Bedford Autodrome

MWGT40

Supporter
For naybody who is interested, Frank and I are going to Bedford Autodrome for a track day on Saturday 26th October. We will be taking my 40 onto the South West circuit which includes a 1KM straight.

The noise restrictions are as follows:

* 101 DB static test
* 89.5 DB on the drive by

If you want to check out what an awesome venue this is (with huge run-off areas all over the circuit) go to www.bedford-autodrome.co.uk

The cost is £190 (inclusive of VAT) and I think that there are still some places available.

Regards, Martin

MWGT40

Supporter
Sorry, I forgot to mention one important point.

If you turn up and your car does not pass the noise test, you get a full refund - unlike all other track days I know. This is what had put me off going to this track before, although we tested my car at Longleat and found the static test gave only 98 DB.

Regards,Martin

Martin,

I didn't get much chance to chat at longleat, but had a good nose at your car!

How do you find the combination of rose joints & 17" wheels? Does this affect ride quality & road noise?

Also, what lifespan are you expecting from the rose joints?

MWGT40

Supporter
Ride quality is superb. It is one of the first thing that people comment on when they ride in my car. They expect it to be too firm and hard but instead it feels very much like a modern supercar, with oodles of grip in corners. However, I put a lot of this down to the dampers and spings that I am using (Koni and Eibach two-part progressive respectively)

As for the expected life of the rose joints, I hadn't really thought specifically about that. I will just replace as and when needed. Frank can give you a better idea about that if you want.

Fair comment. The only downside I can see with rose joints is cost!

I'm sure life expectancy depends on useage, but it'd be nice to get some idea as to how long before they need replacing.

It must make the geo much easier to set.

Back