plastic driver in a Scaletrix model! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Malcolm

Old 9th October 2002, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Julian West
7 Tenths
United Kingdom

Yes, & perhaps it'll handle like it's on rails.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]